Christian Weddings
Options

Happy Friday, ladies!

Tonight I'm planning on working on my bouquet while relaxing, and then cleaning the apartment.
Tomorrow I'm going to finally redeem my birthday coffee from Starbucks, and head up to REI to buy my birthday present from my parents: a tent, sleeping bag, and some other camping paraphernalia! I'm not sure what else I'll do. Maybe I'll finally push myself and go outside for a run.
Sunday is church, and then possibly a trip to JoAnns. Did any of you ladies have an aisle runner for your weddings? I keep seeing things on other boards here that say aisle runners aren't a good idea and they're just a trip hazard. I'm not really planning on decorating the church at all beyond the aisle runner - we're not having flowers and I'm not a fan of chair bows.

Re: Happy Friday, ladies!

• Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Sounds like you've got a fun weekend planned. Good luck with all the crafty stuff.

Today: Right now, studying for a big test. Then big test at 1pm. Then maybe hanging out with a friend for dinner.

Tomorrow: Getting my windshield fixed by Safelight. Then hopefully Busch Gardens, weather permitting. Maybe working out with FI in the morning before we go.

Sunday: It's youth Sunday at the church we volunteer at. The grouped I worked with planned the "parent's message". They did a super great job and I'm so proud of them. Then we're going to my hometown to visit my mom for mother's day. Sunday evening FI's family is also coming up and both families are getting together for a mother's day dinner. Should be fun!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    tonight: working

tomorrow: men's breakfast at church, meeting a Mary Kay client to go over some products, cookout for a coworkers daughter who is graduating from college

sunday: work, going over to my IL's to give my MIL her mother's day present

@lplions, We couldn't have an aisle runner at our wedding because we got married at an old historical church that had wooden floors. We were told it would make the floor even more slipperier (is that a word?) and could make guests fall. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hmm. I guess I need to talk to FH & see if he has an opinion on the matter. Our chapel is carpeted, so, "slippage" isn't really a concern.

On another note, I just made an appointment to get my hair cut & have a hair & makeup consultation during my June visit. Yay!
  • Options
    We're in my hometown for Mothers Day.

Today: SIL and I made Mothers Day presents for my mom and grandma from DS and my neice.  We were all covered in paint by the end.  Tonight is SIL's birthday dinner.

Tomorrow: Time with family during the day and then the Mother/Daughter Banquet at the church I grew up at.

Sunday: Visiting my home church, lunch with my family.

• Options
    I didn't have aisle runners but I didn't have chairs/pews either! lol.  I say skip of them if you don't want flowers or bows.

Today: Morphology conference and a German presentation. 
    Tomorrow: More Morphology conference and maybe church. 
    Sunday: Church and going to spend time with my mom and my MIL.  I don't know what I am doing with my mom yet but probable something.  MIL wants us to work a shift with her at the local soup kitchen so that will be different but I am sure enjoyable.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Boo. The combo of poor weather and a bug I picked up at school squashed our plans for Busch Gardens.  So we had a lazy day today.  We are going out with a good friend of mine for dinner tonight, who also happens to be a bridesmaid.  She's on a different rotation schedule at school than I am, so we already get to see each other.  It'll be good to get to catch up and hang out.  I've also got some new wedding stuff to share with her, which will be fun.  Might just make up for missing out on BG.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards