Rhode Island

Reception venue

I am a CA bride having my wedding and reception in RI and could use some help. I'm from RI so I'm pretty familiar with the area but what I'm not familiar with is the venues. I'm used to receptions being all inclusive, no site fees, but I am finding that practically everywhere in RI has a site fee that does not include food, tables etc. Does anyone know of any places, preferably in the Newport area (or old historic homes) that is not an arm and a leg to host a reception at? I'm looking at about 120-130 guests. Outside of the Newport area is fine also.

Thanks a bunch ladies!

Re: Reception venue

• If you want a venue in the Newport area that is inclusive and still relatively affordable, you are better off looking at a restaurant venue like the Atlantic Beach Club or the Regatta Place. The Chanler at Cliff Walks is a beautiful historical venue that might work for you. Most historical venues in the area do not include catering or site rentals. Newport is expensive even by California standards - I know, I used to live in Long Beach so you can expect the cost to be much higher than the rest of R.I
  • Ok whew...so you know exactly what I am talking about. The Regatta is expensive also...so I guess I need to start looking into venues that are not in Newport. I'm not a fan of having it at a restaraunt at all. Any other suggestions maybe out of the area of Newport but not too far for guests to drive to? Wedding will be in Newport.

Thanks for your help!
  • Hello! I'm having my wedding at Quidnessett Country Club in North Kingstown. It's absolutely beautiful with gorgeous grounds and views, and does not have a site fee. The only thing they do have is a food/beverage minimum. I would definitely look into it if I were you :)
  • In Response to Re: Reception venue:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm having my wedding at Quidnessett Country Club in North Kingstown. It's absolutely beautiful with gorgeous grounds and views, and does not have a site fee. The only thing they do have is a food/beverage minimum. I would definitely look into it if I were you :)
    Posted by kathryncote[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I will check that place out!
  • In Response to Re: Reception venue:
    [QUOTE]I am holding my Newport wedding at Easton Beach Rotunda.  It is a nice large room that you can decorate however you want.  It holds up to 175.  It includes tables and chairs but not food.  I am using Emery's catering which provides linens and dinnerware with food and they are reasonably priced.  The rotunda has different prices for off season and non saturday nights.  Saturday nights are most expensive at $4,000 during the summer.  Check out pictures online, it is a cool space!
    Posted by Hmgavin[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards