Connecticut

Sunday weddings

I've noticed Sunday weddings are cheaper at most places. Do you think this day may turn some people off from coming?

Re: Sunday weddings

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_sunday-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f90c92bb-d62f-4315-ab5a-6bcbd6dab27cPost:c88ee465-58c9-4610-9cdc-e11fdffefed7">Sunday weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've noticed Sunday weddings are cheaper at most places. Do you think this day may turn some people off from coming?
    Posted by Envy1328[/QUOTE]

We are getting married on a Sunday and we have received about the response we were expecting. That being said, we are ending our reception at 10pm so it's not really all that late for people who still have to work the next day.

Hope that helps!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• same here, ours ends at 10:30.
  • If they care about you, no. absolutelly not.
  • Our wedding is a Sunday, labor day the next day so no work.  People are very excited about it being a Sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Sunday weddings:[QUOTE]If they care about you, no. absolutelly not. Posted by tashley8[/QUOTE]

I hate when people say stuff like this. I care deeply about my friends, but I also get up at 5am for work at my hospital job.
  • I am getting married on a Sunday too, and at first I was really worried about the same thing. I know for me, this is one of the only ways I can remotely afford my wedding. I think tashley8 couldn't of said it better! It's your wedding!! We brides need to remember It's only one night that someone else may have to be alittle inconvenienced. There's a lot of things to plan for and pay for! As far as I'm concerned we need to do what is best for us (& our fiancés lol) and (mostly) everyone will hopefully be happy for us. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_sunday-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f90c92bb-d62f-4315-ab5a-6bcbd6dab27cPost:ba0d6412-98ae-418d-95a2-33d82584dfe9">Re:Sunday weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Sunday weddings: I hate when people say stuff like this. I care deeply about my friends, but I also get up at 5am for work at my hospital job.
    Posted by Jessie42613[/QUOTE]

I hate that logic too.   You can use it in reverse too: If you really cared about your guests, you wouldn't make them choose between a full night of sleep and attending your weddng.
  • What about having an early Sunday wedding, lunch time-ish?  That way, everyone can get home in a resonable amount of time.  It's one of the things we're thinking about doing to accomodate our MA guests.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_sunday-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f90c92bb-d62f-4315-ab5a-6bcbd6dab27cPost:fcdad1bc-e4b9-4fb6-a56c-8ebcb0f949ff">Re: Sunday weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about having an early Sunday wedding, lunch time-ish?  That way, everyone can get home in a resonable amount of time.  It's one of the things we're thinking about doing to accomodate our MA guests.
    Posted by VadersValkyrie[/QUOTE]

<div>That's an awesome idea.  I don't mind Sunday weddings at all!!  It's just a huge bummer when the ceremony is at 5pm, dinner at 7, party for a few more hours, then before you know it, you're getting to bed at 1am with work in the morning :(</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards