California-Los Angeles

TOOO FUNNY: Don't EVER say your guest don't keep favors!

Ok Ladies, ALL of us always say none of our guest will keep any of the knick knack favors, so us the modern brides do mostly edible favors photobooths etc... right?

So my mother and I started some spring cleaning and I took advantage of this because I thought this would be a GREAT opportunity to get rid of some stuff that shouldn't move on with me and FI and also make room for some stuff to stay at my moms that I shouldn't take with me to our new home (hehehe)

So going through my mom's closet, I found this box...to my surprise... I opened it and you won't believe what it's filled with.... yes ladies....WEDDING FAVORS!!!!

Yes the potpourri, wine glasses with figurines in them, baskets, girls you know what I'm taking about itWink

I bursted laughing and my mom came to look and she said oh I had MORE before like a kitchen trash bag of them! (We are talking about like 300++ favors) I remember it, she got rid of alot and of that she now has this box. 

My suggestion was to throw it away, she wanted to go through them...ok ladies she's keeping at least 75% of the box because she has fond memories of the couple. 

This post would NOT be believable without pics....

ENJOY!!!!!Laughing

BOX I FOUND!

A FEW OF THEM SHE DECIDED TO KEEP!

SOME OF THE OTHERS SHE DECIDED TO KEEP!

I JUST HAD TO SHOW YOU LADIES!

A NAPKIN, AUGUST 13TH, 1995

Re: TOOO FUNNY: Don't EVER say your guest don't keep favors!

• nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's funny!  It's amazing to me that she's been to so many weddings!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will I be seeing your mom on Hoarders?  Wink
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    To be honest, my bro was the one who went to at least 90% of the weddings. He would bring the favors home and then my mom wouldn't want to throw them away because the couple paid $$$ for them, it almost felt like she was throwing $$ away.

So after many years of collecting and NOT wanting to throw away she ended up with 300+ favors. 

It's time to depart, but the few weddings she has gone to or knows the couple etc etc...she refuses to throw....geesh!

MY MOTHER LADIES!!!!

Jagore-she is actually on the next episode??? lolWink
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that is sweet - I would love to know that people either kept my favor or used them in some capacity. 
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OMG.  I would totally recycle these and use them as the favors in my own wedding! ROFL!!!!!

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand...my aunt has a display of just favors in it. It's huge and has a whole lot of them...that's crazy!  I guess there are cool people who kept those little things that stressed us out so much during the wedding process. yay to your mom haha!
  • aissa0814aissa0814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG just like my mother!!! LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    I think its cute.  a little slice of history, right? :)
  • edited December 2011
    lmao!! same like my hispanic family...all of them! hahahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    www.mrandmrsponce.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards