Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

NWR: Dark spot corrector

I have a few dark spots from acne and a light, little line from waxing improperly on my upper lip. I'm lost in a sea of dark spot correctors claiming to be the best thing since sliced bread. Does anyone have any recommendations on skin lighteners or spot correctors?  TIA :)

Re: NWR: Dark spot corrector

• Cliniques is great and not super expensive. I use it and I love it. It dried out my skin so I had to put a moisturizer on after. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ordered Murad's a while ago and somehow googled the active ingredient and the web gave me some scary info. I haven't tried anything else, but just suggesting you do your research. 
  • I started using Dermalogica Chroma White TRX C-2 Concentrate. Kind of an investment? Yes. Does it work miracles per say? Not necessarily--but I have seen quite a bit of improvement. I have very fair, olive tone skin. My scarring has lightened significantly. Bought mine on Amazon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmmm....I'll check those out! Thanks guys! I've been keeping my eye on Clinique's but I'll have to check out Demalogica too. I went to the dermatologist and she just tried to sell the uber expensive, no-return stuff she had. Not cool. I'll do my research on the active ingredients too.
  • Your best option is to get one at Nordstrom or Macy's and try it out...if  you hate it or it irritates your skin you can return it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have the same question. Strangely enough...or not...I have developed dark spots in the exact same spots on each side of my face. Living in Florida, I DO NOT sun bathe but I would like to get a "tan" for my wedding. Im thinking spray tan...will def. do a trial run...or tannng booth. My fear is the these dark spots will darken darker then the rest of my face. What do you think? I also think instead of spending lots of money on trying different "correctors" I will probably go to a dermatologist. Could you do the same?

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • I also have some dark spots from sun damage and have actually looked into laser treatment which seems very scary and expensive.  I am using a three step brightening system right now http://www.shiseido.com/Brightening-1-2-3-Kit/0730852907775,en_US,pd.html&cgid=skincare-whitelucent#!

The spots are still there but just faded.(they come back as soon as I expose my face to extended sun time)  I've been told by numerous brides that airbrush makeup can cover up most skin imperfections.  I would do an airbrush makeup trial and see what you think.  That is my plan since really the only way I have been told (by 3 dermatologists) to completely remove spots is to go through laser treatment which I am just not ready for at this point.  Good luck and let us know if you find another solution.
  • In Response to Re: NWR: Dark spot corrector:
    [QUOTE]I also have some dark spots from sun damage and have actually looked into laser treatment which seems very scary and expensive.  I am using a three step brightening system right now http://www.shiseido.com/Brightening-1-2-3-Kit/0730852907775,en_US,pd.html&cgid=skincare-whitelucent#! The spots are still there but just faded.(they come back as soon as I expose my face to extended sun time)  I've been told by numerous brides that airbrush makeup can cover up most skin imperfections.  I would do an airbrush makeup trial and see what you think.  That is my plan since really the only way I have been told (by 3 dermatologists) to completely remove spots is to go through laser treatment which I am just not ready for at this point.  Good luck and let us know if you find another solution.
    Posted by KAK2014[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My dermatologist said if they really bothered me I could get laser treatments, but they honestly aren't bad and aren't noticable until I point them out to other people, so I'm not going that route. I'll check out Macy's and hopefully they'll have some samples that I can try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards