• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Invites and Paper

Too late for Thank You cards?

Hey girls!
My FI and I are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we will be gone for two weeks. I will be writing and sending out the thank you cards right when we get back. So my question is is this too late? I dont know what the timeline is for these things. So the guests wont actually get the invites until 3 weeks after the wedding, is this okay? Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
PersonalMilestone

Re: Too late for Thank You cards?

• That's perfectly alright. It's if you never send them that your guests will get miffed. One of my friends got married and she never bothered to send me a thank you card for my gift.
    Anniversary
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!) member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_too-late-for-thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:463c8091-bba7-455e-a4d4-effaedb17bdcPost:0f8dab5a-3140-444e-8961-f290615fec77">Too late for Thank You cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls! My FI and I are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we will be gone for two weeks. I will be writing and sending out the thank you cards right when we get back. So my question is is this too late? I dont know what the timeline is for these things. So the guests wont actually get the invites until 3 weeks after the wedding, is this okay? Thanks.
    Posted by rks421[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Most people know you will probably be going on a honeymoon after the wedding and won't be expecting a thank you card right away.  Most of the thank yous I've received were in the 1-3 month time frame after the wedding and I thought that was perfectly fine.

</div>
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    That will be fine. Nobody will expect them immediately.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think that's a reasonable amount of time. Especially because of your honeymoon, I'm sure your guests will understand. 
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just make sure you write thank you notes before the wedding for the gifts that arrive before the wedding. Otherwise your timeline is fine.
  • Wonderful! Thanks everyone!! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_too-late-for-thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:463c8091-bba7-455e-a4d4-effaedb17bdcPost:0f8dab5a-3140-444e-8961-f290615fec77">Too late for Thank You cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls! My FI and I are going on our honeymoon the day after the wedding and we will be gone for two weeks. I will be writing and sending out the thank you cards right when we get back. So my question is is this too late? I dont know what the timeline is for these things. So the guests wont actually get the invites until 3 weeks after the wedding, is this okay? Thanks.
    Posted by rks421[/QUOTE]
    A couple I work with got married in November. I was unable to attend the wedding but still gave them a gift. I have yet to receive a thank you. I think 2 weeks it perfectly acceptable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards