Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

flower girl

I am having a problem finding a flower girl. all the girls in the family are to old ( talking teenagers) and no one either of us knows has a young daughter.

would it be such a big deal if I didnt have a flower girl?

Re: flower girl

• Not a big deal in the slightest.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Not at all.  There is no requirement that you have a flower girl.
  • Not a big deal. Ours was 10, if that matters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not at all. It's better to have none than to ask a child that isn't even close to you. 
  • thanks i always thought it was one of those things you had to have. After all I have never been to a wedding where there wasnt a flower girl, but now I dont have to stress it so much if I find one I find one, if I dont I dont.
  • We didn't have a flower girl.  Or ring bearer.  Not a big deal.
  • We are having two flower girls, but no ring bearer. I think either are totally optional.
  • FG and RB don't actually do their "job".  They are usually there for the cute-ness factor.  Totally unnecessary.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • We have neither flower girl nor flower boy, nor ring bearing boy nor ring bearing girl.  I mention this because, you know, you could have a 'flower boy.'  Maybe have a boy scatter confetti instead of petals, if his family were concerned he would seen too girlie.  There are really no rules that you must have these components, or what their gender is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards