Snarky Brides

You know you're an adult when....

I'm getting a new washer/dryer delivered this morning and I'm really excited!

I've been without a washing machine for almost 2 weeks so that may be part of it. But its also a pretty front loading set that will look nice in my laundry room, which makes me happy! Oh so silly...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: You know you're an adult when....

• Lol grats! I must be an adult too,because I'm curious what kind you got!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• It's an LG set, since they make the direct drive model that's less likely to break down. I did a ton of research before buying them. They're just plain white, I didn't want to wait for a special order to come in. I'm working for the morning and then I'm going to do laundry ALL afternoon, which makes me excited!

• Too funny! I love the front loading kind, I'm sure you will love them!

I understand your excitement. I finally convinced FI to get a water softener...my hair desperately needs it! Wahoo!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fi and I spent almost an hour at BBB yesterday choosing and purchasing a quality vaccuum.... we felt very grown up lol - enjoy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was excited when I got a washer and dryer, too. Enjoy!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Jealous of your new W/D!!!  I drool over them everytime we go in to Home Depot or Lowe's.  Ours work, but I HATE them!!

But then, I lust after a nice, new fridge too. 

Who knew being "all grow'd up" would mean being excited about such things?  :)
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I hated the days when I didn't have a washer/dryer in my place.  That is actually the most annoying part of living in a hotel now.  I would be really excited too.

• Ooo, I like LG.  I think that's the kind my parents got the last time they bought a set.  Of course, theirs were red (makes them go faster, dontchaknow).
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Awesome enjoy them! We had our whirlpool duets delivered 2 weeks ago and I'm in heaven, I love my delayed start. I can set it before work to start before I get home.
  • In Response to Re: You know you're an adult when....:
    [QUOTE]Awesome enjoy them! We had our whirlpool duets delivered 2 weeks ago and I'm in heaven, I love my delayed start. I can set it before work to start before I get home.
    Posted by JillianNJohn[/QUOTE]

What an awesome feature! 
  • Oh.mai.GAWD. 

I now NEED a delay start Washer!

Actually, what I need is a machine that both washes AND dries as one unit so I could stop worrying about forgetting I have a load in the washer and leaving it in for to long.  Embarassed
  • In Response to Re: You know you're an adult when....:
    [QUOTE]Oh.mai.GAWD.  I now NEED a delay start Washer! Actually, what I need is a machine that both washes AND dries as one unit so I could stop worrying about forgetting I have a load in the washer and leaving it in for to long. 
    Posted by shaylagirl[/QUOTE]

Those units are very popular in Europe! My new set plays me a song when it's done!

• Delay is the best option EVER, its in the 90s here already. (was 101 last weekend). My laundry room is upstairs on the back of the house where the sun shines so it gets HOT in there even with the darkening curtain i put up in there. The idea of a washer full of clothes all day in the hot room... OMG gag!!! I load it and set it t 630am to start at 430pm. LOVE IT!!! The entire house has noticed I get more done now too. Used to only do laundry on weekends. Now I can do a load a night EASY. Tonight even better feature was discovered... Or finally noticed. Tossed FIs new work pants in the dryer and turned the dryer on for 45 minutes. 20 min later my 8 yr old tells me my dryers beeping. I told him see why. IT TURNED OFF. It sensed the clothes were dry and shut off to save energy. It has a damp dry sensor. My MOHs dad owns the busiest appliance repair company in our area and he said he gets the least amt of calls on this brand and that was the deciding factor for us.
  • We have a washer and dryer here, but our dryer is on it's way out. Hopefully fi and I can get a whole new set within the next year.

I started working in the housewares department recently, and everytime I go to work, I sometimes look at the stuff I'm selling and think to myself "Hmm fi and I could really use this sometime, I'll put it on the list of stuff to buy when we win the lottery " lol
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards