July 2014 Weddings

Cocktail hour help

Hello Everyone!

Please share your thoughts... I'm having a Friday evening wedding and I'm thinking about having cocktail hour before the ceremony...6:00 pm cocktail hour, 7:00 ceremony, reception/dinner to follow... Just thinking about my fiance's co workers this would hopefully allow them to make it to the ceremony, also our guest can mingle a little before the ceremony. My main concern is keeping my guest entertained while we take pictures... Any feedback is appreciated :). And congrats to you all!!

Re: Cocktail hour help

• That sounds like a good idea, as long as you don't mind people drinking before the ceremony.  I don't have an issue with it, but some people do.  Good luck!
  • I'm with aliciam714 - I wouldn't have a problem with this either, but there are always going to be people who say it's bad etiquette or too much of a risk. But the beauty of weddings these days is that you can pretty much do whatever you want to make it "yours." I say go or it. :)
  • I do not see an issue with it either. Have you thought about serving small appetizers before the dinner while pictures are being taken? That may help keep guest entertained.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards