Favors

Lindt favors?

I am considering using Lindt chocolates as my favor.  You can get 3 bags of 75 truffles for $55.  So I can give my guests about 4 truffles for around $100.  Does that sound reasonable?  Has anyone used them in the summer?  I'm worried about them melting in June.

Re: Lindt favors?

• Keep them in a freezer until a few hours before the wedding, and they should be frozen solid.  Not wet, just cold.  They will thaw in time for the reception.  They can be stored in the favor bags, which can then be stored in big freezer bags, to avoid any wetness or odor from the freezer's other contents. 
  • Mmmmmm!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • yum! however, just know that favors are totally optional and are a easy place to save money/time. 
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    Keep them in a freezer until a few hours before the wedding, and they should be frozen solid.  Not wet, just cold.  They will thaw in time for the reception.  They can be stored in the favor bags, which can then be stored in big freezer bags, to avoid any wetness or odor from the freezer's other contents. 
    Won't the chocolate sweat in the wrapper, especially if it goes from frozen to a warm (possibly hot) outdoor setting? 
  • Just wanted to update everyone!  I decided to do it!  I bought the chocolates for $110, spend $10 on tulle circles, and $4 on ribbon.  I'm giving each guest 5 truffles so I had plenty of extra to 'test' while I put them together.  It took about 4 hours to assemble 80+ favors.  They shipped them with large ice packs.  The truffles have been doing fine without the ice and no AC in 80 degree weather.  I plan on putting ice packs on them in the mornings when the temp. will be in the 90s and I don't have the AC on.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards