Ohio-Cleveland

Catering+Bartending

My fiancé and I are getting married next May at the Vermilion-on-the-Lake Clubhouse (lovely rustic venue with BYO catering) and could use some catering recommendations.  We're both food lovers, so quality is important to us.  We initially considered bbq as my fiancé's stationed in Texas and bbq's become a love of ours, but we're having trouble finding a place that does solid bbq/home cooking food, linens, china, glassware, and bartending.  Any catering recommendations that cover food+linens+bartending at a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Catering+Bartending

• By club house do you mean the Historic Community Center?  If so, my wedding is going to be there in June.  I am using Grid Irne Grill for catering http://gridirne.com/.  I am just using paper products, so I am not sure if they provide actual china.  So far they have been awesome to work with!  For bartending I am using Premium Pour.  Also very great to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Catering+Bartending:

My daughter who also responded is getting married there this June.  There is a little Beverage Store across the street from the Venue.  Aunt Ruth's Little Store-Bryan the Owner is very good to work with.  He will order beer, wine, soft drinks, etc. at a very good price, keep them cold for you and deliver them 2 hours before the event.  He also does bartending on the side.  We didn't know this and had already booked Premier Pour, who so far has been wonderful in providing quantities and answering questions.  Let us know if you have any other questions.  Since you still have a year, we can let you know how things go with everyone.  Best wishes. 

[QUOTE]My fiancé and I are getting married next May at the Vermilion-on-the-Lake Clubhouse (lovely rustic venue with BYO catering) and could use some catering recommendations.  We're both food lovers, so quality is important to us.  We initially considered bbq as my fiancé's stationed in Texas and bbq's become a love of ours, but we're having trouble finding a place that does solid bbq/home cooking food, linens, china, glassware, and bartending.  Any catering recommendations that cover food+linens+bartending at a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
    Posted by KodakM[/QUOTE]
  • I checked out Old Carolina Barbeque Company.  They bring a grill truck and cook most everything on site.  They were reasonable on price and tasted great.  We just decided to go a different directions.

Nicole
  • I'm getting married there the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. We decided to go with Sterk's Catering and ordered the package that includes linens, china, table service, etc. It's about $20/person and the food tasted delicious during the testing. We're buying all of the alcohol ourselves and have enlisted a local bartender from Fairview Park for the evening.
  • Our daughters wedding there in June turned out fantastic.  We had Gridirne do the catering and everyone raved about the food.  Very easy to work with also, they will do pretty much whatever you want.  We used Premire Pour for the bartending and they were wonderful.  They were so friendly and fun.  I would hire them again in a heartbeat!  We used Midnight Music for our DJ out of Medina. Kevin kept the dance floor full all night.  He was not a showy type DJ, he just played great music all evening.  He also did the music for our ceremony outside and it was all included in his price.  We used Sweets by Maggie out of Amherst for our cupcakes and small cutting cake.  They delivered and set up.  Everything looked and tasted great.  We had so many flavors to choose from.  If you need any additional help or have questions, please feel free to contact me via email at vidalia917@cox.net.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards