Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Advice about wedding photos

Our wedding photos didn't come out as expected. I've been working on making our wedding announcements and some memorabilia to put up in the house, but it's become difficult to find some really nice photos to use. They do not appear to be color corrected as said in the contract. The company owner said he is away until the beginning of April and will look over it again then. The horizon is not straight in many of the shots. There are a LOT of wide shots, which cannot be cropped for a close up because they not crisp or out of focus.

Our photographer (owner's associate) was nice and he actually shot for longer than he should. We got 1100 photos for the 1.5 hours that we paid for. Theoretically this is great, except that in this case it just meant 10-20 shots of each pose or setting. I'd like to know if my expectations are unreasonable, is it the photographer or maybe just the shooting conditions?

Here is an example of poor photos:

and nicer ones:

edited: I didn't realize the online album required a sign in.

Re: Advice about wedding photos

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_advice-about-wedding-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:e5cba3d1-59fc-4a8f-87b2-c940b34f0eb9Post:b76209ce-1649-4168-84ba-43da98ce9959">Advice about wedding photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding photos didn't come out as expected. I've been working on making our wedding announcements and some memorabilia to put up in the house, but it's become difficult to find some really nice photos to use. They do not appear to be color corrected as said in the contract. The company owner said he is away until the beginning of April and will look over it again then. The horizon is not straight in many of the shots. There are a LOT of wide shots, which cannot be cropped for a close up because they not crisp or out of focus. Our photographer (owner's associate) was nice and he actually shot for longer than he should.<strong> We got 1100 photos for the 1.5 hours that we paid for</strong>. Theoretically this is great, except that in this case it just meant 10-20 shots of each pose or setting. I'd like to know if my expectations are unreasonable, is it the photographer or maybe just the shooting conditions? Here is an example of poor photos: and nicer ones: edited: I didn't realize the online album required a sign in.
    Posted by misschanelly[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Your photographer took 1100 photos in 1.5 hours??  Sounds like a quality vs. quantity issue.  Did you see their portfolio before you booked them?

</div>
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_advice-about-wedding-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:e5cba3d1-59fc-4a8f-87b2-c940b34f0eb9Post:3949cbd3-2551-4369-8130-cd5fc42f3e83">Re: Advice about wedding photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Advice about wedding photos : Your photographer took 1100 photos in 1.5 hours??  Sounds like a quality vs. quantity issue.  Did you see their portfolio before you booked them?
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Our wedding was small and planned in a short amount of time. I found reviews and looked at an online photo gallery for one company, but with a week's notice the owner wasn't available. He offered his associate and sent me a sample of his work. </div><div>
    </div><div>Is it my fault for not doing enough research and hiring a "bad" photographer? I think it's reasonable to want photos that are focused, crisp and properly exposed. With wedding photography, does the price charged/paid have anything to do with quality received? I'm just wondering if there's something I should do or just suck it up and maybe leave my thoughts in a review. </div>
  • Options
    Also, the photographer actually shot for longer than 1.5 hours
  • Options
    I feel your pain.  We were incredibly disappointed with the photos we received from our photographer.  We booked them based on the gorgeous pics they had on their website.

Our pics are blurry, over-exposed, under-exposed, dark, light, orangey, everything you don't want. 

We asked our photographer to refund some of our money but they refused.  You might want to ask yours just to see.  

We couldn't come to any sort of resolution with ours so I posted honest reviews of how unhappy we were.   The company then threatened to sue us for libel.  Seriously.

In the end all we could do was hire a different photographer to go back to the venue and get some good shots. 

I would definitely contact them and let them know how disappointed you are.  Maybe they can reshoot some pics for you? 
  • Options
    If he is posing aa a photographer it doesn't matter what you paid your pictures should have been sharp.  Ask the photographer to edit the pictures and tell him what you want. Bettter color, sharper pictures, etc. and show him which pictures you want cropped.  If he has a profession photo lab they can do that.  If he does his own developing he should have a photo program like photoshop CS5, Corel, etc.  and all of these things can be done in those programs.  I still use Photoshope Elements 8 and I can do those adjustments.  If he can't ask for a refund  if your luckey he might refund you some of your money and get the disk of pictures.  Mabe you have a friend with a program and they can fix them for you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards