November 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon Planning

I know there have already been threads but has anyone nailed down honeymoon plans yet?

FI and I are doing Hawaii. We were able to use my airline miles to get one leg of the trip, which really cut down costs (we have a weird itinerary anyway because we are getting married OOT).

Haven't booked hotels or anything yet but we are doing Kauai and Maui, 12 days (!!!). We have never been to Hawaii and wanted to do something that's out of the way (since we live on the east coast and have done the Caribbean).

What's everyone else doing?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Honeymoon Planning

• We booked ours to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. I wanted something that was all inclusive since I had to already make so  many decisions about the wedding.

I have never been and I am soo excited.

I wanted to go to Hawaii but the FI has been. That is exciting I don't know if I could go back to work after 12 days
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im going to watch this post because I need ideas

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • We're doing the Sandals Grande St. Lucian... I've already told my friends and family that I may never come home ;) 
  • Yay beach vacations :)

we purchased our plane tickets as one-way flights because we're flying from the city we're getting married in, but need to return to where we live, and it was SO hard buying the return ticket!!! I liked when we had an open-ended flight to Oahu :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• We are doing Hawaii too!!  11/11-11/17!  Oahu... we booked through Costco and got a great deal on hotel, activities, and airfare. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • We're planning on going to Universal Studios for a week.  Thanks to not knowing my school schedule for next year yet, we can't plan it quite yet.  It'll be a delayed honeymoon, but it'll give us something to look forward to during the craziness of fourth year med school. We're just psyched to spend a week riding roller coasters and going to Harry Potter world!
    Anniversary
  • We're going to Cancun for 5 nights all-inclusive.  It's the Grand Park Royal and we're staying in a suite with a private sun deck and dipping pool!  Very, very excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are taking a 10 day Mediterranean cruise. FIs idea, and his parents are givingitto us as a weddinggift.
  • Berlinie, I am also interested in taking a mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon. Was wondering if you could share some more information? Cost, where you will stop, what it includes? Thanks!! :) 
  • We don't have our honeymoon planned yet. We're waiting to see how much we have left in our budget once we get most of our planning done. We are thinking about either Disneyland or Tofino ( a small island city off the coast of BC). Disneyland would be fun because in High School we went on a band trip there, and it's where we really got to know each other, and we started dating not quite a month after our trip. Tofino, on the other hand would be nice, because it's a lot closer and we would be going over during storm season, and we both love stormy weather. I'm leaning towards Disneyland, as I think it would be fun to do while we are childless, and Tofino would be easier to get to for a weekend away, but my FI is leaning towards Tofino. So we will see.

We might end up doing neither and planning a bigger trip if I can get another week off work. I have the week before and the week after the wedding off, and then a co-worker has scheduled the last week in Nov. off as holidays, but she was thinking of changing her plans, so if she does then I will take the last week of Nov. off and we will plan a bigger trip. My FI would love to go to England, and so would I, but I think it might be too costly. He would also love to see some of the eastern states, so maybe we'd do that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• We are going to Disneyland and taking our 2 kids with us. We haven't made any plans yet though, I'm feeling overwhelmed with planning the wedding as it is. 

Flutterfly88...where are you from? I ask because you mentioned being close to Tofino...I'm in Bellingham so I know exactly where Tofino is. 
  • We are going to Sandals resort in St. Lucia at Halcyon Beach! We are staying for the week after our November 23rd wedding. We haven't fully decided on what we plan to do there besides go to the beach. We know we want to visit the Pitons and go to this restaurant that one of FI's coworkers mentioned to us. I think it's called Kimonos? I still need to look into snorkeling though, FI definitely wants to do that.
  • We are looking at either going back to the Virgin Islands or going to Antigua.  We're waiting until we get a bit closer to decide for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ShannonRaindrop: I'm from Surrey, BC :) When's your wedding?

•  

ShannonRaindrop: I'm from Surrey, BC :) When's your wedding?

Well howdy neighbor (sort of, lol), I've been through Surrey lots of times! My wedding is November 12th, when's yours? Have you thought about going to Victoria? Maybe you've been there a bunch already though, being so close. It's such a romantic place!
  • miclanmiclan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We are going to the hawaii, the big island :) we are hoping to take a side trip o oahu! i absolutely cannot wait!!
  • We're trying to decide between Hawaii or Jamaica. Our original plan was Greece but I just can not go on the other side of the world and leave my little man. So Greece will be a family trip. I really really want to go to Hawaii. My FI has been there several times, he was in the Navy, so he wants to do Jamaica. We looked at the Sandals Resorts, but still I want to go to Hawaii. We'll decided in the next few weeks I'm sure. 
  • we have not decided yet on where to go! we are talking about getting away to the TN mountains :)
  •  Well howdy neighbor (sort of, lol), I've been through Surrey lots of times! My wedding is November 12th, when's yours? Have you thought about going to Victoria? Maybe you've been there a bunch already though, being so close. It's such a romantic place!
    Nov, 16th. You're getting married on my FI birthday :) Victoria is a nice place, and you're right we have been there a bunch of times. I think I'd be okay with going again though, it just didn't come to mind. :)

• Hi gals! We have gone round and round as to where we want to go on our Honeymoon. We were thinking Argentina/Brazil but kept going back to the fact that there is so much we'd want to see it wouldn't be a very relaxing trip. Mexico is out because we are in Texas and it's just so easy to get to...we can go anytime. SO I think we are looking at Costa Rica now--some beach, some adventure--but Nov. is the tail end of the rainy season there. Have any of you been to CR around that time? Is it too rainy to enjoy? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

• We are doing Barbados. I'm super excited! I just booked it a few days ago. Couples Resort Barbados it opens up in a few weeks so it will still be shiny and new when we go:) going for one week a few days after our wedding. St. Lucia and Hawaii and all the other choices sounds fantastic!!
  • Berlinie, I am also interested in taking a mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon. Was wondering if you could share some more information? Cost, where you will stop, what it includes? Thanks!! :) 
    Norwegian cruise line, ship is the Norwegian Jade. It leaves from Rome, with stops in Naples, Olympia, Athens, Ephesus, Istanbul. Includes all meals. Excursions are extra, but we plan to DIY several of them. It's as low as $549 per person.
  • apa1620apa1620 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    We're heading to Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios, Jamaica! We'll be there for 6 days, 5 nights and staying in a bungalow with butler service (ready to be pampered!). tripadvisor.com is a great site for reviews for hotels, local restaurants and popular things to do wherever you plan to go. I'm on that site at least twice a week to see what all the recent vacationers are saying about our resort. We'll be taking a catamaran cruise to Dunn's River water falls and we also plan to check out Mystic Mountain and ride the Jamaican bobsled ride through the rainforest canopy! Even though the resort is all-inclusive, we plan to hit the city and check out a couple of the local restaurants (more Trip Advisor recommendations). I have more details planned for the honeymoon than our actual wedding! lol :-) November can't come soon enough!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Cabo San Lucas!  Can't wait!
  • We originally were going to go to Hawaii as well!
    However, our budget for the wedding has gone over as he has a large family. Now we are planning on going to Charleston, South Carolina. Fiance went there a long time ago, and I have never been. However, that wasn't my favorite choice.
  • We are unsure of yet. I think a roadtrip would be fun. Just unsure where to go to yet. Any places good places to visit on a roadtrip?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ritterky said:
    We originally were going to go to Hawaii as well!
    However, our budget for the wedding has gone over as he has a large family. Now we are planning on going to Charleston, South Carolina. Fiance went there a long time ago, and I have never been. However, that wasn't my favorite choice.
    Charleston is lovely, though. I think you will really enjoy it! 

We thought really hard about doing an AI but ultimately, I am really picky and have some food allergies so we're avoiding that for now. In my mind I am already planning our next big trips though and an AI is on the list :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• FI and I aren't honeymooning until later. Money is tight, so we may make the first anniversary celebration our honeymoon.

We're leaning toward a trip to Nashville. Although we've already been there, we were only able to spend part of a day actually doing the tourist thing as we were down there to visit family nearby. We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back. FFIL drives for a local charter company, so FI and I will get breaks on travel once we're married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Park City, Utah. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them but it's beautiful and the short flight was a big plus (we live in California). I had enough Hilton points to score a free week at the Waldorf Astoria so I think it's going to be great. But honestly when planning this, I was really thinking I would be happy going any where.
  • Costa Rica for 10 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards