Wedding Reception Forum

Story Table Numbers

I'm interested in having all of my table numbers be random numbers that mean something to us.... The # weeks we were engaged, the year we met, the # of Championships Philadelphia sports teams have won, etc.... I want to be as creative as I can, so if you have any unique ideas for me to include let me know!

Re: Story Table Numbers

• The fun little idea that I had was to replace the "numbers" with just stories or places that were significant and on each table have a photo of you and your fiance with a snippet of a memory. 
    for example:  Table "CitiField" and have a photo of the two of you at a ball game and then a small paragraph describing the memory "This was our first baseball game together. It started raining so [fiance's name] gave me his sweatshirt to wear. As soon as i put it on, i caught a foul ball and he was convinced it was because of the lucky sweatshirt". Something like that.

But i think that the idea of significant dates is also a really cool idea. You can have each of your birthdays, the day you met, your first date, the day you got engaged, the day you moved in together and stuff like that also.

Just brainstorming.
  • I'm doing this too!!! Looking forward to hearing ideas from people on here!  Below are ideas I've come up with so far..

ages we were when we met
    Day we met
    day we got engaged
    date of my bday
    date of his bday
    date of the wedding
    number of weeks we have been engaged
    years our parents have been married (for their tables)
    week we were dating before i surprised him with our dog (long story on that lol)
    Date that FI called my parents to ask for their permission to marry me

Some of them aren't great but I keep a note in my iphone and just jot ideas down when they come to me.  Looking forwad to hearing more and please share more of your own!

Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_story-table-numbers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:74e3c392-1618-4dc1-81d7-983e6c81460bPost:9a9358fe-1a04-4168-8de3-b14cbebc438a">Re: Story Table Numbers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing this too!!! Looking forward to hearing ideas from people on here!  Below are ideas I've come up with so far.. ages we were when we met Day we met day we got engaged date of my bday date of his bday date of the wedding number of weeks we have been engaged years our parents have been married (for their tables) week we were dating before i surprised him with our dog (long story on that lol) Date that FI called my parents to ask for their permission to marry me Some of them aren't great but I keep a note in my iphone and just jot ideas down when they come to me.  Looking forwad to hearing more and please share more of your own! Thanks!!
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your ideas --- I have some of yours but stole some as well! Here are some others I have....

# of weddings we've gone together to (a ton), our favorite movie in the Rocky series (#4), miles traveling for our honeymoon, days of the year we'd rather spend on a boat than anywhere else (365), place in our hearts always reserved for our families (#1), cost of our favorite drink at our favorite bar...

Let me know if you have any more good ones for me! Thanks again
  • cute idea!  how about

# of miles your farthest guest traveled to your wedding
    # times you've been to [enter place you frequent:  fav restaurant, fav vacation spot, etc.]
    # times you've seen [a particular movie, someone in concert]
    # beers on tap at your favorite bar or microbrewery (if applicable)

I'd try to think of specific memories of you and your FI and tie a number to them, even if the number itself is not significant.  For example, the altitude of the ski resort where you and the FI went skiing (and then have a picture of your ski trip).  Or the number of degrees it was outside when you two went camping (and again, have a picture of the camping trip).  

Have fun!

• I need some ideas for table cards, I would really like to use the story type ideas. I really love those. HELP !!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards