Re: simple etiquette question...

• Options
    I just emailed mine.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Are you doing plated dinner?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I sent an invitation to our officiant because he and his wife were invited as guests to the reception. But I just asked my photog, DOC and DJ over the phone.
  • Options
    We didn't ask at all, we are just serving them the "vendor meal" that our venue offers at a lower price. I think that any hot meal will be appreciated.
  • Options

Send the invitation to the officiant, and if you don't get a response, call or e-mail his meal choice.  Ministers/officiants are typically treated more like guests than vendors.

The DJ is a vendor, so you can call or e-mail.

But you might ask your caterer (if you haven't already) if they have cheaper vendor meals, and if they are like the guest meals, or some other alternative.

• Options
    Totally agree with Dancin' - vendors get whatever standard vendor meal is offered by your venue.

If your officiant and spouse are sitting with your parents at Table 1 as regular guests, then the officiant and spouse get an invitation with an insert card for entree choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards