Massachusetts

Outdoor wedding photo locations near Chicopee, MA??

Hi there ladies, I am getting married 9/28/2013 at the Castle of Knights in Chicopee (both ceremony and reception are there) just looking to see if you ladies have any suggestions on places nearby to go take pictures outside between ceremony and reception. My photographer is reseraching ideas and I am just looking to see if any of you guys know of anything else?? Thanks!!

Re: Outdoor wedding photo locations near Chicopee, MA??

• Erica, have you thought of Szot Park?  I think they have a gazebo there that would be pretty for photos. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SJM7538SJM7538 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Szot park is nice. My sister did her pics there and they came out beautiful.

Buttery Brook is another park and its a lot closer than Szot. But I haven't been there in a long time so I'm not sure what the park looks like anymore, but you may want to check it out. To have to leave to drive to Szot and come back might be a pain in the butt.

How much time do you have between the ceremony and reception. Mt. Holyoke college is one town over in S. Hadley and the grounds are BEAUTIFUL. My friend got married there in 2010 and we took pictures in the gardens and by the pond. But that was in August so school wasn't back in session yet... not sure if that would be an issue.
  • Thanks for the input, I am not too familiar with Chicopee but looking at it now it seems we have about an hour in between ceremony and reception. The whole reason I am getting married in September is for the gorgeous outdoor photos. Thanks for the input I will look into these :)
  • Mount Holyoke is most likely your best bet. It's about a ten minute drive from the castle of knights I'd say. If class being in session isn't an issue I'd go with that. The grounds are gorgeous and so aren't the buildings.
  • SJM7538SJM7538 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Oh and if you need anything else pm me. I grew up in Chicopee and only live one town over now.
  • I would give yourself a bit more than 10 minutes to get from CoK to Mount Holyoke in September- I was a 5 college student myself and the route from Memorial Drive to Mount Holyoke can be a total cluster.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm in Springfield- nice to see some fellow WMass'ers! Szot Park, Forest Park (could be about a 10 minute drive from Chicopee). Then if you don't mind a little longer drive there's Mittenague in West Springfield. You could also find some farms or old abandoned barns or buildings, I've seen some awesome pictures like that.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Oh also mountains- Mt. Tom, Skinner Mountain, there has to be more! Robinson Park in Agawam can be nice as well. But I def. suggest Forest Park in Springfield

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards