June 2013 Weddings

Board changes coming!

Hi ladies,

The new board updates are coming to you by May 10th! Here are some things you need to know about what is changing:

The Knot Community Update– FAQ

How To:

·         Tag a fellow Knottie in the discussion or post?

o   Just use the @ symbol - @KnotJackie

·         Manage my Notification Preferences?

o   Go to your community profile, click Edit Profile

o   You can decide if you want to be notified by email or a mini-popup while in community

·         Earn badges?

o   You can earn badges for a variety of actions – more info coming!

When will I receive notifications?

o   New contribution to a discussion you started

o   Been mentioned / tagged in a post

o   Earned a badge

o   Been warned

o   New private message

o   New posts in your bookmarks

What is changing with Private Messaging?

o   More prominent on member profiles

o   You can now message multiple users in one PM

o   You will be notified when new messages

What are my new options when creating a new thread on a board?

o   New discussion

o   New poll

o   New question

·         Creator of question can designate one reply as the answer, awarding points to the member who submitted the chosen/best answer

How do I ignore a user?

o   User goes to her preferences page

o   There is a ‘Ignore List’ as an option in the left rail

o   Click this and type the name of the user, save.

o   There’s a max of 5

What is the process when the community rules are violated?

o   Warnings take points away from users

o   Each warning is for a specified time period

o   5 warnings equate to ban

o   Moderators/TK Administrators can send message to users with a warning

MODERATORS --- you will be getting your own Private Moderator board. If you see it, you are a mod! We’ll be posting mod names on the boards as soon as the updates continue. Once the board is live, we will be posting your new roles and permissions there. 

Re: Board changes coming!

• cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Seriously, the layout on Catholic Weddings makes me want to stab myself in the eyes. For the love of God do not white out the boards and ditch the lefty links. 

Andplusalso, will someone effing answer me for the millionth time I've asked about the mod on my local board? I mean seriously, this schits getting ridiculous. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Can we please not change it? It looks like a sad attempt to copy Facebook, and no one like the Facebook layout. We just use it because we have to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Board changes coming!:
    [QUOTE]I like the looks of these changes, but PLEASE don't change the layout.  I popped over to the Catholic board and hate it.
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]

YES.
  • Ok hope it turns out good:)
  • In Response to Re:Board changes coming!:
    [QUOTE]While y'all are jimmying with the board, how about improving the mobile interface, or at least give us the full keyboard.
    Posted by EllaYoung[/QUOTE]

So much of this! The mobile version is pretty bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Board changes coming!:
    [QUOTE]How much y'all wanna bet she never comes back. I got $5 on it.
    Posted by mrskaiser22[/QUOTE]
    You're probably right. We can still complain in her general direction since it will totally make us feel better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    edited May 2013
    K, you win! She never came back and look at what happened? Gah. Yuck. 

And now, back to FB. For good. 

Also, wtf with my siggy? Where's my picture and why is my blog link incorrect? I hate this. TK, boo you whore. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I hate this layout & it totally seems like TK is trying to become facebook. I agree with everything above especially the mobile app, that's one of the major reasons I hardly come to TK.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @knotjackie This layout is terrible and makes it harder to find the posts I want to read. I agree that the time spent on changing all this wasn't worth it and should have been put towards the mobile interface instead.
  • bar10521 said:
    @knotjackie This layout is terrible and makes it harder to find the posts I want to read. I agree that the time spent on changing all this wasn't worth it and should have been put towards the mobile interface instead.
    THIS SO MUCH OF THIS
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My eyes are burning :(
    June '13 - Cake!

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Yeah, I hate this layout too! Not enough color differentiation and where did all the links on the left go? 

And why are all our signatures changed back to shoes? That is weird!!!!

And what happened to the f-ing spell check??

Anniversary
  • Hi guys - sorry for the delay. The design comments are with our team.
    My main concern was to improve all the features- The PMs, notifications, mentions, etc. Everything will be updated by May 16th and the glitches should all be worked out by then, including siggys. The design team is working on things as well.
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    Siggys are really the least of my concerns. Can we please have the links to the other boards back on the left side at least. It's such a PITA to move around on the boards now. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I hate this new format. 

I like the tagging feature, the other forum I frequent put this into effect last month, and it has worked out really well. I also like the idea of notifications for PMs, but the overall layout change blows. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey guys - as you can image, things have been a bit nuts over here for me. All of these issues are being addressed - the siggys, the color, etc. Bare with us through the 16th while all boards get updated- but then mobile will be great.
    Thanks!
  • I still don't get why the whole layout had to change just to enable the new features. This thing is way too hard to read.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm only posting this comment to see if my siggy is messed up. :) I hate all of this. Gah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • OOOH! December 2012 siggy! Wow! Good for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Just because I'm curious which of my signatures will pop up, I haven't changed it in ages, is it all my fault TK is bringing back random siggys?  I'll be better in the future guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards