November 2013 Weddings
Options

Sash for my dress/ wedding color help

Hi everyone!! So I can't decide to go with a neutral color with crystals on the sash or get a sash in my wedding color (eggplant/aubergine).
How are you using your wedding color on the big day??? We are not having a traditional reception so I can't pick and choose the linens for our dinner.... so do I have a ribbon around the stems of my bouquet  in addition to some of the flowers? The shoes which no one will really see? I am in need of ideas!!!! Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sash for my dress/ wedding color help

• Options
    To incorporate our colors, the bridesmaid's bouquets will have the ribbon around it be our midnight navy color with coral (our other color) roses incorporated with ivory hydrangeas. I think using that color ribbon on your dress or the bouquet are great ideas to incorporate your colors into the wedding. I'm not a huge crystal or any type of bling fan so I would go with it without the crystals but if you love it then go for it. My shoes are another great option! One of my close friends used her wedding color in her shoes.
  • Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Well, my dress is pink, so that's how we're working that color in.  FI and the groomsmen are wearing blue vests/ties.  Bridesmaids are wearing white dresses with pink sashes that match my dress.  They're also carrying matching pink clutches instead of bouquets.  I say go for the colorful sash.  Sounds like it'll be quite pretty.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had originally wanted to go for a color sash, but I opted to go without it...

However, here are some of the ways I'll be using the "wedding colors" for the wedding party: 

I'll be wrapping my brooch bouquet in ribbon in one of my wedding colors (charcoal, purple, teal). 

Groom&Guys will wear charcoal tuxes with either purple or teal ties

I'm also getting the groom a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars in teal for the reception. 
    I'll have teal shoes

I'm making fabric flower bouquets for my girls/boutonniers for the guys, and those will be a mixture of ribbon, fabric, tulle, and felt in white, black, teal, purple, and charcoal. 
  • Options
    I really had my heart set on a colored sash. But when i found my dress it had a corset back so i didnt need it. But my girls are wearing truffle brown and my MOH is wearing wine. The groomsmen are wearing truffle brown and the best man will wear wine too. I will use wine in the cake color as well to try to tie it all in 
  • Options
    0Jilly00Jilly0 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I think I'm going with the sash! It's the easiest and I'm not having any bm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards