Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Trying to find a nice resort in St. Thomas, Help!

Every tripadvisor.com review of most of the hotels and resorts on St.Thomas- are SO NEGATIVE!

I am starting to feel hopeless in  finding something!

I think people posting onthere just cannot be pleased, but it still makes me nervous to book something with so many negative posts.

June 22, 2013 is our wedding and we still do not have a honeymoon! :(

Any st. thomas experts on here?

THANK YOU!

Re: Trying to find a nice resort in St. Thomas, Help!

• Options
    Ditto PP's on the Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas.  I thought it was very nice.  We did a day trip to St. John and I would definitely recommend going there, at least for a day if not more.

Also, if you stay at the Ritz, definitely go to The Cellar for dinner.  The food was awesome and they had the best black truffle mac and cheese.
  • Options
    why are yuo only asking about st thomas?
    whats your budget?
    interests?
    do yu hve passports or plan on getting them? if that is the issue St john, st croix and puerto rico are also options.

• Options
    kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    been to St. Thomas several times and tried different resorts.....we done timeshares but not much serviceis in these places and you are on your own for meals.....we stayed at the Gallows on St. John and liked it ....they have one rstaurant on property but you are walking distance to town.....last visit to ST Thomas we tried Sugar Bay.....it has been taken over by a new ownr and in the process of making lots of upgrades....smallish beach but close to all the West End excursions to wherever.....dont know your budget but our favin the area is Peter Island Resort.....whereever you stay take a day trip to Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar....fun day...check out sniqueaway.com.....bookit.com.....cheapcarribean.com for deals
  • Options

I grew up in St. Croix and if you are looking for something nice in St Thomas it has to be the Ritz.  Personally I would consider the Buccaneer in St. Croix or Caneel Bay in St. John.  If you need help I can send you to someone that I know who knows the islands well. 

• Options
    maibel03maibel03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    7 years ago my sister was married at the Marriott Frenchmen's Cove - and it was amazing! Since then I have been back 2x. I've never had a negative experience with them - and I absolutely love their beach. They have a water taxi that will take you in town in 10-20 minutes as well, that was convenient.

It may not be the most prestigious on the Island (I've heard the Ritz was nicer) - but the price and location is really good!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I lived in St Thomas/St John for 15 years.  My first pick would Caneel Bay in St John.  Followed by The Ritz then Marriott.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards