Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Anyone NOT liked the airbrush makeup? Your opinions wanted, please!

I was wondering if any of you have had the airbrush makeup done and NOT liked it, or had complaints about it, or if the makeup artist told you your skin wouldn't 'work' with that type of makeup?  I keep reading nothing but glowing reviews about it all over the internet, but I have also read that it doesn't work for everyone.  It's considerably more expensive overall for the whole bridal party, so I'd love your input!  If you have un-retouched pictures to share, that would be welcomed as well!  I'd like to see what it looks like before Photoshop.

Thank you!!!

-We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-

Re: Anyone NOT liked the airbrush makeup? Your opinions wanted, please!

• I did a trial with airbrush and hated it.  It just didn't look natural.  Then I had another trial with traditional makeup.  The MUA was able to blend better and use different shades better than with the airbrush.  It looked much more natural.  It also lasted all day, just like airbrush.  I was very happy on my wedding day. 

I always recommend trials.  After all the hype I heard with airbrush, I thought for sure I was doing that.  If I hadn't done a trial, I would've been very upset on my wedding day.
  • I did a makeup trial last week, which was a blend of traditional and airbrush.  The airbrush was mostly like foundation, and my eyes/cheeks/lips were done with traditional makeup.  I thought it came out fabulously.  I will add that I am fortunate to have very clear skin.  I've heard that airbrushing can feel like not enough coverage for people with certain skin types.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I hated my airbrush trial. I felt it made me look like a porcelain doll. It didn't took natural at all to me. I had a traditional trial done and it looked a million times better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't know what skin type you have, but I have acne prone skin (although thankfully clear now due to Accutane), and I HATED the airbrush look on me. Even though I'm no longer getting breakouts, I still have little imperfections and scars on my cheeks, and the airbrushing just seemed to highlight them; not the ideal. I don't have a picture to show you unfortunately, I washed it off as soon as I got home, as my FI and mother and pretty much everyone who saw it on me was like you need to wash that off... I'm going with traditional make up. I invested in a Beauty Blender from Sephora, and holy Dinah those things are INCREDIBLE. Honestly it gives me the look I thought airbrush would give me, without bringing all my acne scars into focus. They're 30$ for 2 I believe, and they're worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  ive never heard of a beauty blender- I'll have to look that up!  Thank you all.  I'm definitely leaning towards the traditional makeup.  My skin has some imperfections, and I worry about fine lines now and how the airbrush makeup will settle in there.  I appreciate the advice!
    -We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-
  • I also was not a fan of the airbrush makeup! I have acne prone skin, and I felt as though the airbrush makeup highlighted my blackheads and did not do a good job covering acne scars. I think airbrush makeup might be a great choice if you don't have any imperfections on your skin, but it just wasn't for me! I have personally had great results with Bare Minerals foundation, and it is cheaper than airbrush!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards