Pre-wedding Parties

Seeking Advice on Bridal Shower Timing

I am hosting a bridal shower for my sister in a couple of months and expect there will be about 25-30 people in attendance.  I am wondering what others' experiences have been as far as the amount of time it will take to open gifts.  I am hoping to keep the entire party to ~2.5 hours, but I'm wondering if I should extend the timeframe to allow more time for mingling and game playing as well.  I don't want it to feel too rushed.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Seeking Advice on Bridal Shower Timing

• 2.5 hours is a decent amount of time for 25-30 people. I hosted my sister's bridal shower for 20 people. I budgeted $200 for food and drinks. I ordered platters of bread, cold cuts and cheese, and condiments from Togo's. I made a veggie and fruit platter and purchased mini cupcakes along with a case of water and freshly made strawberry lemonade (bride's favorite) from the grocery store. 

I made sure everyone was fed first, played 2 games that didn't require the guests to do a lot of moving so they could relax and then did presents. I precut a corner of the ribbons so it would be easier for my sister to open the presents. I kept a garbage bag next to me to quickly put away the wrapping paper and used one of the gift bags to keep the cards from the guests organized. As my sister opened the gifts I wrote down what the gift was and who it was from for my sister's record of thank-you cards for later.

After presents were done I served refills and the cupcakes while cleaning up along the way.
    Overall from setting up to finishing clean-up, it took about 3.5 hours which worked out well. You may want to allott for a little more time but make sure not to fill the time with endless games. It's perfectly fine for guests to eat and mingle. 
  • Do no more than 2 games and you should be fine.  Start immediately with food and drinks, do the games, then gifts, then cake.  Ta da!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards