Students

First day back to School... *phew*

First day of school was today.. Got my homework schedule.

I have to do a Family Tree, due in 1 week, up to my Great Grandparents. I have 16 cousins, and 6 brothers and sisters. Good Lord.. I can't find a layout that works..

And, I have to do 30 hours of Observation in a Daycare / Elementary School setting, and a day in a County / City provided servce (I.E. CPS), ontop of acting as Manager at work, without the pay..

I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

What is everyone's Major's, and for those who started back today, what did you think?

Re: First day back to School... *phew*

• I start in a week... and I am in full out panic. I am getting my Masters in Clinical Counseling. To make matters worse my student loans haven't come in yet and I really need to buy books! I was hoping to at least have a venue done before going back to school, and it seems like this board is the only group that understands planning a wedding and school are overwhelming.

FAMILY TREE - Ahhh! I had to do one this summer, and honestly I thought doing my own shapes and lines in word was a lot easier than using something already mapped out.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_first-day-back-school-phew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:b7692877-9794-479f-ae62-56c626cd5334Post:8066e52f-3eea-498b-a6cc-dceeaf0b4f9d">Re: First day back to School... *phew*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I start in a week... and I am in full out panic. I am getting my Masters in Clinical Counseling. To make matters worse my student loans haven't come in yet and I really need to buy books! I was hoping to at least have a venue done before going back to school, and <strong>it seems like this board is the only group that understands planning a wedding and school are overwhelming</strong>.
    FAMILY TREE - Ahhh! I had to do one this summer, and honestly I thought doing my own shapes and lines in word was a lot easier than using something already mapped out.
    Posted by Alliance214[/QUOTE]

Definitely to this board!

And with the family tree thing, I'm thinking of doing it in Excel, and then drawing my own lines after I print it out.. I just can't fit everyone on the one sheet.. Ergh.
  • I start in 2 weeks from Wednesday (the school begins Monday the 30th, but I only have class Wednesdays and Thursdays) and I'm getting nervous and ansty.  I'm getting my Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy, so I assume at some point I will have to do a family tree myself.  However, my family is a little messed up and I have no idea about a lot of things lol...think I can just leave it to FI's family? lol
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Family tree, huh? Don't you love grade school caliber assignments in college? I always had similiar problems with getting my enormous family to fit on a sheet of paper. I usually left a few off, because like, who's going to know?

I don't start until Sept 7th. But I'm sort of a nervous wreck because like alliance, my loans haven't come yet in either, and won't until mid-Sept. Even though they told me it would be the end of August. So I don't have my books, and I've gotta find a way to feed myself for 2 weeks. And then I've got the big move halfway across the country the week before, giving me a few days to figure out the transportation system before classes begin. I'll just be relieved when classes start and everything is normal again.

• OMG student loans are so frustrating... I am right there with you steph. Pretty sure my FI and I will soon be eating canned beans...

I don't understand why people don't realize that school and work is hard enough. I can't be visiting venues and picking out flowers without slacking off on something else. But for some reason my own mother, and my MiL are both convinced I need to slow down. Well... it is going to slow down to a dead stop when I start school.

:-) Yay school.
  • I start Monday in my Occupational Therapy Master's program. In the same student loan boat. Really they should make this much easier especially if you have to be a full-time grad student and because of the crazy hours, cannot work full-time unless you work overnight. So yeah I'm looking for a night job after I pay my 5k tuition with my student loan I'm left with 3k to live off of and that will help me for maybe 2 months!!!! Wedding planning? who has time for that as of Monday it's going on the back burner and when I can I will work on things I will do it! Luckily we do have reception and ceremony venues book and I have my dress.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • I start student teaching on the 23rd and know that I will have NO TIME for wedding planning.  We at least got some big things out of the way and hopefully everything else can wait until December. Good luck everyone!
  • edited August 2010
    I started this past Thursday. My last semester before my BS in Criminology!! Then onto grad school... I'm taking some pretty interesting classes. Deviance & Alternative Behavior, Abnormal Psychology (which I've taken already but it only transferred as an elective, gotta love it), Psychological Services... finishing up my minor in Psychology. So ready to start something new. :)

I had to do a geneology project in a Human Growth & Development class last year. And I'm SO glad I did. It really showed me where I came from. Plus I got to have some really deep conversations with my grandparents that may not ever happen again. One of my grandmothers has MS and COPD and is going downhill fast; she doesn't remember much anymore. She told me things about my family that I never would have found out, because it was never written anywhere. And I have it on paper now! I'm related to Daniel Boone. My ancestors were friends of slaves, not slavedrivers. I'm proud of all the things that I would have never known!! Plus it brought them back memories that made them smile. Overall one of the best projects I've ever done. Laughing
  • I am an elementary education major.  School starts Aug. 23.  I'm excited because I've been on a break from school for a while (4 years), and I'm ready to get back!  I'm sure that will change in about two weeks though!
  • I'm a professional writing major with minors in music and law.

I move into my dorm friday and start classes monday!
  • School starts next week for me, and I'm NOT looking forward to  the homework!

But a family tree? I think that'd be kinda fun! I have a huge family too. I'd probably go second grade and make an entire poster :) Or you could break it down to separate pages... like start off with immediate family on one page, then do dad's side on one page, and mom's on another??? 

Photobucket
  • ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_first-day-back-school-phew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:b7692877-9794-479f-ae62-56c626cd5334Post:e4999d31-8179-4622-b595-9cf9b09ee493">Re: First day back to School... *phew*</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG student loans are so frustrating... I am right there with you steph. Pretty sure my FI and I will soon be eating canned beans... I don't understand why people don't realize that school and work is hard enough. I can't be visiting venues and picking out flowers without slacking off on something else. But for some reason my own mother, and my MiL are both convinced I need to slow down. Well... it is going to slow down to a dead stop when I start school. :-) Yay school.
    Posted by Alliance214[/QUOTE]

This is me. My IL's were like "Why are you rushing everything??"

Me: "Well, let's see. I live 4 hours away from where we're getting married. FI lives 4 hours away too, and 1.5 hours away from me. So somehow between my last semester of school, his freaky work schedule and the availability of these vendors, I'm supposed to drive down there on a weekend that magically works for both of us, run to appointments and most likely jet back the very next morning to do homework, practice clarinet (music major), go to work and the like? And I'm also supposed to pay for $60 in gas while I'm at it???"

No thanks.

I start in 2 weeks. I'm trying not to think about it too much. It's going to be a lax semester compared to the others but it has its own stressors.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards