April 2013 Weddings

Thank you cards

I have NO motivation to write them! Anyone else?

I've gotten about half done, I thought I had 10 left, but I just another list of people and I have more like 25 left. I have been working on them a little at a time for a few weeks! I just want them to be done but I don't want to write them lol :)
135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 23
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses

Re: Thank you cards

• Also, when TK redid the forum design, it somehow reverted my signature to what it was like 2 months ago. Not cool. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • I only have about 6 left and I can't bring myself to do them. I feel like I'm writing the same thing over and over and over and over and the paranoid part of me thinks that people are going to compare notes and realize that I pretty much AM writing the same thing over and over and over.  lol 

This is where I REALLY start to feel bad for the brides who invited 300+ people to their weddings.

Oh, and if it matters..... I HATE the new format, and all the glitches and missing posts that go along with it.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • edited May 2013
    I was lucky and only had 12 thank yous to write. We invited around 75 to the wedding, 22 came (they are all getting thank yous just for coming), but everyone else who was invited but couldn't come didn't even send a card.

Anniversary
  • I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail. I know I have to get them right out because it will have been a month since my wedding.
    Anniversary
  • We've got almost all of them done. I think we'll try to finish them off this weekend. Enlist your H's help if you haven't already! :)
  • I know this probably isn't helpful to you now, but I wrote the thank you notes as the gifts came in, so we only had about two dozen to write after the wedding for cards, gift cards, and the last batch of presents. It went pretty easy; the thank you notes were out in the mail two days after the wedding.

No one is really going to compare your thank you notes. I went with a standard "we enjoyed seeing you at the wedding"/"we were so glad you could make it to the wedding"/"we're sorry you couldn't make it to the wedding" opening, followed by a thank you for the gift itself: "thank you so much for the..." and finished up with how we would use it, especially if it was cash or a gift card. I then said something about how thoughtful the gift was or how kind they were to think of us, etc. Each note was different, because I picked and chose different things to say or used different phrases, but they were all basically similar.

Good luck! Get them written and out in the mail, it'll make you feel so much better.
  • I've got a bunch to do but we just got back from the honeymoon a few days ago.  Right now, our priority is to get our apartment functional.  My stuff is taking up the entire second bedroom, which is fine but the wedding gifts, our honeymoon stuff and DH's inability to throw old stuff out or donate that which is still usable made our apartment incredibly difficult to navigate.  We donated FIFTEEN trashbags full of his clothes today!!!!  Now I have half of the closet and half of the drawers so I can start unpacking my boxes in the second bedroom.  Also, all of the wedding gifts have been unpacked, assembled and put away in the kitchen.  We made a list of who gave us what so I can remember everything when it comes time to write the notes.  I don't think I'm going to enlist DH's help to write them, though.  When he wrote his groomsmen their thank you notes they were absolutely amazing but it took him such a long time to write them out.  I had ten done in the time it took him to write five.  Granted, mine were pretty standard notes but they were personalized for each of my girls and vendors and they got the point across.  His made his guys feel like they were rockstars lol.  Maybe I should get him to write the notes…hehee.  Nahh, there's no way I'm patient enough for that.  I'll do them while he's at work this week and I'm bored playing the stay at home wifey role :-P
  • Wow! You all are great, we are a little over one month out from the wedding and I have not even ordered the thank you cards yet. I mean I know where I am getting them from, I just have not done it yet! My hubby and I went right into house hunting mode after we got back from our honeymoon. Our offer was accepted on a house so we are going through all of the paperwork now! We are almost done and our closing date is June 14. I am hoping to order the thank yous this week!

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh, I know they won't compare thank you notes, I just meant that I feel bad about writing the same thing over and over so many times.  lol

I'm not asking H to help.  I sent him to pick out a thank you card for his BM and he came back with one that had a dog on the front wearing a sombrero, and inside it said "Pooches Gracias."  SMH  I'll finish these myself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Oh, I know they won't compare thank you notes, I just meant that I feel bad about writing the same thing over and over so many times.  lol

I'm not asking H to help.  I sent him to pick out a thank you card for his BM and he came back with one that had a dog on the front wearing a sombrero, and inside it said "Pooches Gracias."  SMH  I'll finish these myself. 
    Haha! At least it's for his BM and it's not like he wants to send those to everyone else too. Good luck finishing them off :)
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I have about 25 left to write. H and I typed all of them out on the computer to try and make things easier, but after writing 5 my hand stops working. When they are complete I will have written about 130 thank you's. I want to send them out all together so I feel bad that they aren't done yet. We have all of the generic ones done for the most part so now we need to do the ones for our family and friends; and as pathetic as this sounds, I cry when I write them because I am truly so thankful for their help!

Christine - congratulations on the house!!

• I just ordered our thank you cards this morning, so don't feel bad - I'm behind as well. Since we have been back from our honeymoon, H and I have not been able to relax. We've had an event of some sort every weekend. So hopefully, they ship sooner than expected and can get a good amount of them out next weekend.

Christine -congrats!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Haven't even started on mine yet. We are ordering them with one of our pictures on it. Need the picture in order to do that...my sister is taking forever to edit them! I told her to just edit the one we wanted for the thank you card, which she finally did. Now to order them and start on them!
  • We finished ours last weekend, but just got a card from one of my aunts so I have to dig everything out again. We had done all of them as they had come in so I think we only had to do 10 or so after the wedding.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards