North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Help with wording in the invitation insert!

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to word our invitations and inserts etc but I just wanted a little advice if anyone out there also has done something similar. We are getting married on the beach in Duck at 4pm and our reception will be at The Currituck Club after the wedding! There is no parking at the beach and no public beach access. We are having our guests  park at The Currituck Club and providing transportation to the beach for our ceremony then back to the Club for the reception! 

Right now I have no idea how many people will show up because it is a far distance for many of our guests. We have set things up with the Reverand for a 4pm wedding! Does anyone have any suggestions about what to write in the insert card so people will arrive early enough to get the transportation to the ceremony site! I also know the traffic can be really bad on the weekends in OBX so I will also need to word it so that guests unfamiliar with the area will plan in advance! 
I set up a wedding website with lots of information when I sent out the save the dates in October but only about 20 people at the most have looked at it, we are inviting roughly 100 guests and 90% are not familiar with OBX at all!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Re: Help with wording in the invitation insert!

• Options
    ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    We had very few people look at our website, which actually disappointed me because I spent so much time putting together. I would probably set up departure times for the shuttle, I assume you will need multiple trips, and list those on the insert. I'm sure if people are confused they will reach out to you or your family. Sometimes it's easier to provide less details and explain in person, then more details and more confusion.

My husband's brother recently got married in Philadelphia, and they listed on their website that a shuttle would be provided from the reception to the ceremony site, and then back for reception. Well, we found out a week before, that the shuttle only sat 20, and would only go once to the ceremony site, so we ended up taking a taxi.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you KSJ, I appreciate your advice! My FI also emailed me a suggestion! 

I also wrote a post on the "invites" board and I now realize I will not post to any other boards besides the OBX board. One of the replies was a bride criticizing my use of exclamation marks saying it made the post difficult to read! I know I use a lot of exclamation marks when I write but I don't think it makes a post too difficult to read. Anyway, it hurt my feelings as to why people who don't even know other brides are so catty! I've read some other posts on different boards and it does amaze me as to how rude and mean some people are to the brides posting questions! I thought the message boards were here for brides to exhange ideas and get suggestions but it is sad to see other people being so critical of brides who just want a little help!

• Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you! I personally like exlamation points, it's hard to read excitement over text. It's sad that some of the people on these boards are so critical of people and their ideas. I can understand your logistical concerns, and making sure things go smoothly. You want to make sure your guests are well taken care of!

Just stick with us :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

There is a long history with TK and the use of exclamation points apparently.  I was side-eyed for it when I first started posting too.  You post however you'd like too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Also, there are a lot of AE's today (alter-ego's) as it is April Fools and all, so don't take it to heart how critical people can be, as they are trying to get a rise out of everyone apparently. 

• Options
    I *ONLY* post on this board too - the guys and girls are much nicer here than elsewhere.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words ladies! It is funny how planning a wedding has made me extra sensitive but I think part of that is also because I'm missing my Fiancé too! He's been gone a month and we only have 3 more to go!

I've received a lot of great advice from this board and it has made planning an OBX wedding so much easier and enjoyable! Thank you to everyone for all your advice over the last few months. I'm sure I will have more questions arise as it gets closer to our wedding day! I look forward to reading all the other posts until then. :-)
  • Options
    OMG! I just lol at the exclamation points. Char is right, long history about them. Use the exclamation points, we love them on this board. I agree with the above statements, make sure you post on the invite that a shuttle will be provided and what time it will leave. The last wedding I went to that used one made us RSVP for the shuttle as well so they could get a head count of how many would use it. I thought that was a good idea as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_help-with-wording-in-the-invitation-insert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:ed0e7d44-b9ea-4496-aecb-13697cafca92Post:d62b68d2-3470-4c83-9aa2-e7d74f257fd2">Help with wording in the invitation insert!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to word our invitations and inserts etc but I just wanted a little advice if anyone out there also has done something similar. We are getting married on the beach in Duck at 4pm and our reception will be at The Currituck Club after the wedding! There is no parking at the beach and no public beach access. We are having our guests  park at The Currituck Club and providing transportation to the beach for our ceremony then back to the Club for the reception!  Right now I have no idea how many people will show up because it is a far distance for many of our guests. We have set things up with the Reverand for a 4pm wedding! Does anyone have any suggestions about what to write in the insert card so people will arrive early enough to get the transportation to the ceremony site! I also know the traffic can be really bad on the weekends in OBX so I will also need to word it so that guests unfamiliar with the area will plan in advance!  I set up a wedding website with lots of information when I sent out the save the dates in October but only about 20 people at the most have looked at it, we are inviting roughly 100 guests and 90% are not familiar with OBX at all! Thank you in advance for any advice!
    Posted by ACJD714[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi there,</div><div>am struggling with a similar issu e-though you are ahead of us - did you find a public beach in Duck? I was told there aren't any ... we are doing our reception at the Sanderling (dinner only, so we can't get married there) ... but myt officiant said we have to get married in Corolla!</div><div>
    </div><div>As for your insert ... I would go with something like:</div><div>
    </div><div>"shuttle to the private beach departs promptly at 3:00pm"  ... that should let me know that it's private, so you can't park? </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_help-with-wording-in-the-invitation-insert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:ed0e7d44-b9ea-4496-aecb-13697cafca92Post:d62b68d2-3470-4c83-9aa2-e7d74f257fd2">Help with wording in the invitation insert!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to word our invitations and inserts etc but I just wanted a little advice if anyone out there also has done something similar. We are getting married on the beach in Duck at 4pm and our reception will be at The Currituck Club after the wedding! There is no parking at the beach and no public beach access. We are having our guests  park at The Currituck Club and providing transportation to the beach for our ceremony then back to the Club for the reception!  Right now I have no idea how many people will show up because it is a far distance for many of our guests. We have set things up with the Reverand for a 4pm wedding! Does anyone have any suggestions about what to write in the insert card so people will arrive early enough to get the transportation to the ceremony site! I also know the traffic can be really bad on the weekends in OBX so I will also need to word it so that guests unfamiliar with the area will plan in advance!  I set up a wedding website with lots of information when I sent out the save the dates in October but only about 20 people at the most have looked at it, we are inviting roughly 100 guests and 90% are not familiar with OBX at all! Thank you in advance for any advice!
    Posted by ACJD714[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi there,</div><div>am struggling with a similar issu e-though you are ahead of us - did you find a public beach in Duck? I was told there aren't any ... we are doing our reception at the Sanderling (dinner only, so we can't get married there) ... but myt officiant said we have to get married in Corolla!</div><div>
    </div><div>As for your insert ... I would go with something like:</div><div>
    </div><div>"shuttle to the private beach departs promptly at 3:00pm"  ... that should let me know that it's private, so you can't park? </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    since were talking about invites; for your save the dates, how far in advance did  you send them? I am getting married may 17, 2014 and was planning to send them out end of May this year for people to have plenty of time to get house rentals, thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards