Not Engaged Yet
Options

How did you meet your SO?

2»

Re: How did you meet your SO?

• Options
    In Response to Re: How did you meet your SO?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How did you meet your SO? : BF and I met online and emailed back and forth for about three weeks before we finally went on a first date. It was pretty much history from there and we've been together for 2 years now. He was the only person I talked to online that I actually went on a date with. Not really a fun or a cool story I guess but it worked out right for us in the end. I can't imagine being with anyone else and I think it was random happenstance and fate that brought us together more than anything. We've talked engagment and marriage quite a bit and BF has even mentioned that he is getting me a ring "soon" but how soon I don't know. We're in the process of buying a house so saving money is a bigger priority right now than spending it. Has anyone else met their SO's online? I used OkCupid cause it was free and I'm cheap.
    Posted by lmhollister[/QUOTE]

Did you read everyone elses posts before you posted?

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you meet your SO? : Counting in months...like a boss!
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

You know it!

Also, bri, I will be BSC for you! You go ahead and enjoy the insanely awesome life you are living right now, and shoes and I can start planning your wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you meet your SO? : Did you read everyone elses posts before you posted?
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

I started reading and then I felt like posting instead. Clearly I jumped the gun.

• Options
    We met...bowling. My ex had to move for work, and we were long distance for a few months before he broke up with me. I joined bowling league while still long distance to get me out of the house once a week. In May 2008, I switched to a team of coworkers, and we joined a league of teams from various local companies. H was on one of the other teams, and the first time we met, I suggested he buy his own ball and shoes to get better at bowling faster. We got together once to practice (at the time I was a better bowler), and it was disastrous. He was so nervous and it was super awkward. I turned him down the first time he asked me out because I was still a mess over the ex, whom I talked to all the time and he would tell me he loved me. By early July, H and I would still chat when we saw each other at league, and one night we stayed there talking til about midnight. He invited me to see his friend's band July 5th, I showed up, we hung out til 4am, and a few days later, we had our first real date. We've been married since September 2011.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you meet your SO? :  It was the luckiest thing I ever did, and considering I emailed him five days after my grandma passed away, and all she wanted was for me to find someone, I'm pretty sure she had something to do with it.  Together - 59 months. Married - 13.5 months
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

So touching...funny how fate has a way of putting people together. 

If my friend hadn't been looking over my shoulder when H winked at me and I made a comment about it being lazy...I don't know that we would have gone out without her telling me to wink back because she wanted to go to an Indian wedding.  Life is funny that way.
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Yay, it is fun to reminisce!

FI and I met at a party, where a mutual acquaintance introduced us.  At the time, I was not in the mindset to date.  I was focused on school and raising my daughter.  However, I noticed he was cute, and I flirted with him.  I called him a wallflower for not dancing.  We saw each other at other events around town, and talked/flirted when we did, until he started dating someone.  Around the same time, I was kind of in this weird quasi-relationship with a bona fide mega-jerk (unfortunately, my type for too long). 

About a year later, summer of 2008, we were both single again.  I saw him play a few shows and we began to talk more.  We were both going to attend a music camp out, where he was also performing.  He sent me a Myspace (you read that right) message to find him for a schedule of events he put together that was better organized than the one the promoters put out.  So, I did find him at the camp out, and we ended up spending most of the weekend together.  We laid out under the stars, with that nervous energy and tension that makes you laugh at jokes until your cheeks hurt.  Both of us were wondering if the other was interested in more than friendship, but neither of us made a move.

After the weekend, I sent him a message telling him what a great time I had hanging out, and how I hoped I would see him soon.  Then, a friend suggested I invite him to go with us to the guilty pleasures night at a local club (they played cheeseball music from the 80s, 90s, and some modern stuff, as well).  He accepted the invitation.  I think I made my interest in him pretty damn clear when I tastefully grinded on him to "Bringing Sexy Back."  Within a few weeks, we were officially a couple.

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did you meet your SO? : You know it! Also, bri, I will be BSC for you! You go ahead and enjoy the insanely awesome life you are living right now, and shoes and I can start planning your wedding.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I have already begun... 

Because I'm a closet BSC hoar.  There, I said it.
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Well, my sister won the Boston Shakespeare competition about a gazillion years ago, and after taking an acting hiatus she decided it was time to get back into it a little bit with the Concord Youth Theatre, run by Lisa Evans, as a volunteer with the kiddos.

I came by to visit her one day and hung out to watch rehearsal. Lisa's son Chris was visting and I thought he was cuuuute so I decided to try and chat him up. But I was nervous, so I decided to go across the street and grab a coffee at Starbucks first while I worked up some nerve.

After getting my muy delicioso mocha frappucino, I was standing outside the Starbucks just kinda talking to myself - "Hey, Chris is it? I'm Sous, prepare to meet the VGV" - in varying seductive tones with varying wink/lip licking/bosom thrusting options in closing. When I decided I had it down pat, I turned around to see him standing there, chuckling at me and shaking his head.

Just then, some girl ran out of Starbucks saying she had just sh!t in the trash can inside and that everyone inside was soooo mean and she didn't know why. The sh!t-stained psychopath was making a beeline right for my soon-to-be mackdaddy, and since I couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to that pretty face....

....I threw myself in front of him just in time for her to collide with me, exploding my precious mochachino and releasing a noxious cloud of leftover gas in the process. I was down, choking on the phantom shitter's terrible fumes, and wondering if this was to be it for good old Sous.

When I finally came to, I discovered that I WAS IN NEWARK, somehow. I saw Chris's lovely concerned face....

He was terribly impressed by my heroic act, and he was worried about whether I was okay or not - he wanted to be my hero now!

I told him, I said "Chris, baby....I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. I think it'll take a miracle. That was one POWERFUL fart that knocked us into the murder capital of the world..." Everything started to go dark again, but I could hear Chris say, "Hey girl, I know what will resuscitate you....

I was so shocked - how could he have known that d!cks had a very special healing power for me?!?! IT MUST BE TRUE LOVE!!! Just like that I was healed, and I knew what to do...

And that is how I became Mrs. Captain America.

• Options
    Sous. I love you more than life.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Sous FTW for this thread!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    [QUOTE]Sous FTW for this thread!
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

It's like, I don't even care if I do anything else all day.
  • Options
    I love this!

BF and I met in a class the first semester of our senior year of college.  He had transferred in the year before, and somehow we had never met despite the fact that his good friend and house mate (who was in the class as well) was dating my good friend and housemate, and that I knew the other five guys they lived with also.  Anyway, I sat in front of him, which showcased what I suspect he'd call my best side (I have a bit of a ghetto booty...).  I guess my bubble butt and I made an impression, because from what I understand he went home and asked my roommate's BF about me.

Anyway, I had a big sorority formal coming up and I wasn't quite sure who I would bring--I was a few months out of a pretty sh!tty relationship with a really horrible, manipulative guy, so I was still licking my wounds a bit.  I had a good guy friend on standby, but my housemate (the one dating his housemate) kept suggesting that I bring K (my now BF), because he apparently really wanted to go.  I gave in and eventually invited him (like a week before, after a pretty funny phone number mix-up), but then almost cancelled two days prior after an odd conversation with his housemate in which he told me K had "been around the block."  I now see that was nothing but drunken rambling, and fortunately I didn't act on my impulse to cancel.

That Saturday, October 24th, 2009, BF and I went to the formal and had an awesome [drunken] time.  He stayed over that night (no sexy time because I'm a nice girl!), and when we woke up in the morning I was pleasantly surprised by the absence of awkwardness.  We've been pretty much inseperable ever since and he's currently on a self-imposed mission to find the perfect engagement ring, so I would say it worked out pretty well :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We met at an anti-Scientology protest.

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited May 2013
    I first met Danish Man at a group Bday dinner he was BRIGHT red sunburnt and sitting across from me.  The man surfs but turns red like a boiled lobster.  We didn't really get to know each other till months later when he gave me a ride home on the back of his motorcycle after I had just crashed mine beyond the ability to ride it home.  After that he offered to be my gym buddy and I would stretch on the mat and watch him run on the treadmill, well actually I would just watch his perfectly formed butt.  We started dating less a year later. 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Europe is awesome.  Where are you planning hypothetically on going? 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

We want to fly into london for sure. We definitely want go to Germany, Paris and Amsterdam. I realllly want to go to Rome/anywhere in Italy but I'm not sure if we'll be able to fit it in. :)
  • Options
    Sous- that was hysterical!

Anniversary

• Options
    I love it Sous.
  • Options
    MsYeckMsYeck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    A friend of mine owns a match-making company and last memorial day weekend she me up on 4 dates in 4 days (f/s/s/m). I liked Mr. Sunday ( I think). First couple dates where akeward since I mixed up a few things he and the others had said but he kept me around. He still jokes about how It is usually the girl who remembers the anniversary date.
  • Options
    BF and I met in high school when I was in grade 11 and he was in grade 12.  We had a few classes together, and we were both in our school band.  He was really shy, and I always went over to talk to him in our history class together.  I thought he was so good looking and was always trying to think of something interesting to say to him.

I knew I had to be with him when we were put into the same music group for our holiday concert - I was the group leader and had to organize practices.  No one else in our group even showed up, but he walked up the school the day after he had his wisdom teeth out.  He couldn't even play an instrument, and hadn't been able to come back to school yet.  He sat there and kept me company the whole time I practiced alone.

He asked me out, and its been wonderful ever since.  We've been together almost 8 1/2 years, went to the same university together, and have been living together for over 5 years.  Still NEY, but we've been talking about marriage for awhile.

We are best friends, and I am grateful everyday to have him.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    motoLyn said:
    I first met Danish Man at a group Bday dinner he was BRIGHT red sunburnt and sitting across from me.  The man surfs but turns red like a boiled lobster.  We didn't really get to know each other till months later when he gave me a ride home on the back of his motorcycle after I had just crashed mine beyond the ability to ride it home.  After that he offered to be my gym buddy and I would stretch on the mat and watch him run on the treadmill, well actually I would just watch his perfectly formed butt.  We started dating less a year later. 
    Eff that, TK, it ate this post from yesterday.

@motolyn - How cool that he was also sunburnt on your wedding day... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    In Response to How did you meet your SO?:

Has anyone else met their SO's online? I used OkCupid cause it was free and I'm cheap.
    My BF and I "met" through OKCupid.  I was tired of not getting any decent (let alone good) matches with the paid sites so I figured I had nothing to lose by trying a free site out.

BF was the first person I contacted through the site and he was the only one who I actually met in person.  :)

Our first date was December 30, 2011 and we met for drinks at 6:00 on a Friday night and we did not leave the bar until midnight...  I had a dream that night that we were getting married.  lol
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    thejinxchanthejinxchan member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately our start was pretty much a high school drama story (bf and I are in our late 20s). We live in Dubai, he's British and I'm American. I met my ex through expatforum website (where he befriended my bf and many of our mutual friends) and dated him for about 2 months. After we broke up on New Years, I met my bf on Valentine's Day, but ended up going home with my ex. Oops. Anyhow, I found my bf immediately attractive but wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole.

Me and BF started hanging out as friends and even though I tried to introduce him to other girls, nothing ever panned out. One night in a bar, we were drunk and he kissed me, and from that point things were shaky, as I told him we couldn't take things any further until he spoke to my ex to see if things were ok. LATER did I find out that my ex ACTUALLY put my BF up to "distract me from him" (my ex is considerably younger than us, told my BF I was "obsessed" even though it was definitely the other way around, considering he got really jealous once BF and I actually started seeing each other!) So because of the fact that my BF was still good friends with my ex, and many other things holding him back from a relationship, we kept it casual from about May to August. We both saw other people. In August, his ex asked about getting back together which prompted him to finally ask me what direction we were going into. He first said he wanted to try being friends only.. but it only last 5 days as we could not stay away from each other.

Over the course of about the next two weeks, we had many discussions about what to do next - I had thought the "friends" thing was the end of it. But one night, something clicked in him and he turned into this sweet and romantic man (during our "casual" time he kept walls up) and said he thinks about marrying me. Since then we have been completely inseparable and the bestest of friends. We have even maintained a good relationship with my ex, and many times the 3 of us will spend together together (it's weird, I know! but it works), and the 3 of us constantly joke about how things worked out.

Neither of us like drama - but sadly, the Dubai culture of 20 and 30 somethings heavily revolve around bars, clubs and party scene, and drama seems to be everyone's topic of interest, and because we both tried to avoid it as best we could, many people always seemed to try and break it up. 

Even though BF and I haven't been together long, we know we are meant for each other! He's heading back to the US with me in a week, where we will ask our family for a blessing for marriage, and he's spoke to his parents as well (I met them in the UK in December) and his mom has offered a choice of a few heirloom rings (a diamond and a sapphire!!! SQUEE!). YAY!
  • Options
    We met when the boat he used to work on came into the harbor I used to work in and docked right next to where I worked.  We went on a couple really awkward first dates and then decided we'd rather be friends.  After hanging out as friends, we discovered that each of us was awesome.  A couple weeks later we decided to become a couple and three years later we're still awesome.  I think for us, being friends first was the best decision.  If we hadn't been friends first, I don't think we would have worked out very well.
  • Options
    We met in Biology class my freshman year of college in 2007. He sat next to me and therefore we were Biology partners. We became really good friends and remained friends until this year. I was in a relationship when he met and I just recently ended it...and things just kinda happened between he and I :)
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards