California-Los Angeles

In search of an affordable vintage-style outdoor wedding venue in Southern California

Hello all! I have been searching consistently since my engagement on New Year's Day for an affordable outdoor wedding venue that will fit with our vintage-style wedding!!  Our total budget for the wedding is $10k, so we've calculated that the max cost we can afford for venue rental is really only about $3500.  I have spent hour upon hour looking through forums and local city suggestions, but I can't seem to find many things that fit the budget! We're based in LA, but willing to travel as far south as San Diego and as far north as Santa Barbara.  I'd prefer something a bit secluded and rustic to fit the vintage theme, but at this point, we'll consider anything and everything!!! Any suggestions are welcome!

Re: In search of an affordable vintage-style outdoor wedding venue in Southern California

• Wheels987Wheels987 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    Restoration Oaks Ranch--that's where I'm getting married and I know they have a pretty inexpensive day use fee.

ETA: Just looked it up--their day use fee is $3,000 (10 hours). Gorgeous site up near the Solvang area. Depending on how many people you have, you might be able to do the weekend up there for under $10,000. Our budget is close to $15,000 for 150 people but we're hosting both the Welcome Dinner, a wine tour, and the wedding.

Not going to lie. Seeing $15,000 written out makes me dizzy!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to In search of an affordable vintage-style outdoor wedding venue in Southern California:
    [QUOTE]Hello all! I have been searching consistently since my engagement on New Year's Day for an affordable outdoor wedding venue that will fit with our vintage-style wedding!!  Our total budget for the wedding is $10k, so we've calculated that the max cost we can afford for venue rental is really only about $3500.  I have spent hour upon hour looking through forums and local city suggestions, but I can't seem to find many things that fit the budget! We're based in LA, but willing to travel as far south as San Diego and as far north as Santa Barbara.  I'd prefer something a bit secluded and rustic to fit the vintage theme, but at this point, we'll consider anything and everything!!! Any suggestions are welcome!
    Posted by Laura&Jon[/QUOTE]

I am looking at the Japanese Gardens at Balboa Park in Encino. It is 750.00 for three hours. 
  • Crafted at the Port of LA www.craftedportla.com. We had our wedding there in March and it was perfect. Not really an outdoor spot, but they have tons of windows for natural light and there are windows at the very top that they can open up for a breeze. The warehouse was built in 1945 for the war and is still in tact. It's a large open space with plenty of room for creative decorations.
  • Check out the grapevine in San Gabriel. My budget is also 10k ;-)
  • edited June 2013
    In response to Restoration Oaks: Are you using the barn?
  • @daniiellerenee

No, we're using their outdoor area but I know a bride used their barn last month and it supposedly turned out great (according to my hair/mu artist). They're super responsive to requests and inquiries--we've loved working with them so far! Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • @wheels987

I emailed them this morning. The place looks amazing, however, I wasn't able to find a lot of photos of wedding hosted there. Is this a newer venue?

• daniiellerenee

They've only had a few weddings there so far but I know they just brought on a wedding coordinator (they're getting a lot of interest). I've only seen pictures of 2 weddings and that's because I called one of the girls (she sent her pics to me) and the other pictures JUST went up this week (my hair stylist told me about it).

• I shot a wedding this year at Paramount Ranch in the Santa Monica Hills - it was great for that vintage look with a few options for the outside reception area as well as ceremony and the surrounding park was superb for photography. 

Just google it and you'll find lots of other pics and information. 

No idea on the affordability or otherwise unfortunately. 
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Check out the George Key Ranch House in Placentia, it's a state park, so the fee is affordable. It's very cute with a red barn, heritage oak and a house from the 1840s. Oak Canyon in Anaheim is also a very nice reception venue that when paired with the Orange County Mining Co for a reception would be quite rustic. 

I would advise against the Paramount Ranch, this part of LA is just so hard to get to for most people.  
  • I'm not sure if you are still looking for a place, but Hurst Ranch in West Covina is a lovely place that has that vintage theme. The link below shows some pictures and their rates.

http://www.bashfulbutler.com/hurstranch.php#!hurst-ranch/c7o2

• My friend had a beautiful vintage wedding at the South Cost Botanical Gardens last year http://southcoastbotanicgarden.org/ I believe the space is state-owned so it's free to use.
  • Check out the Vintage Rose in Orange. 

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/the-vintage-rose-orange/8de25f66257373b6.html

I haven't been there, but it looks amazing!! 
  • PolinahPolinah member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2014
    The LA arboretum in Arcadia (man I'm starting to feel like they should pay me I talk about them so much...) has a victorian styled house and horse stable. They let you get married anywhere on the property but each garden/ area has its own capacity #. They're government owned so getting a hold of anyone is a little difficult and you have to be persistent, but for the same reason they can't price gouge. Also the earliest weddings can start is 5pm when the gardens close to the public.

http://www.arboretum.org/index.php/visit/wedding/

Here's a random photo i found online of the house. I've never been inside (infact I forget if they let you)

Also they let you use different gardens for your ceremony and reception. (I'm getting married at the arboretum in May but I'm doing the rose garden and sunset garden.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards