• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Chit Chat

The Last Unicorn

PrettyGirlLostPrettyGirlLost A Land Filled with Unicorns and Cat Hair member
5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
Some of the "nerd" comments in the I Judge thread on E got me to thinking. . . anyone else here absolutley love the Rankin Bass film The Last Unicorn as a child or even now?

I think it is my favorite movie, and I really enjoyed the novel as well.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwsgjpqHa61qib9oao1_500.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: The Last Unicorn

• I love the book! The movie makes me want to shake the girl, but it's pretty solid anyway.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I love it and have it on DVD. And now I have the theme song/opening credits song in my head. "When the last eagle flies..."
  • The book was one of my favorites for a long time as a kid!!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER!!!!!!!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Lurker chiming in...

I own the DVD, but did not know it was based on a book.  Looks like I'll be tracking this one down on Amazon!
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl The Cold North member
    Knottie Warrior 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I'd totally forgotten about this movie.  I'm pretty sure I watched it a million times when I was a kid though
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think I've ever heard of this... What's the premise?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • The book is one of my favorites. Audre- it's the story of a unicorn who leaves her forest on a quest to find out if she is the last of her kind. She meets a magician and a bandit leaders wife and falls in love.
  • It's absolutely one of my favorites.  I purchased it on DVD years ago.  Unfortunately I neglected to remember that it's not really a kid movie for those like 5 years old before I re-watched it with my ex and his kids.  Whoops. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    I even had a fish I named The Lady Amalthea.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Audre, it's at least interesting to keep in mind while reading/watching this story that it is chaulk full of symbolism.  There's a heapton of interpretations of the symbols out there; everything from the moth that is her friend to the color of the bull that is her enemy (or why it's even a bull/male.)
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Oh geez, it sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • My dad got it for me on DVD quite a few years ago b/c I was SO in love w/ the movie as a kid. Still a favorite to this day <3 Need to find the book!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PrettyGirlLostPrettyGirlLost A Land Filled with Unicorns and Cat Hair member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    Yay, so many fans :-)

BTW, if you loved TLU did you also enjoy Legend?

http://trueslant.com/mikeharvkey/files/2009/04/legend.jpg

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards