Favors

Chocolate covered oreos

kdjjkdjj member
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
I was debating favors. I knew I wanted something edible, but I couldn't decide what. I thought about Krispy Kremes, sticky buns, muffins, scones, brownies, s'mores. You name it, I probably thought about it. I lurked on this board. A reg (can't remember who) mentioned a love for a chocolate covered oreo. So that was added to my list. I lOVE oreos and I LOVE chocolate. This weekend, I purchased oreos - 4 different types, and I purchased chocolate - 3 different types. I bought molds and went to town. Oh. Em. Gee. Amazing! Thank you the reg who mentioned their enjoyment. I wish I could remember who it was.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chocolate covered oreos

• I love chocolate covered oreos! Can I come? :D They are SO good.

I think that it is @MrsGandthebeag that is the one that posts about them most often.

• I love chocolate covered oreos!  Mmmmm.  
  • Yum! Hard to do?
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Ha. It was probably me. They are the best things ever! Enjoy!
  • kdjjkdjj member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    @NYCMercedes not at all and pretty quick. I melted the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of almost boiling water on he stove then spooned some into the mold, pressed a cookie into the chocolate in the mold and then spooned a little over it. Tapping the mold on the counter to get rid of air bubbles and flatten. Then placed in the fridge for about 15 minutes. My favorite so far was the blonde oreos with dark chocolate. @itzMs thanks! Thought about making more tonight, but I'm exhausted. eta-spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kdjj said:
    @NYCMercedes not at all and pretty quick. I melted the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of almost boiling water on he stove then spooned some into the mold, pressed a cookie into the chocolate in the mold and then spooned a little over it. Tapping the mold on the counter to get rid of air bubbles and flatten. Then placed in the fridge for about 15 minutes. My favorite so far was the blonde oreos with dark chocolate. @itzMs thanks! Thought about making more tonight, but I'm exhausted. eta-spelling

Wow, I didn't even know there were molds!  I'm definitely getting some and making these for holidays/events.  :D
  • Ohhhhh yes, my favorite.  Best favor ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards