New Jersey - South

Venues .... Brigalias, Luciens Manor, Varsailles (cherry hill) .. etc

Helloooo!
I am having my wedding in march of 2015. I know its a tad far away, however i need to know pricing so i can save up since i have to pay for it all myself. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the pricing in the places i have listed above. They havent been answering the phone or emails. Im trying to have a fairly cheap wedding however i want it to be very beautiful and elegant. Can anyone help me??

Re: Venues .... Brigalias, Luciens Manor, Varsailles (cherry hill) .. etc

• I had my wedding at Brigalias.  We had the middle package and our pp including tax & gratuity was $94.  They also give you a lot for your money.  The price includes the cake, linens, centerpieces, table numbers, card box, and lots more.  They also have a budget package that is around $75 pp, I believe.

Also, their food is outstanding!  The cocktail hour was literally a room full or food!  My guests still rave to me and my H about how good the food was!  As we were making our table rounds so many people told me they were full already from eating at the cocktail hour.

The grounds around the facility are beautiful and make for many great photo back drops.  Also the inside of Brigalias is beautiful as well!

We had great customer service with them.  I even had the owner, Tina, personally call me back when I had a question about table numbers.

We did not look at Luciens, I had attended a wedding there where the food at cocktail hour was cold and soggy.  I have never heard of Varsailles.

• We had our wedding at Auletto's in Deptford (about 20 minutes from Cherry Hill). On the off chance you went to West (since you specified Cheryy Hill-) that's where the Junior Prom usually is.

We paid $102pp including for a Sunday evening buffet dinner including tax, tips, cake, flower centerpieces for every table (you pick them out at a local florist), ceremony space (covered, overlooking the lake), 5 hour open bar, cocktail hour with hors d'oevres, and a "bridal attendant" - basically a Day of Coordinator.

I tried to inquire about pricing at Luciens, since I had been to a few nice events there, but they flat out refused to even give me ballpark figures of the prices in less I met with them in person. I live 2 hours from Cherry Hill now (and I told them that), so there was no way I was making that trip to risk finding out I couldn't even afford to have my wedding there. Also, the lady kept calling me "sweetie" in my emails with her - just rubbed me the wrong way.

We also looked at the Camden County Boathouse, where Vitarelli's caters - that was about $95pp, and Marion House in Cherry Hill (where West has their Sophomore Cottillion) - they were about $75pp but included a lot less (no liquor or cake - but you can bring in your own booze).
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • allychaseallychase member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_venues-brigalias-luciens-manor-varsailles-cherry-hill-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:09321480-0003-4f29-805e-8263528de5ecPost:77f80382-88dd-4edd-9240-2f84c041a9ed">Re: Venues .... Brigalias, Luciens Manor, Varsailles (cherry hill) .. etc</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had our wedding at Auletto's in Deptford (about 20 minutes from Cherry Hill). On the off chance you went to West (since you specified Cheryy Hill-) that's where the Junior Prom usually is. We paid $102pp including for a Sunday evening buffet dinner including tax, tips, cake, flower centerpieces for every table (you pick them out at a local florist), ceremony space (covered, overlooking the lake), 5 hour open bar, cocktail hour with hors d'oevres, and a "bridal attendant" - basically a Day of Coordinator.   <strong>I tried to inquire about pricing at Luciens, since I had been to a few nice events there, but they flat out refused to even give me ballpark figures of the prices in less I met with them in person. I live 2 hours from Cherry Hill now (and I told them that), so there was no way I was making that trip to risk finding out I couldn't even afford to have my wedding there. Also, the lady kept calling me "sweetie" in my emails with her - just rubbed me the wrong way.</strong> We also looked at the Camden County Boathouse, where Vitarelli's caters - that was about $95pp, and Marion House in Cherry Hill (where West has their Sophomore Cottillion) - they were about $75pp but included a lot less (no liquor or cake - but you can bring in your own booze).
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is because they can work with your budget if you will meet with them. If you had gone and met with them you'd realize you could've gotten what I did, $75 pp for a 25 hors dourves, hibachi station, pasta station and cold cuts station cocktail hour, unlimited entrees for guests, a dessert bar with 40+ pastries and desserts, wedding cake, day of coordinator, valet parking, champagne toast and top shelf open bar. And that wasn't even for their smallest ballroom. </div><div>
    </div><div>The lady you spoke to was Dee who no longer works there. She said the same thing to me but she got us a hell of a deal, so I'm ok with her. 

</div>
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_venues-brigalias-luciens-manor-varsailles-cherry-hill-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:09321480-0003-4f29-805e-8263528de5ecPost:f17670eb-27fb-4fd2-9ae7-3e5e5556eebb">Re: Venues .... Brigalias, Luciens Manor, Varsailles (cherry hill) .. etc</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venues .... Brigalias, Luciens Manor, Varsailles (cherry hill) .. etc : This is because they can work with your budget if you will meet with them. If you had gone and met with them you'd realize you could've gotten what I did, $75 pp for a 25 hors dourves, hibachi station, pasta station and cold cuts station cocktail hour, unlimited entrees for guests, a dessert bar with 40+ pastries and desserts, wedding cake, day of coordinator, valet parking, champagne toast and top shelf open bar. And that wasn't even for their smallest ballroom.  The lady you spoke to was Dee who no longer works there. She said the same thing to me but she got us a hell of a deal, so I'm ok with her. 
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

That IS a great deal! Thanks for the info! I think alot of people are nervous to check out Luciens at first because it's so nice that it comes off as too expensive.

My friend is actually having her wedding at Lucien's the same night as you. Best of luck with everything!
  • I've checked out Brigalia's and Luciens...and was by far impressed with the level of customer service at Brigalias in comparison to Luciens.

The gentleman I met with at Luciens (Jacob?) was very business like.  Their pricing was good, but we could tell when we met with him that it was his business.

Whereas with Brigalias the coordinator we met with and the owner were very accomodating, answered a million questions, offered suggestions - and even suggested questions that I didn't think to ask!

We'll most likely be booking with Brigalia's for a January 2014 wedding.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kathy, you won't regret it!  We have nothing to say but great things about Brigalias! 
  • We just booked with Brigalias! The venue is beautiful, the outdoor ceremony space(S) are gorgeous, the food is delicious and the staff is awesome. OH and did I mention how affordable???

We booked the highest package (Platinum) for $115pp (including t&g) and definitely thought it was a bargain. Friday's they offer a Gold package (a little less cocktail hour foods and dessert foods) for $101pp (w/ t&g) and Sundays they offer a budget package at $75pp.

I recommend to any brides looking to definitely check this place out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards