Chit Chat
Options

Knot Gods, to you I pray

Can we get an IP ban on Flany? Because the way she's talking about suicide (and the fact that her new user name is "FlanySaysGoKillYourself") - deeply offend me. I'm tired of her crap. Flannigan needs the ban again.

Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray

• Options
    We're aware of her latest incarnation and it is being dealt with.  As Jackie said yesterday we are in the process of doing what you suggest Court.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray:
    [QUOTE]We're aware of her latest incarnation and it is being dealt with.  As Jackie said yesterday we are in the process of doing what you suggest Court.
    Posted by Knot Irene[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think she's gone too far with the new user name and her comments on suicide. Makes my blood boil.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I haven't even seen it, but it sounds like she's getting seriously out of hand. I thought your IP was auto banned after so many bans?
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]

That's what I always thought too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What's really pissing me off is that someone on the WW board was like "Just come back with a username that doesn't have Flany in it!" - NO. Just stop coming back and saynig these awful things.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : That's what I always thought too.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

The system has less power than you would think.  IPs aren't permenant.  Every time you reset your router (IE, unplug it and plug it back in) you are automatically assigned a new IP.

It's probably what she's doing.  Eventually she'll get tired of it, as long as we keep spotting and banning her.  So far, it appears she's convinced the WW forum mod is doing it aone.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : The system has less power than you would think.  IPs aren't permenant.  Every time you reset your router (IE, unplug it and plug it back in) you are automatically assigned a new IP. It's probably what she's doing.  Eventually she'll get tired of it, as long as we keep spotting and banning her.  So far, it appears she's convinced the WW forum mod is doing it aone.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

That, and that other users are creating Fake Flany accounts to mess with her. The Crazy is strong in that one.
  • Options
    Hrm, maybe we need to be more serious about this Knot God praying.  All right, time to up the ante here.

Let the cake ritual commence!

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    [QUOTE]Court do you post over there?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

I used to. I couldn't figure out the dynamic over there. I'm never sure if those women like each other or hate each other. But they didn't like me, so I migrated to the E board and CC. But the Flany thing... I have to pop over there and watch the drama unfold because it used to be really funny, watching her argue with herself. But now it's getting old and just offensive. She's not a fun troll.
  • Options
    I have banned her and any form of "flany" in a username.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I have banned her and any form of "flany" in a username.
    Posted by Knot Jackie[/QUOTE]

Her posts are still visible.

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : You really don't have to at all. It's not her fault you can't stop yourself from getting drawn in to reading her posts.  If you don't post over there I don't understand the hard-on for getting her banned.  So what if YOU don't like her?  You don't even post there. When it stopped being funny and started to bother you you should have stopped going over there to watch it unfold.

You're right. But it's like watching a train wreck - I can't help it sometimes. I didn't care until she came over to a board I was posting on and called me rascist. That's when it became personal. And now this stuff, with the suicide comments... that's personal, too, and it makes me really angry. I don't know if the ladies on WW just don't care (maybe they all ignore it better than me) but I just hate seeing that kind of stuff. 

It doesn't change the fact that what she is saying is ban-worthy. You are a good troll. You're funny, you argue but you're not cruel, and you actually contribute. Flany not so much.
  • Options
    It takes a few minutes to kick in, ladies.

And yes - no one can use "flany" in a username anymore.
  • Options
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood.  I thought she was on their radar because when the TOS was updated, someone asked why she was still allowed because she clearly violated them.

I know that a lot of them don't leave WW (I lurk there a lot) and it seemed like they had no clue what was going on.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : Again yes you can.  It's called self control.  It takes a lot less energy to just not click on the Wedding Woes link than it does to click on it and search out her posts just to see how offensive she can be and therefore how offended by her posts you can be.  You are searching her out.  Just stop reading her posts if you find them so offensive.  If she is being so utterly offensive the knot gods will find it and ban her themselves.  I'm not trying to compare Flany to myself.  I know I'm a more fun and usually less offensive troll.  I just think the witch-hunt feel this is taking on is getting a bit ridiculous.  and I find it laughable when someone begs to be offended and then complains they are offended. Also I'm not sure Boston will see this but if you do can you please stop posting over there that she's on the knot god's radar because of the TOS updates?  She's not. She's on their radar because Court has a hard-on for getting her banned.  KI and KJ probably wouldn't even know about her most recent incarnations if it weren't for this thread.

I would agree, but that board seems to be no-man's land. The moderator is pretty MIA (until recently, when she was paged) - it's anything goes over there. But your other points are fairly spot on. I used to lurk over there to watch the cattiness unfold and it never really bothered me, even when Flany was creating multiple accounts and being all BSC. But then she came over to the boards that I *do* post on, and (in my opinion) personally attacked me. 

For the record, I don't go to the WW board to "seek her out". I've been lurking just as I always have been. But if Stage got banned for an AE that was not offensive in the least, then shouldn't Flany get banned for creating several accounts, each more terrible than the last?

I'm offended because of the comments she made about people who attempt suicide. I wish they were still there so everyone could read them. I will PM you if you want to talk about that subject more (or anything else, like nail polish or something). I think a line was crossed though.
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : Please don't PM me.  If you want to talk to me there's a perfectly good forum right here in which to do it. It's not something I'd like to publicize, but no worries. 

I read her comments.  I'm not saying they weren't offensive.  I'm saying her posts on WW do not affect you until you go over there and let them affect you.  Look I was here when "Advice From Brides" was turned into "Snarky Brides."  I've been a lurker around here for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.  Back then I knew there were enough posts on AFSB that would annoy/offend/bother me so I didn't often read that board. That's a really good point. It used to be fun to watch the gossip and cattiness, but lately it's not so fun.

When I did I didn't run to the knot gods and ask them to ban every person flinging personal attacks even though they were against the TOS and I had seen people banned for less.  I didn't appoint myself the forum police. That wasn't my intention.

If the gods feel there's a big enough problem they will find and deal with it.  If the users that frequent that board think there's a big enough problem they will ask the gods to deal with it. They don't need an outsider to speak for them. If Flany comes after you again go ahead and ask the gods to deal with it.  Until then stop seeking her out to find reason to be offended. I can't make any promises. I'm just... really mad right now. But it does look like other people are reporting her posts, and she has apparently been banned for all time, so hopefully I'll never have to deal with it again.

I don't know why you had to bring Stage into this but if seeing her AEs banned bothered you you should have fought that point not brought another user into it because now you're confusing the point.  Do you want all AEs banned or not? I thought I did fight that point when it was happening, but my memory is shot right now so I could mistaken. The point that I was trying to make was that it was unfair for Stage's silly AE to be banned but Flany's offensive AE's to rage on unchecked. I don't care how many AE's are created; it's the content of the post that should warrant a ban. But again, the TOS is really vague, so what I want doesn't really matter in the end.

ETA: This post didn't turn out the way I thought it would in terms of formatting, my apologies.

• Options
    [QUOTE]Well we certainly can agree on one thing.  The new TOS are so terribly vague even the Knot Gods can't seem to get them straight so I'm not sure invoking them to argue ANY point is the best course of action. Cue Knot Jackie or Knot Irene coming into the thread to explain how they're still working on them a month after the updates were supposed to go into effect....

Teehee!

I like you, I like being able to respectfully disagree with someone on the Internet. It's... refreshing? Confusing? Nearly impossible? I'm not sure. But I like it!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : Just don't be too upset when I end up getting banned for starting arguments with the gods too often.  Begin preparing yourself now.

I'd start an unban campaign for you.

Have you ever been banned before?
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : Yes.  I was a catalyst to the Lucy/Edie bannings.  I wasn't involved in making fun of Lucy's H's underwear but I had been right on both their asses for poor decisions for a while before that.  By the time anyone brought up the underwear Lucy had pretty much had it in large part because of me.

I don't know what the deal was with her underwear, but that's really funny. I don't think you'll get banned this time... knock on wood...
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Well we certainly can agree on one thing.  The new TOS are so terribly vague even the Knot Gods can't seem to get them straight so I'm not sure invoking them to argue ANY point is the best course of action. Cue Knot Jackie or Knot Irene coming into the thread to explain how they're still working on them a month after the updates were supposed to go into effect....

I am pretty sure we made it clear changes wouldn't happen over night. I also said that the site itself is undergoing changes to get rid of the glitches and change the way users are warned and banned. This is all happening during the next two weeks.

I also like to think that we have been pretty accomodating and understanding while we go through these changes. We have recieved hundreds of PMs and emails as well as tons of input on the boards - which we have listented to and made changes based off of. We're listening to our members instead of taking a corporate approach and doing things our way. I think thats pretty cool.

Until things are set in stone, we just ask for patience.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : I don't know what the deal was with her underwear, but that's really funny. I don't think you'll get banned this time... knock on wood...
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

She had a siggy pic of her dog playing in a basket of underwear.

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : She had a siggy pic of her dog playing in a basket of underwear.

So were you mocking her underwear style choices? Or that he dog was playing in the dirty laundry? 

My dog steals my underwear all the time. I've had to throw away many a pair because of little tears from little puppy teeth. It's not a big deal.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Knot Gods, to you I pray:
    [QUOTE]I have no clue what the hell is going on, but my fingers were burning, so I figured someone had mentioned me. So I will say 2 things. Linger's ability to drive people insane with mere logic is my favorite thing about her. It's magical. Aaaaaaand Don't go under the stairs. Just don't. Life is better that way.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

This made me snort with laughter
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : So were you mocking her underwear style choices? Or that he dog was playing in the dirty laundry?  My dog steals my underwear all the time. I've had to throw away many a pair because of little tears from little puppy teeth. It's not a big deal.
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

Sorry but there is no reason for you to be snarky. You wanted to know what the underwear was about and I told you.  I had nothing to do the the Lucy situation, nor did anyone else that's still around.

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : FTR no one in this thread was involved in the incident itself.  However the issue was that there's no reason for someone's nasty underwear to be in their sig and the rest of us shouldn't be subjected to it.  It was less that the dog was playing in the underwear and more that THAT was the picture she decide dot use as her sig.

Ahhhhhhh I see, I see. I didn't mean "you" literally, btw. Probably should've gone with "they"? I don't know. Semantics.

Yeah, I'm sure it seemed like a cute idea at the time - "lol my dog is so funny, get out of the laundry basket!" but then it's like... that's your dirty underwear... don't put it out on the internets for all to see.
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely wasn't intending to accuse anyone of anything (because didn't this happen 100 years ago?) I got the Reader's Digest version of the story a few weeks ago, but didn't entirely understand. Sooooooooo... yeah. That wasn't snark. It was curiousity. 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : You're being overly sensitive.  I wasn't "hiding' behind anything.  The gif is just funnier than me typing it out.  So, now you're being overly sensitive AND making too much out of gif v straight up post.  
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Damn my post disappeared. Must be a glitch.

I like the kitten though.

• Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : Sorry but there is no reason for you to be snarky. You wanted to know what the underwear was about and I told you.  I had nothing to do the the Lucy situation, nor did anyone else that's still around.

I was around during underweargate. 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : I was around during underweargate. 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

I lol that it is now refered to as "underweargate!"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Gods, to you I pray : LIES!

you figured me out. I'm a huge liar. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards