Virginia-Richmond

Photographers and the Dress

Hi ladies- any updated photographer recommendations? I have seen a lot that are from several yead ago. Looking to spend between 1200-2000 (max) and not doing bridals or engagement photos. Just the day of. However, the venue is very low light, so I want someone gifted at both natural light for outside day photos and low light for the night. Someone communicative and easy to work with would be great. I also prefer someone local to Richmond or surrounding area.

In love with this dress but can't find a similar version at any local RVA  (or within an hour or so) stores under $1,000. Don't really want to order online. Any shops I am missing? I will also consider used, but it is difficult with sizing. http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=395f5cf6-1292-43a5-945b-5badc3fc06b8&categoryID=8b7dab74-b94a-4f09-a17a-1bd3a9c54ba2&pg=1&colorId1=

Re: Photographers and the Dress

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_photagraphers-and-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:607Discussion:6f8216e4-67d8-41e9-8b41-0a06eedb9620Post:71663b02-e275-4feb-9e61-fc83feaf1b1d">Photographers and the Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies- any updated photographer recommendations? I have seen a lot that are from several yead ago. Looking to spend between 1200-2000 (max) and not doing bridals or engagement photos. Just the day of. However, the venue is very low light, so I want someone gifted at both natural light for outside day photos and low light for the night. Someone communicative and easy to work with would be great. I also prefer someone local to Richmond or surrounding area. In love with this dress but can't find a similar version at any local RVA  (or within an hour or so) stores under $1,000. Don't really want to order online. Any shops I am missing? I will also consider used, but it is difficult with sizing. <a href="http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=395f5cf6-1292-43a5-945b-5badc3fc06b8&categoryID=8b7dab74-b94a-4f09-a17a-1bd3a9c54ba2&pg=1&colorId1" rel="nofollow">http://www.alfredangelobridal.ca/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=395f5cf6-1292-43a5-945b-5badc3fc06b8&categoryID=8b7dab74-b94a-4f09-a17a-1bd3a9c54ba2&pg=1&colorId1</a> =
    Posted by weddingplan16[/QUOTE]

I haven't REALLY looked at photographers yet (we don't have a date yet - we should in a few weeks) but most of them that I've seen START at $3000 in this area.  unfortunately.

As for the dresses, there are a lot (it seems like) of bridal consignment shops in Newport News, Norfolk, Chesapeake, etc.  Maybe it'd be worth calling them first before driving down?

Sorry this is so vague.  Since I just started planning, I don't have an awesome list of vendors yet :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • We did some searching this week and have narrowed some photographers. I think it depends on what you are looking for, but most are around 1800- 2,000. However, I am sure it is a lot more if you do engagement photos and portraits prior to the wedding date.

The dress thing I am still mulling over. Just not many options of shops in the area. Next, we need to find an officiant, and I can't find the style I want at a cheaper store, such as David's Bridal. Name brands are not important to me. I just want to like it.
  • I just wanted to throw out the idea of having a dress made from scratch, as that is what I am doing. I found several dresses in stores I loved, but couldn't afford them. So, I took my inspriation pics to Evelyn's Designs in Richmond, and she is making me one from scratch, and under my $1,000 budget! http://evelyndesigns.net/ 
  • Hi there! I have a few names of photographers I would strongly recommend who are in your budget! We faced the same problem, when we sat down & put some initial #'s on paper, we had NO CLUE about the cost of photography! We found a guy who is great & will do unlimited day of coverage ( not really unlimited but 8-10 hours ), & an engagement session for $1200. His name is Joseph (Joey) Howington & I fell in love with his pics & creativity. I would also recommend Alexis Jones, she's a little pricier, but she will work with you to get what you want. And lastly, Kendall, I can't remember her last name, but her business name is under Simply Green photography. The only issue I had with her was she wanted to charge $300 for the CD of all the pics & nobody else I've talked to asked for that. Their prices maybe included it but nobody has said we'd be paying for them per say. If you are in the Richmond area, I'd definitely check out Joey & Alexis. Both very nice & talented!! There are 2consigmnent shops in Richmond, same area of town actually that have quite a selection of dresses. One is called It's Chic Again, it's in the Sycamore Square area on Midlothian Turnpike. Definitely worth checking out. The negotiating on prices may be better here than the other shop, which is called Bliss Bridal. If there are dresses that have been at Its chic again, they will call the seller & see what they'll take or if your offer is acceptable. IBliss bridal has only been open about 6 months, so I'm not sure how much " bargaining room" they have. Thy have both new & used dresses at both. I have a dress I'm trying to sell also, it's perfect for spring/summer wedding! I can send you pics if you are interested! Hope this will help you!
  • You should be able to look up Joey & Alexis's Info online. And I meant to say at its chic again if dress has been in the shop for a year your bargaining options increase. Just send me an email if you have any other questions, I'm not on here too often. My email is caligirl-3@live.com.
  • here's another option--there's a big sample sale going on at Bella Rosa Bridal this Sunday (the 28th) where they're liquidating their supply of previous season and discontinued gowns.  Over 150 gowns for sale, so there might be one for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards