October 2014 Weddings

Planning Progress

Ceremony site-  done
Mass time scheduled and confirmed with church-  done
Officiant-  done
Reception site-  Booked, deposit down.
Date set-  done
Transportation-  Booked, deposit down.
Photographers-  1 more meeting, then should be booking and making deposit.

The Dress- style found, deposit down.  Measurements and order in a few months.
BM Dresses- Colors chosen, samples ordered.  I am having mismatched BM's so it's up to them to find the dress that they love and want to wear :-)

FI and I meet with the DOC and Head Chef at our reception venue later this summer to discuss menu ideas, and we will try and meet with the bartenders at that time too to discuss Signature Drink ideas. . . then schedule tastings for both food and cocktails, yay!

My mom and I also want to make arrangements to have brunch at our reception site one weekend and get permission to take measurements and some photos so we can plan the floral arrangements. .. we are making the table centerpieces, and some topiaries, swags, and other arrangements to decorate the space.  We don't have to do a whole lot though, because the reception site is gorgeous.

FI and I have to start looking for a DJ, too.

How are things coming for you ladies?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: Planning Progress

• TeddiD34TeddiD34 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Venue: Booked, deposit made
    DJ: Booked, deposit made
    Harpist: Booked
    DoC: Booked, deposit made
    Photographer: Booked, deposit made
    Date set: obviously!! :)
    Florist: Booked (it's my sister doing it as a wedding gift. Yay!)

I'm holding off on dress-looking, just to be safe about what I choose (my taste tends to change quite a bit).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Venue - been chosen - will be putting down payment at end of june
    Dress - bought paid for and in the closet at home
    Photography - e -pix done and printed, photographer chosen
    Officiant - chosen, but have not spoken with (step dad's uncle is a minister)
    Flowers - chosen - will be doing silks with my FMIL
    BM Dresses - color is chosen, will not order for over a year 
    DJ - aquantence of FI who will give a a great deal 
    Favors - chosen - will by DIY
    DOC/Caterer/Cake - have met and sat down with - is a friend of my mothers through the BSA (step dad is a district exec.)

everything is pretty much PLANNED in my mind with the exception of a menu and like spot light dance songs and music style. I just need to save and buy lol. 

Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Planning Progress:
    [QUOTE]Venue - been chosen - will be putting down payment at end of june Dress - bought paid for and in the closet at home Photography - e -pix done and printed, photographer chosen Officiant - chosen, but have not spoken with (step dad's uncle is a minister) Flowers - chosen - will be doing silks with my FMIL BM Dresses - color is chosen, will not order for over a year  DJ - aquantence of FI who will give a a great deal  Favors - chosen - will by DIY DOC/Caterer/Cake - have met and sat down with - is a friend of my mothers through the BSA (step dad is a district exec.) everything is pretty much PLANNED in my mind with the exception of a menu and like spot light dance songs and music style. I just need to save and buy lol. 
    Posted by smalfrie19[/QUOTE]

So far, the saving part is the most un-fun part :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to Re: Planning Progress:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Planning Progress : So far, the saving part is the most un-fun part :(
    Posted by TeddiD34[/QUOTE]

Its not too bad. I have a "Saving plan" based on mine and my FI's paychecks and what we are making right now. But both of us are hoping for a promotion in the next 18 months. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Planning Progress:
    [QUOTE]Ceremony site -  done Mass time scheduled and confirmed with church -  done Officiant -  done Reception site -  done Date set -  done Transportation -  done Photographers -  1 more meeting, then done. The Dress - style found, deposit down.  Measurements and order in a few months. BM Dresses - Colors chosen, samples ordered.  I am having mismatched BM's so it's up to them to find the dress that they love and want to wear :-) FI and I meet with the DOC and Head Chef at our reception venue later this summer to discuss menu ideas, and we will try and meet with the bartenders at that time too to discuss Signature Drink ideas. . . then schedule tastings for both food and cocktails, yay! My mom and I also want to make arrangements to have brunch at our reception site one weekend and get permission to take measurements and some photos so we can plan the floral arrangements. .. we are making the table centerpieces, and some topiaries, swags, and other arrangements to decorate the space.  We don't have to do a whole lot though, because the reception site is gorgeous. FI and I have to start looking for a DJ, too. How are things coming for you ladies?
    Posted by cmsciulli[/QUOTE]

hey lady YGPM!
    Anniversary
  • des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hello lovely ladies!  I haven't done much, but I think I got a few important things done!

1. Reception site: booked!
    2. Photographer: booked!
    3. Makeup artist: booked!
    4. Cookie table decorations: purchased and just toying with the arrangements
    5. My half of the save-the-dates (I'm doing a library card of important dates and he's doing a train ticket): done!
    6. Wedding wands: done!
    7. Wedding arch: in the works!
    8. Guest hotel accommodations, rehearsal dinner room, and wedding night room: booked!
    9. Wedding gown, veil, and shoes: purchased!
    10. Mercury glass votives: done!

My goal for this month is to research ceremony locations, visit a few, and book a venue as soon as possible.  I'll be able to get a lot of our "big ticket" vendors booked once school lets out.  My classroom is just crazy right now!  I've included some pictures of my ideas below... hope you guys enjoy them!

Cookie table arrangement

Wedding wands

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Venue - booked! Villa Borghese in Wappingers Falls!
    Ceremony site- Will be at the Venue
    Officiant-  done. My FI grandmother will be marrying us!
    Date set-  Sunday the 5th
    Transportation-  Looked into different places online, really haven't thought much about it. 
    Photographers-  Deposit down!
    DJ - Deposit down!
    The Dress- Planning to look this fall. I have deff looked online a lot though. 
    BM Dresses- Not picked. I will be picking brand/color/length and the girls can then chose what they feel most comfortable/beautiful in. I will most likely be going with Dessy just because my girls are all over the US. 

It seems so far away! I am already tinkering online with invitations/STD and programs. Cant we just fast forward!??!
  • keochankeochan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Venue: booked with deposit and 2 of 12 payments down.
    DJ: Meeting with him this weekend to put down deposit and sign the contract
    Officiant: Done. Our old youth pastor will be coming from California to marry us
    Date: Set, Friday the 24th
    Cake: Have a tasting this month which will decide if we choose this person
    Photography/Video: Selected, working out a time to meet
    The Dress: Done!
    BM dresses and MOH tux: Budget discussed and colors and general style decided on.
    Catering: Making some calls today, but I think we found our guy
    Invites: Created design, working on test runs

If we stick to our plan, we'll have everything booked and paid off by the end of the year!

• Wow, you ladies make me feel so far behind on our planning! Kudos to all of you for getting stuff done!
  • TeddiD34TeddiD34 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
  • Date: set for October 11th!
    Venue/Ceremony Site: Booked with a deposit! The Lake Club in Clove Lakes Park
    Dress: Purchased and its absolutely lovely.
    Officiant: will be an long time family friend.
    Photographer: Booked with a deposit! So excited to have Julia of OLOL shooting our wedding!
    Bridesmaids Dresses: Not picked- but tons of inspiration being thrown around!
    Florist: meeting this Saturday.
    DJ: We haven't found one we are in love with.
    Cake: Still searching....
    All Wedding Stationery: I am designing myself ;)
    Grooms Attire: He's decided on what he wants- just has to pick it up!
    Groomsmen- will be wearing black suits.

Still working on tons of little details like favors, favor holders, guest book, cake toppers, wedding ring bands, decor etc etc....
    and also some big things like guest accommodations, rehearsal dinner, DJ, bridal party gifts and so on. All in all very exciting stuff!

• OH wow... Boy do I feel like a slacker. We haven't done anything save for chose the date we want. Guess I might want to start planning... Eek. 
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Korry9Korry9 member
    First Comment
    Wow, there's definitely different levels of completeness as far as wedding preparation going on. If you haven't got a whole ton done by now that's okay. We still have a lot of time yet. Here's my status:

Date: Picked
    Ceremony location: Booked
    Photographer: Booked
    Reception Hall: In progress. I've visited two spaces and have two more I want to visit before we decide.
    Wedding dress: I know what style I want, but I'm still shopping around for something affordable.
    Bridesmaid dresses: I know what style I want but won't pick them out until I get my dress.
    Caterer: Know who we want
    Cake: Know who we want. Won't book until we have a reception hall booked.
    Guest list: In progress
    Invitations, etc.: I'm a designer so I'm handling all designs and print coordination, as well as designing our website (I'm not going to use one of the Knot's pre-templated websites).

I think that's it so far. I have ideas for centerpieces, favors, etc., but I'm going to wait on those a bit yet.
  • I feel so behind!! haha. Everyone I've talked to keeps saying why are you planning your wedding so early?! I keep bouncing around between having enough time, having too much/too little.  So we'll see. 
    Here's what I have done so far: 

Date: picked 
    Venue (same for ceremony and reception): Booked and Deposit down 
    Menu: Mostly figured out, doing a tasting later in the fall 
    Wedding Dress: Found, but not ordered yet. Still shopping around to just make sure 
    Bridesmaid's Dress: Still looking, but I've finally decided on a color 
    Guest List: mostly nailed down 
    Save the Dates: Waiting on our engagement shoot, so it'll happen once we find a photographer 
    Invites: Still collecting ideas but I know the general structure and I'll be doing them myself. 

Everything else we're still working on. 
    I'm meeting with a few different photographers in the next couple weeks. We've already met with one, but she was ridiculously expensive! I also have meetings set for DJs to chat with them.  I have no idea on flowers/cake yet.  And I'm clueless on how I want the favors and centerpieces to be.  So we'll see.  Looking for some inspiration on those.  Our venue is beautiful so very little decorations need to be done, thankfully! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Date: picked, obvi
    Ceremony and reception Venue: booked/deposit paid
    Dj: included with venue, most songs already picked
    Photographer: booked/ deposit paid
    STD: paid for and printed, just need to finish getting all the addresses before sending
    invites: designing myself, so finalizing what I want them to look like
    wedding dress: still looking
    bridesmaid dresses: colors picked, style not finalized
    Groomsmen: buying/renting own suit, no tuxes
    makeup/hair: booked
    florist: in process of meeting with different ones
    dessert: decided on dessert buffet, need to finalize specifics closer to date
    food: narrowed down, need to finalize closer to date

I wish we were getting married THIS October instead of next, because I feel like I just want to hurry up and get the planning over with so we can be married already!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards