Christian Weddings
Options

a newbie introduction :)

Hi, I'm so excited to have found this board! I've already posted a question and got some great help and support, so thanks. Here's a little about me for those of you who are interested.

My name is Rachel and I will be turning 25 next month. My FI's name is Nick and he will be turning 23 about a week before our wedding. We live in the lower mainland of BC, Canada and attend a Grace Brethren Church together. I serve teaching K-6 sunday school (we have a very small church, I think we're at about 100 or so people) and my FI is on the set-up/take-down team. We meet in a movie theatre, which is fun but can be challenging at time :)

My FI and I have known each other since high school, we first were introduced when I was gr 11 and he was gr 9, and got to know each other a year later by going on the same band trip to Disneyland and having mutual friends. We've been together almost 7 years. We started dating about a week after my birthday, so I think it's neat that we're getting married about a week after his :) We got engaged at the end of January, and it's great to be FINALLY planning our wedding!

My biggest hobby is reading, I think if I could live in a library I would. A huge blessing in my life right now is the fact that my community has such a great library, it is saving me so much $ by not having to go out and buy books. Other than reading I am a big couch potato. I also enjoy going to my nephews ball games. 

I work in a daycare with children ages 3-5 and just love it, although after the wedding I can't wait to have my own, hopefully a houseful of them, but not all at once!  I also love animals and would love to have either a cat or a dog. My niece is very allergic to cats though, so I probably won't ever get one (unless I move far enough away that it's the distance that keeps them from visiting and not the animal)

Well I think that's enough about me, if you want to know anything else just ask :) And I would love to hear about you too, I'll try and go reading back to find other peoples intros :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

Re: a newbie introduction :)

• Options
    Welcome to the board, flutterfly!! :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the board, Rachel!  I'm Emily (26) and I've been married to Fletcher for {almost} two years (how did that happen??)!!  Our son, Ezra, was born on October 25th.  We met during our undergrad at Liberty University (Jerry Falwell's school) in Virginia in Fall 2008.

We're passionate about mentoring young couples, teaching teens and young adults about purity, and Natural Family Planning.

After my husband graduated in Dec 2010, he started a youth pastor position out in Kansas while I was student teaching my last semester.  Being apart those last four months sucked, but we got through it and LOVE marriage.  He resigned his position about 6 weeks ago and we have moved back to Viriginia for him to start seminary in the fall.  We're living with his sister, BIL, and their girls while we're figuing everything out.  I'm a SAHM and he's looking for a job right now.  It's stressful, but we know God will work it out.
  • Options
    Welcome!

What kind of books do you like to read?  What are you reading now?  I'm also an avid reader :)  
    My H and I have been married almost one year next month!  We are both students right now but graduate next year.  Whoot!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Welcome! I am another huge reader. Want to share any details about your wedding day?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Emily: I love your sons name! It's great that you have family to support you. Just keep trusting God through the stressful plans for He has awesome plans for you :)

I have a very eclectic taste in books. My favourite genre is romance, but I also like westerns and historic fiction. Right now I'm reading "The Last Confederate" by Gilbert Morris. He is a favourite of mine. My other favourites are Debbie Macomber and Janette Oke (I'm trying to collect all of their books, thankfully my FI is okay with this collection or I would be very sad). Ash and Ravenray what are you're favourites?

We're going with a winter theme and our colours are light blue, dark blue and silver. We're getting married in a small historic chapel. My FI mom's grave is in the graveyard next to the church, so we're going to put a wreath in our wedding colours at her grave. I know she's not really there, but we feel it's a nice way to honour her memory. We're also making our own wedding cake. I took a cake decorating class a coupe of years ago when my FI was away travelling for a few months with his brother, and we both love to bake, so it just seems natural to make it :)

• Options
    In Response to Re: a newbie introduction :):
    [QUOTE] We're going with a winter theme and our colours are light blue, dark blue and silver. We're getting married in a small historic chapel. My FI mom's grave is in the graveyard next to the church, so we're going to put a wreath in our wedding colours at her grave. I know she's not really there, but we feel it's a nice way to honour her memory. We're also making our own wedding cake. I took a cake decorating class a coupe of years ago when my FI was away travelling for a few months with his brother, and we both love to bake, so it just seems natural to make it :)
    Posted by flutterfly88[/QUOTE]
    I love this idea, so unique and special
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Are you from England? 

I also love historical fiction!  Mostly I read classics, fantasy and mysteries.  Right now I'm on a new fantasy series.  

Can I recommend you a Christian romance written by my friend?  It's called "A Bride Open's Shop in El Dorado"  by Kelli Gwyn.   I loved it and I am not a huge fan of Christian romances but I thought this one was perfect.  :) 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    I am not from England, I've lived in the same city in BC my whole life :)

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it :)

• Options
    znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on planning the wedding! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards