Christian Weddings

Whoa

Knot Jackie wasn't kidding, this is a whole different board now.  I wonder if they are testing out a new forum here since Cultural Weddings gets less traffic then the rest of the board.  Either way, Whoa.  

Thoughts?  Like it, hate it?  Don't care?  Tell me what you think.

I think I would like a little more definition around the posts themselves. That is all I have for now.  Oh and there is spell check now!  That is a huge improvement which I adore.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Whoa

• when I first came here tonight it took me a minute to realize that it wasn't just my computer not loading the page properly, but it had actually changed.  I am resistant to change, so my first thought was "I really don't like this".

negatives - I had to scroll really far down the page to find the reply box. (maybe it's a glitch) and I agree with ravenray that there needs to be more definition around the posts. I also don't like that there is no preview post button.

positives-I do like that it saves drafts. I don't know how many times I've gone to write something (especially long things) just to have my browser act up, and lose all my typing, so the save draft is a good thing. I also like that there is the button to click just at the bottom of the original post to flag, quote or "love it"

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• edited May 2013
    Hmm. There's a "love it" button now, which is good. Spell check: an awesome addition. 

And a search feature? That's a definite win. Maybe it will be better than the previous search feature (yea, the practically non-existent one)..... hmm.

ETA: sigs still look decent in the new format, so that's also a plus.
  • It's going to take some time to get used to. I like the fact there is a "love" button
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ravenray said:
    Knot Jackie wasn't kidding, this is a whole different board now.  I wonder if they are testing out a new forum here since Cultural Weddings gets less traffic then the rest of the board.  Either way, Whoa.  

Thoughts?  Like it, hate it?  Don't care?  Tell me what you think.

I think I would like a little more definition around the posts themselves. That is all I have for now.  Oh and there is spell check now!  That is a huge improvement which I adore.  

I don't understand why they would just do this on one forum and not the others.
  • edited May 2013
    Okay, first: what's the deal with the badges? but, anyone else see their "activity" page? It's like they have a "profile" page for us now, which I'm not sure how I feel about. It looks like there's a "wall" of sorts on your activity page. And now we get "points" for earning badges/posting/etc. Hmm.

ETA: There are now notifications for PMs!!!
  • There are some cool new features that is for sure.  Did everyone read Knot Jackie's post at the top of the page. It let's us know what is going on.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• @ravenray, I just read her post. very interesting. I think they are all great changes.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys! We are rolling things out across community throughout the next two weeks, so soon, everyone will have this look!
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    I'm not a fan of the new look, but I like the new features.  I like the "love" button, PM notifications, and spell checker.  Not sure how I feel about the point system or OP's getting to select a "best answer" (way too subjective).  I'm also having trouble accessing some new features.  Where is this preferences page that's referenced in Jackie's post up top?
    Anniversary
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    Oh no, this new format doesn't like my sig! And I have no idea how to fix that.  Any ideas y'all?
    Anniversary
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    Shoot. Got my sig pic to work, but now I can't get my ticker to work.  
    Anniversary
  • Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback! Working out the siggy issue. If you have other questions -- take a look at my post earlier today or ask me!

Jackie
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    @KnotJackie, I'm sending you a PM. 
    Anniversary
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    @KnotJackie, sent ya another one back! Also, interesting observation: in the new format, your PM shows up.  But when I go to any other board (non-cultural weddings) and then go to my PM's, it doesn't show up. Is that supposed to happen?

If so, that's confusing for the transition period. I can only imagine you and the other KG's getting PM's on both versions and having to check each other.  
    Anniversary
  • I am still undecided...  This is gonna take some getting used to, but I love the love button...

wait.. that sounded dirtier than it should've...  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    I just got a chance to play around on mobile. Much better than the original. Still gonna take some getting used to.
    Anniversary
  • I don't like the point system and the best answer thing makes me cringe but I am kind of counting on the point system turning out like TN, which seems to make no difference to the ladies there lol.  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• @Knot Jackie - What does the leader thing mean?  Or is that explained in the new rules that I missed?  Basically how does one become a leader? 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Actually I figured it out.  It has to do with the number of "love it" you receive, doesn't it?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Also, can we have the badges back?  I worked hard for my gold badge and I don't want to lose it.

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Did anyone else's ticker stop working after the change over? Did you get it working?

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• I don't have a ticker any more but I would mess around with the formatting. Sorry :/  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Hmm. I don't think we've had the problem on here since the change over, but on my month board it seems like no one can post new discussions. Odd.
  • Oh. Nope. Just tried it out, and no luck. Hopefully @KnotJackie or @KnotIrene can get this worked out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards