Chit Chat

Weirdest People You've been on a date with?

13»

Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:e3ca958b-5fcc-4ed3-85d3-9f2f0f7b87fb">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with? : Yipes!!!!  I am originally from CT.  What is with the older men with random roommates?  I feel like that is a thing.
    Posted by rachelm13[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I mean it wasn't like he had a huge house, and he made pretty good money at his job.  He totally could've paid the mortgage on the condo, etc.  His roommate was only like 22 too which was weird.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This story is a friend's, not mine.  Thank God.
    My friend "S" agreed to give her number to a friend of a friend "M" we had all met a few months before.  He and his gf had broken up a few weeks earlier (she apparently cheated on him and left him for the new guy) and he remembered S, and thought she was cute.  He called, they chatted a few times and went out for the first time that weekend.
    First date was ok, but he was a little clingy and talking about the future a little too much for S's taste.  But she agreed to a 2nd date, which was to take place the following day.
    M calls her the following day, and tells her that at some point between date 1 and this conversation (like 12 hours later), M's ex-gf showed up to tell him she's pregnant.  He's not sure if it's his or the new guy's.  He tells S that ex-gf is thinking about an abortion and probably getting one.
    S tells M she's no longer interested, timing isn't right with all this going on, etc.  He freaks out on her and won't stop calling/texting for days.
    Sad thing is, S kind of felt sorry for him and this situation, until he refused to accept that they weren't going to have date 2.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:6435ba75-fc36-48f5-a04c-e9ac7e14e66a">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with? : I don't know, I mean it wasn't like he had a huge house, and he made pretty good money at his job.  He totally could've paid the mortgage on the condo, etc.  His roommate was only like 22 too which was weird.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

yes it's a total thing!  i have heard about this many many times.  so weird/creepy.

what part of CT are you from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Anastasia517Anastasia517 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I have no stories of my own, but all of these are hilarious.  I've had a bit of a rough week and these have definitely made me feel better about my life.  (Or at least, my past dating life.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think a few of us have had a rough couple of days lately. It's amazing how the misery of others can make us feel better...or less bad.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Sometimes, that's all you can ask for!

I feel compelled to add something, but I have nothing.  However, my fiancé's first proper kiss was from a girl who thought an excellent French kissing technique was simply sticking your tongue out in the other person's mouth.  No movement, just the action that 5 year olds use when they are upset with you, complete with tightly closed lips.

For the record, she had plenty of kissing experience.  It just seems like she never clued in that she was doing it wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOL retread. I love that the husbands are getting involved. That's horrible about the comment. I would DIE.

I can't find this etiquette hell bad dates from hell board.I found the dating board, but it's not what I think you meant
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• When I was 17 I breifly dated a 21 year old who lived with his grandma, had a twin size bed with spiderman sheets and a spiderman comforter. He thought he was an author and was writing a lesbian love story (horribly written) and would give me several page packets of his book to read (essentially giving me postdate homework). I wanted to stop dating him after the first week but he had a lot of issues with rejection. In particular he was still creepily hung up on a girl he had dated for 3 months, 3 years prior to meeting me. He had a framed picture of her next to his bed. So creepy. So I felt bad about dumping him and couldn't find a way to do it delicately. He also was hands down the worst kisser ever. He like puckered his lips all wrinkly (think the face people make when they eat something sour) totally closed mouth, always just a peck. Anyway he dumped me in an email. Yeah, that made me feel like a real winner. Though I was super relieved.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOL why did he dump you?

Could he sense the disgust?
    image   imageimage

• Retread wins. I now know what I am reading alllllllllllllllllllll day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards