Registry and Gift Forum

Registry site for artisanal goods

I am looking for a registry site where I can register for handblown goblets, handmade ceramic dishes, eco-friendly cutting boards, linens, etc.  Does anyone know of a site like this other than etsy?  I would like something more curated and less of a hobbyist type of offering. 

Thank you! 

Re: Registry site for artisanal goods

• I'm sure you don't mean it that way, but describing Etsy artists as 'hobbyists' is a bit snooty-sounding and insulting. Granted, there are a lot of resellers that never seem to get dealt with, and not everyone is at the same level talentwise, but there are certainly quite a large number of true artists that may be found there.

Having been on Etsy for some years now, both as buyer and seller, I can tell you there have been numerous attempts at spinoff 'curated' sites, with actual application processes and so on, which have universally bombed or else been forced to open their doors to all to stay in business.
  • Are the items you want available online?  If so, you can use Amazon's universal registry to add them to an Amazon registry.
  • awaghorne said:
    I am looking for a registry site where I can register for handblown goblets, handmade ceramic dishes, eco-friendly cutting boards, linens, etc.  Does anyone know of a site like this other than etsy?  I would like something more curated and less of a hobbyist type of offering. 

Thank you! 
    How about Ten Thousand Villages?
  • Etsy definitely has some amazingly talented craftsman. I am a big fan of a handful of artists on the site. I apologize if what I said came across as offensive. 

Thanks for the insight! 
  • Ten Thousand Villages!!!
  • I'm really no help here, but just wanted to weigh in with "What a great idea!" I hope you find that kind of a site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards