Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

WTF Wednesday

Hey Ladies - Everyone has been so quiet!! 
Where are all you newer gals? Get in here and post :)

Complaints go here!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Yes!!  I can't stand how quiet it is in here :-(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Strap in ladies because here's mine and it's been boiling for a while so it's a long one:

WTF family! I'm the first biological kid of my family getting married - you would think that would make everyone excited to attend the wedding. 

{poof}

Is it too late for FI and I to run off somewhere far away and just get married by ourselves????

I might delete later - i don't think anyone I know comes here but I don't need to deal with any drama that reading this would bring. I really just needed to get it out of my head so I can chill out without drinking myself stupid.
  • Options
    I agree with you girls - where is everyone?

I don't really have a WTF today... We get married in 6 days! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awww. Sara. Keep your chin up. I've faced the same grief from some invited guests as well. When people "complain" to you - just try your best to grin and say "we understand. You'll be missed but we'll be thinking of you." 

I faced the same issue with my mom, too, in a slightly different way - so I stopped talking about anything wedding related with her. It's hard not to do since it's your mom, but at this stage - you don't need any form of negativity. Be selfish and don't put up with that :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was just about to chime in about the silence going on in here but Sare definitely helped with that!

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time Sara. And I totally understand needing to vent and possibly deleting the comment later. I really do relate to your issues. I had problems with my mom regarding My "not keeping her informed" but than suddenly having other plans when I invite her places.  She also kept asking me "are you sure you want this?" But after a while I figured she's probably just having a tough time with the realization that she's "losing me to someone else" (My mom and I are really close.) I did finally talk to my mom about all of this on the phone one day and she apologized. 

And again I relate to everything else regaridng the complaints for costs and etc. After a while we both went crazy with that in the planning. (It's what partly inspired thoughts of eloping.) But after a while, we developed a screw you attitude. Of course, we didn't say that to anyone. HOwever, we decided it was time to just ignore all the outside noise and focus on ourselves. It definetely helped. 

I know it's tough but just trying to focus on the big picture - getting married to the love of your life. BEsides you've only got a month to go so hang in there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :)
    I know part of it is just stressing about getting all the details sorted out in a month and that's why I'm not easily able to brush some of this stuff off like I usually would.

FI took me out for drinks last night and that helped some. I'll probably adopt a silence policy about all things wedding related with the family going forward. If they show up they will be there and if not oh well.
  • Options
    Awww, so sorry Sara :-(  As long as you are happy and get to marry the man you love, try not to let other things weigh you down.

xo!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kelceyakelceya member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm sorry you're having a tough time, hang in there!

As a "newer gal", I apologize for going MIA not long after I started posting. I guess I can best explain myself with a WTF, immigration policies?! FI and I have been trying to navigate the visa process so that we can live together without fear of deportation, and every day it looks a bit more impossible. So much so that we're now considering scrapping the 2014 date in favor of a tiny, last-minute, parent-and-siblings-only wedding this summer! I didn't want to go into detail about our plans with everything being so uncertain, and to be honest it makes me a little sad that all of our dreams for a big party with both families may come to naught. But one way or the other we'll end up married, and I'll try to contribute to the board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards