October 2014 Weddings

GTKY

Since there seems to be more and more new October brides, I figure we should all get to know each other! Feel free to share as much or as little as you want. :)

My name (or what you all can call me): You can call me JD
Fiance's name: D
Wedding date: October 4, 2014 (for now)
Wedding colors: Still deciding. We will probably go with a fall theme - orange, black, red, etc. I would like a fall theme bouquet and my bridesmaids will probably wear black dresses.
Age (you and FI): I'm 24 and he's 25. We will both be 26 when we get married.
How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for four years, engaged for two years.
Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): One cat - T. See my sig below for pics!
Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I'm a huge procrastinator so I have done basically nothing so far. We've looked at the ceremony venue and the date that we want is fully open, so we will probably book there next month!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: GTKY

• Fun idea! :) 

My name (or what you all can call me): Leah
    Wedding date: October 4, 2014
    Wedding colors: We're pretty set on black and red, but we're still far out enough that it could change.
    Age (you and FI): I'm 21 and he is 23. I'll be 23 and he will be 25 when we get married.
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for a year and a half, living together for 9 months, engaged for less than 2 months!
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): Our sweet kitten, Hobbes!
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: Our engagement is so long because FH wants to graduate from Grad school and get a job with benefits in the field he is pursuing before we marry. He graduates this December and we figured a year and a half is enough time for him to find a job (knock on wood!)
  • Fun!

My name (or what you all can call me): CMS or Sciulli
    Fiance's name: B
    Wedding date: October 18, 2014
    Wedding colors: Fall palette- copper, rust, gold, chocolate, deep purple, green. (see sample ribbon swatches below).  Once I pick my dress I will have a better idea of what color I'd like for the BM's, but right now I'm thinking chocolate.
    Age (you and FI): I'm 32 and he's 31.
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for 10 years, engaged since June 2012.
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): Persian cat named Smooshie, 1 fancy goldfish, 2 finches, one Missouri Foxtrotting Horse named Elly :-)
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I'm planning a lot of DIY for my wedding because I love crafts and working in different mediums, but most because I am very particular and I know what I want, lol!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Best Idea EVER! 

My name (or what you all can call me):  Ashley or Smalfrie either or
    Fiance's name: David
    Wedding date: October 18, 2014
    Wedding colors: Black, white and aqua
    Age (you and FI): I am 22 and he is 36 (almost, 9 days)
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating a year + and engaged for 9 months
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): We have two cats named Carline and Leto and a 2yr old Aussie Shepherd/Red Heeler Cross named Athena 
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I am very excited abour our venue, my mom and step dad got married in the same place 10 years ago this July! 
    Anniversary
  • Hey OP, you moved your wedding a year? I know you were on October 2013. How the heck have you been?

Also, Im just stopping to say Hi to October 2014 Brides. I am the Mod over on the 2013 board. Hope you're first steps are going well!

• My name (or what you all can call me): Teddi (former cat's name)
    Fiance's name: BV
    Wedding date: October 4, 2014
    Wedding colors: Chocolate Brown, Pale blue and silver
    Age (you and FI): I'm 35; he's 36
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for four 1/2 years - no ring yet, but we have planned a lot already.
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): Two orange tabby cats - Banana & Hankie
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I love kittehs,

gin martinis, travelling, GoT and taking photos. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Great idea!

My name (or what you all can call me): Melissa
    Fiance's name: Brian
    Wedding colors: Mint green and ivory
    Age (you and FI): We're both 26 years old and will be 27 when we're married.
    How long have you been dating/engaged: We were dating for 7 years and a few months when we got engaged on New Years Eve.   We're going to celebrate our 9 year anniversary on our wedding day! ;)
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): I have one shih tzu puppy, Teddy.
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I'm planning a lot of DIY projects because 1) I'm hoping it will save me money, 2) I have a vision and can't seem to find what I like anywhere else, 3) I'm a bit of a control freak ;), and 4) my mother and I love to craft!  I am a teacher and my FI works on the railroad, so we're mixing a library theme and trains.  I know it sounds odd, but we're naming our tables after railroad companies and adding vintage toy train cars on top of our hardcover books. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_gtky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:47ff751c-88a9-4093-a029-22e45efca217Post:5387636f-6ae3-45d0-a2d6-7312664d08e2">Re: GTKY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey OP, you moved your wedding a year? I know you were on October 2013. How the heck have you been? Also, Im just stopping to say Hi to October 2014 Brides. I am the Mod over on the 2013 board. Hope you're first steps are going well!
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]
    We did! He's graduating this May, so we figured we would need another year to save up some money. :) <div>
    </div><div>Do you have any tips for us October brides?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My name (or what you all can call me):  Danielle
    Fiance's name: James
    Wedding date: October 12, 2014
    Wedding colors: Burnt orange and chocolate brown
    Age (you and FI): I am 29 and he is 31
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating 3+ years and engaged for 2 months
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): We have a cat named Phoebe
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I'm one of those crazy cat ladies that will insist on our cat being in some of the wedding photos.
  • My name (or what you all can call me): Rae
    Fiance's name: "Bebe"
    Wedding date: October 4, 2014
    Wedding colors: Yellow, & Navy
    Age (you and FI): I'm 23 and he's 25.
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating 3 1/2 years, Engaged 3 Months
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): A Cat, Her name is Mamas
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I'm pretty short, so finding a dress is gonna be a son of a bleep, also Im hoping im as DIY savy as I thnk i am, otherwise some of my wedding is going to look tacky! 

Mamas is a classy girl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My name (or what you all can call me): CB
    Fiance's name: POW
    Wedding date: October 11, 2014 
    Wedding colors: Burnt Orange with a green and a brown accent probably
    Age (you and FI): I'm 27and he's 31. I'll be 28 and he'll be 33 when we get married. 
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating 3 years, Engaged 1 year but were waiting to finish school to start planning
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): A rescue cat named Kaya.  
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I'm so not DIY. I cant' draw a straight line if my life depended on it. The boy and I are both kinda nerdy so we'll be doing a science themed wedding Smile
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_gtky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:47ff751c-88a9-4093-a029-22e45efca217Post:2aab0752-0e05-4dc3-806e-4b71a5aa8a07">Re: GTKY</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GTKY : We did! He's graduating this May, so we figured we would need another year to save up some money. :)  Do you have any tips for us October brides?
    Posted by justdance93[/QUOTE]

If you see something you want for your wedding at the store, don't buy it right away. Look on TK and craigslist.

Don't ask your girls until at most a yr out to around the 9 month mark. Relationships/people change.

Have fun!

I've started my "For Sale" website so if anyone is looking for something in particular, come on over to October 2013 board and ask.

Enjoy ladies!

• My name (or what you all can call me): My name is Karie but you can call me LambFiance's name: Steve! (all the girls in my family married a Steve.)Wedding date: October 4 or Oct. 11th 2014Wedding colors: Brown and Orange-(fall colors)Location: WisconsinAge (you and FI): Im 26 he is 25How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for 8months engaged for 2 monthsAny pets? (bonus points for PIPs): I have 2 cats 2 dogs a rabbit and 2 guniea pigs, he has one cat. Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I love the muppets! kinda jealous of Muppet on here..but oh well. Im a vikings fan-the FI is a Packer fan. FI cousin and I went to high school together, but FI and I met online dating. Kinda strange...lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My name (or what you all can call me): Jen Fiance's name: Kyle Wedding date: October 10 Wedding colors: Dark purple with blue and orange possibly Location: Connecticut Age (you and FI): 28 and 25 we'll be 30 and 26 when we tie the knot! How long have you been dating/engaged: we've been dating three years (on April 18th!) and engaged a month Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): two cats, Emma and Callie Random facts or anything else you'd like to share: excited to plan this day out, but more excited for the marriage!
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • This is a great idea :)

I love that all us October 2014 ladies thus far are pet owners, and all but one are cat owners!

My name (or what you all can call me): Leen
    Wedding date: October 12, 2014
    Wedding colors: I'm not set on this, but am thinking a deep purple and green or an orange-y red and gold. 
    Age (you and FI): I'm 27 and he's 28. We'll be 29/30 when we get married. 
    How long have you been dating/engaged: We started dating in November 2009, became exclusive in November 2011, and got engaged on March 1st 2013. 
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): Two cats: Pinky and Floyd. Pinky's the introverted fraidy princess cat who only bonds with her Mam and Dad, and Floyd's a social ham and is always finding boxes to plop into to and will bury his head into our faces and hands. Their hair is all over me all the time, as I'm sure many of you can relate to. 
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share:  After an extensive search, we booked our venue:
    http://www.gramercymansion.com/! My FI half-joked that he wanted the cats to attend the ceremony and reception. I've been to a wedding where the bride's dog was the ringbearer, and the thought of making one of our cats a ringbearer is hilarious. We're thinking of incorporating games into our wedding, FI wants a moonbounce but the venue rep kinda laughed when I asked about it so we may settle for cornhole :)
  • This is fun and since I am new the boards a great way to get to know everyone

My name (or what you all can call me): Kim
    Fiance's name: Justin
    Wedding colors: so far I think burnt orange and brown with a pop of teal
    Age (you and FI): I'm 35 he's 37
    How long have you been dating/engaged: We have been together 15 years engaged since December 2012
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): none at the moment
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: we have a 3 year old son together 

• My name (or what you all can call me):  Bre
    Wedding date: October 18, 2014
    Wedding colors: Not too sure yet.  My venue has changed from a barn setting to more of a vintage with a modern twist setting (suggestions welcomed!!!)Location: La Porte, IN
    Age (you and FI): I'm 23 and he will be 25 in a few short weeks. We'll be 24/26 when we get married. How long have you been dating/engaged: We started dating in July of 2008 and got engaged on November 19, 2012. 
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): I have one dog.  She is a soft-coated wheaton terrier named Abbey. 
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: I am currently in graduate school to obtain my Masters in Occupational Therapy.  Any other bride-to-bes in graduate school?
  • This is a great idea!!

My name (or what you all can call me): Elyse
    Fiance's name: Matt
    Wedding date: October 11, 2014 
    Wedding colors: Navy and Gray with a little Mint thrown in as an accent color
    Age (you and FI): I'm 22 and he's 23. He'll be 24 and I'll be 23 when we get married.
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for 3 years, engaged for 10 months.
    Any pets? (bonus points for PIPs): One cat named Aurora
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: He's in Texas, I'm in Pennsylvania...and neither of us are in Pittsburgh!  So, most of our wedding planning is being done in chunks when we're both in the same place.
  • So much fun!

My name (or what you all can call me): Sara
    Fiance's name: Mark
    Wedding date: October 4th or 25th 2014
    Wedding colors: Purple, Black and White
    Age (you and FI): We're both 25, He'll be 27 and I'll be 26 when we get married
    How long have you been dating/engaged: Dating for 3 and a half years, engaged for 7 months 
    Any Pets? (bonus points for PIPs): None yet, but we're planning to adopt a greyhound when we move in together later this year
    Random facts or anything else you would like to share: Both of our best friends have the same name as us and they are the MOH and the best man, and both names are spelled different (Sarah and Marc).  And I just bought my dress yesterday :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards