Colorado

Bad Experience at Davids

Anyone go to the David's at Park Meadows? I felt I was scammed into buying a gown there and now I can't return it! They told me it was discontinued online and in stores and strong armed me into buying it then when I wanted to wait and see about other dresses. Now that I have it I am not happy with it--if anyone wants it to do an excnage -text me here and maybe we can work something out--I know its my own stupid fault but the customer service was NOT good- I felt like once I said I am not sure I was a persona non grata! 
I do not ever want to go to any bridal slaons but rather try to find something more me at a regular store--this experience soured me on them for good!
Just checking to see if this is a regualr scam they pull or not? I did email the online customer service to see if it was in fact discontinued.......I tried to call the online service before I bought but the only option is to talk to a store--
SCAMMED---ugh!
THX
Kelly

Re: Bad Experience at Davids

• I wasn't scammed but had a BAD experience at the Westminster store.  First off, the lady didn't listen to my ideas for dresses.  Second, she never asked my budget.  Third, she was spending more time with another bride that DIDN'T make an apoointment.  They tried to pressure me into a dress I did like, but my gut told me to look elsewhere.  I went to Amanda's bridal in Arvada and the consultant was awesome. 
  • I went to the Park Meadows store as well. It's definitely in my top worst customer service experiences. My consultant was absent most of the time, she apparently was overbooked with appointments. I stood around in various gowns waiting on her for a good hour and a half altogether. The appointment took THREE HOURS. She was theatrical almost in her *many* words of wisdom, I assumed it was her way of being sales-y or something. Though I needed her help to find my dresses, I did dread her getting back to me. I did find a dress I loved, but it was at the very top of my price range and she paired it with a sash, that I loved (and she knew put the dress over what I wanted to spend), without telling me the price, which I found to be a little deceptive. She didn't tell me the price until I was at the register and at that point, I would've felt awkward to decline it. The details and information that she gave were unnecessary, but she left out all important information. It's done now though!
  • I also had a bad experience at davids bridal in westminster. It did not feel like the special day that it was supossed to be. The only reason I bought my dress there was because I liked it and it was cheap! Then I took the survery they emailed me and got even more dissapointed when it asked me a ton of questions about whether the consultant did this or asked that or offered something and I had to mark no! If she had done those things I'm sure my experience would have be spectacular! So in sum...don't go to David's expecting to feel like the most special person in the store and that that day is the best day of your life. Only go to David's if you are looking for a budget dress.
  • I never even got a survey---HMMMM...still trying to sell my dress I felt forced into buying when she told me it was discontinued-I did however do tons of online research and bought a Sue Wong dress I LOVE! so alls well that ends well---but always go with your gut--mine told me never to go to Davids but I did--sigh.....
  • I wasn't scammed but had a BAD experience at the Westminster store.  First off, the lady didn't listen to my ideas for dresses.  Second, she never asked my budget.  Third, she was spending more time with another bride that DIDN'T make an apoointment.  They tried to pressure me into a dress I did like, but my gut told me to look elsewhere.  I went to Amanda's bridal in Arvada and the consultant was awesome. 
    Amanda's Bridal is fantastic (especially now that they take appointments!)  That's where I got my Maggie Sottero and they've been awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards