Wedding Reception Forum

I need an I Judge thread

I judge my 27--year-old-still-lives-at-home-pays-no-living-expenses-SIL who just co-leased a $90K car with her BF.  Who also lives with his parents and has no expenses. And no she does not make 6 figures.  They also live in Long Island and have traffic citations so their insurance is pretty high.    It's their life, but yeah I judge them for leasing that car instead of IDK, moving out on their own?  Either separately or together. 

I also judge my DH's cousin who just shared a FB post about drug testing welfare recipients in FL.   Umm, that post was from 2011.  As of Feb 2013 it's still in the courts with the state losing and re-appealing.   Oh and the post said " It's a legal requirement that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?"

Now some jobs require drug testing, but it's not a requirement for all jobs.   Neither DH or me had to take a test for our current jobs.

I think I'm just judgy over my ILs today.   Which is funny to me, because I generally like them. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: I need an I Judge thread

• umm.. now I judge myself for thinking I was on the Chit Chat board.

Is it monday?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:6554d757-01af-41a7-9a8b-cb8da8705332">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]umm.. now I judge myself for thinking I was on the Chit Chat board. Is it monday?
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I judge today, Thursday, for feeling like a Monday.

I judge DH's work for canceling his school today (because the roads are flooded and they can't get to the building) and instead of sending them home, sent them to their offices (despite the interstate and many of the city roads being closed and under water) to work a 16 hour shift. They have no rain gear, no work gear (harnesses, hard hats, etc), no extra clothes because they were all expecting to sit in a classroom.
  • That is crazy. I would be pissed to.

We just moved to  Indy.  We are once again under a tornado watch.  I can't say I like these popping up everyday.  I'm use to hurricanes where I have days notice to be prepared.

• We could use the overtime money, but we also have a charity banquet tonight that we spent $100+ on tickets for and planned to go to with some friends, and I'm ticked we'll likely be missing that now on top of thinking of poor DH sopping wet working in the rain today.
  • we are going to a charity event also tonight.  Although DH is cooking and I'm helping him out in the booth. 

• This probably sounds really dumb, but I didn't even know there were cars that cost $90k.  Good lord.  

Today I judge the yoga instructor of the class I just went to.  Normally people ask if they can touch you.  Normally I don't mind.  But, this lady kept coming over and putting her hands all over me fixing my posture and didn't ask.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:e03dc381-430f-48aa-9777-fa019d724968">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>This probably sounds really dumb, but I didn't even know there were cars that cost $90k.  Good lord.</strong>   Today I judge the yoga instructor of the class I just went to.  Normally people ask if they can touch you.  Normally I don't mind.  But, this lady kept coming over and putting her hands all over me fixing my posture and didn't ask.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

<div>Well when you buy a luxury German car, add in special options like special rims and such you get a $90k car.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:c2462ba5-1e3f-4d02-bf53-0be19b86c190">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in Indy too. Get used to severe storms/tornados. It sucks. Also, I would judge your sister in laws parents for allowing her to live there rent free and not kicking her out to be a freaking adult.
    Posted by scribe95[/QUOTE]

<div>MIL doesn't seem bothered that she and 40 year old BIL (brother and sister) live there. I think she enjoys having someone around.  Even though they do not pay anything to her.  At least the other SIL moved out a year ago.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>MIL is the same woman who doesn't let people touch her "stuff" which includes oven and the washer/dryer.  So she does their laundry also.  I guess MIL must feel needed or something.   Funny though she always encouraged DH to be independent.   So strange how she treats them differently.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:f25014d0-3625-4fee-94b0-9e8f1a5de9ca">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need an I Judge thread : MIL doesn't seem bothered that she and 40 year old BIL (brother and sister) live there. I think she enjoys having someone around.  Even though they do not pay anything to her.  At least the other SIL moved out a year ago.   MIL is the same woman who doesn't let people touch her "stuff" which includes oven and the washer/dryer.  So she does their laundry also.  I guess MIL must feel needed or something.   <strong>Funny though she always encouraged DH to be independent.   So strange how she treats them differently</strong>.
    My mom always taught me to be independent by the time I was in high school I was doing my own laundry, making my own dinners and lunches.  My brother who is 23 still lives at home she does all of his laundry still and makes him breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I'm guessing since he is the youngest she still wants to baby him but it's so weird to me.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:b18dcb57-1c10-4e93-bb1e-ff6761373cb3">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need an I Judge thread :

I judge today, Thursday, for feeling like a Monday.

I judge DH's work for canceling his school today (because the roads are flooded and they can't get to the building) and instead of sending them home, sent them to their offices (despite the interstate and many of the city roads being closed and under water) to work a 16 hour shift. They have no rain gear, no work gear (harnesses, hard hats, etc), no extra clothes because they were all expecting to sit in a classroom.
    Posted by ZiggyZos[/QUOTE]

The storm this morning was crazy! I was under a little roof waiting for the bus and my boss texted me and just told me to go home. The bus was going to take over an hour anyway thanks to all the closed roads.

So I judge myself for going to Target instead of work and spending $66 on stuff I don't need. But now I'm in my sweats watching tv, so I win.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:1b574f0b-8676-4e5f-8a9e-a5c827bcf539">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need an I Judge thread :
    The storm this morning was crazy! I was under a little roof waiting for the bus and my boss texted me and just told me to go home. The bus was going to take over an hour anyway thanks to all the closed roads.

So I judge myself for going to Target instead of work and spending $66 on stuff I don't need. But now I'm in my sweats watching tv, so I win.
    Posted by JennaMichelle88[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous! I was planning to duck out a little early because of H having to work (so if I need to call someone about the crawl being flooded I can) but my CT who had initially said no problem had to leave because his basement flooded, so now I'm taking over the remainder of his classes for the day.

As much as I was looking forward to the charity dinner tonight, I wouldn't mind a night in sweat pants catching up on my Ru Paul's Drag Race and Chopped.

H was sending me pictures from downtown earlier. It's astounding. I don't even know how he would get him with all of the closures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:009bd4c1-65a6-4f89-8c6c-761e2227596e">I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge my 27--year-old-still-lives-at-home-pays-no-living-expenses-SIL who just co-leased a $90K car with her BF.  Who also lives with his parents and has no expenses. And no she does not make 6 figures.  They also live in Long Island and have traffic citations so their insurance is pretty high.    It's their life, but yeah I judge them for leasing that car instead of IDK, moving out on their own?  Either separately or together. <strong> I also judge my DH's cousin who just shared a FB post about drug testing welfare recipients in FL.   Umm, that post was from 2011.  As of Feb 2013 it's still in the courts with the state losing and re-appealing.   Oh and the post said "  It's a legal requirement that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?"</strong> Now some jobs require drug testing, but it's not a requirement for all jobs.   Neither DH or me had to take a test for our current jobs. I think I'm just judgy over my ILs today.   Which is funny to me, because I generally like them. 

I judge your DH's cousin too. Cuz, we should really subject hundreds of thousands of people to be humilated by peeing in front of a stranger so they can get a check that won't even support their living expenses in the first place, so they can catch the barely 3% of welfare recipients who test positive for drug use. Blah!  I hate people that post crap like this.

I usually respond with "Maybe we should drug test all business owners who get tax credits or subsidies.  And all people who get subsidized student loans. Or anyone who gets an FHA or VA loan. And every member of congress."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:92c49f8f-f72a-4083-afa2-8757b23ba21e">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I need an I Judge thread : I judge your DH's cousin too. Cuz, we should really subject hundreds of thousands of people to be humilated by peeing in front of a stranger so they can get a check that won't even support their living expenses in the first place, so they can catch the barely 3% of welfare recipients who test positive for drug use. Blah!  I hate people that post crap like this. I usually respond with "Maybe we should drug test all business owners who get tax credits or subsidies.  And all people who get subsidized student loans. Or anyone who gets an FHA or VA loan. And every member of congress."
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:3c6232ea-7378-4800-bf94-b3230e1d5227">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need an I Judge thread : Yep. 

:)    thank you for letting me judge your Inlaw !
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:c38966bc-7795-4bb5-94da-aa258b8dbda5">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need an I Judge thread : :)    thank you for letting me judge your Inlaw !
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

<div>No problem.  Glad to help.  </div><div>
    </div><div>They are all pro-gay marriage, so that are not completely hopeless :)</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-need-an-i-judge-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:75852c3d-dd46-4c3f-a0e9-09fef8b3161fPost:31120ce7-d162-4fbc-98ae-6d0127661e3b">Re: I need an I Judge thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need an I Judge thread : No problem.  Glad to help.   They are all pro-gay marriage, so that are not completely hopeless :)

hahahaha. baby steps.  I had a FB friend who posted yesterday that she HATES Obama, and HE raised her uncle's taxes and it's ALL HIS FAULT !!!!!

I wish people would get a clue before the post things that make them look like idiots.
  • Oh man this well timed...

I judge all my customers with zero grasp of basic geography.  You think London/Europe/Africa are all countries?  I judge.  And sadly, I end up judging on a pretty regular basis.

I also judged an advertisement that came in a brochure for a venue we just checked out.  The company claimed to be "always hip, classy, and professional" and the entire ad was written in papyrus.  Using papyrus is like using comic sans, it automatically disqualifies you from being hip, classy, or professional.  Yes, I'm a font snob.  Papyrus and comic sans make me cringe, especially when used for professional advertisements.

And I agree with the PP on feeding seagulls and would like to extend my judgment to people who feed squirrels.   The evil little buggers chased me through the park once.  They were even well-coordinated and tried to surround me like the raptors in Jurassic Park.
  • http://www.hellodress.co.uk/
      Stunning range of Bridal Gowns uk for you choose! HelloDress.co.uk offers cheap and high quality wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, prom dress, evening gowns and so on.

B 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards