September 2013 Weddings

Help! Ceremony music!

Hello my fellow September Brides!  Congrats on your upcoming weddings!

I am new to this board and am looking for some help.

I am getting to the point of starting to stress the details!!! We are trying to come up with some options for our ceremony music.  We are getting married at an outdoor/barn/farm venue. 

Anyone have any suggestions for prelude, processional, interlude, recessional music?
I'm not quite sure that we want classical music, probably something a little more fitting for the rustic setting.  We like all genres of music so I think that makes it even more difficult!

We are open to any suggestions, we are just starting this search so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you in advance!

-Kerri (September 20, 2013)

Re: Help! Ceremony music!

• Have you considered going through songs that have special meaning to you as a couple, and finding instrumental versions or if your pianist can play them??  We are doing all romantic Beatles songs for the pre-ceremony music, I am walking down the aisle to Imagine, and we are still working on the recessional, but our pianist is fine with learning/playing all of them for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• I am in LOVE with Vitamin String Quartet. They do classical versions of pop songs. But for you, maybe guitar acoustic would be better? Search youtube for guitar acoustic versions of your favorite songs. Then see if you can find it on itunes or google music or something? I know some smart people out there know how to take a youtube clip and make it a music file, but I don't. :)
  • We are having an acoustic guitarist play for us. We are having the classic songs (i.e. Canon in D for processional), yet it will still have the nice laid back vibe that we are looking for. 
  • Roy Todd music on YouTube has some beautiful piano music. I will be walking down the aisle to his "Perfect Wedding Music". (I tear up every time I listen to it.) I think the juxtaposition of the rustic ambiance of your venue and the sparkle of a piano would be breathtaking.
  • I'm having the guys walk out to Bruno Mars, "marry you"
    bridal party walking down to israle kamikawaeloe's "somewhere over the rainbow"
    Me with my dad "marry me" by train

after we are introduced walking to "now that we found love" by Heavy D & the boyz

:)
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MajideMajide member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm having the guys walk out to Bruno Mars, "marry you"
    bridal party walking down to israle kamikawaeloe's "somewhere over the rainbow"
    Me with my dad "marry me" by train

after we are introduced walking to "now that we found love" by Heavy D & the boyz

:)

Oh, I really want to use that version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"!  I really like it.  Unfortunately, I don't think anyone else is very fond of it, so I might just find a way to use it in the reception, or just before the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in LOVE with Vitamin String Quartet. They do classical versions of pop songs. But for you, maybe guitar acoustic would be better? Search youtube for guitar acoustic versions of your favorite songs. Then see if you can find it on itunes or google music or something? I know some smart people out there know how to take a youtube clip and make it a music file, but I don't. :)
    Vitamin String Quartet is a great place to start!

Anniversary
  • lizmanniger- just want to thank you for your post!!! I have been listening to the Vitamin String Quartet like crazy after I read it and found my ceremony music!  :-)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards