Louisiana-New Orleans

Reviews?

Any reviews on the following would be much appreciated!

Acme Oyster House, Reef Room- rehearsal dinner

Michael Caswell- photographer

Carriage Films- videographer

John Zimmer- officiant

The Rose Garden- venue

Re: Reviews?

• We are having our reception at The Rose Garden in November and are very excited! Vita is WONDERFUL and has answered all my questions quickly! I have been to a wedding here and the food is very very good. I have not hear anything bad about them either through my research. I would recommend it!
  • I don't know about anything else, but Acme is delicious!
  • I looked at Rose Garden. I second that Vita was extremely sweet. I was also able to meet her husband. He's the cook and talked to us for a good bit about the food.

We're using John Zimmer. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! I went to a wedding last June that he did and he was AMAZING! He made us laugh/cry at the same time. He did a great job at highlighting the love my friends had for each other although he had never met them! I spoke to him for about 20 minutes on the phone months ago, and he almost made me cry just talking about the ceremony! FI will be calling him next month to see if we can do a meet up but I am fully confidant that he will do a wonderful job. He also came highly recommended by my venue.
  • edited April 2013
    Zimmer is amazing. We were married by Rev. Zimmer on March 9th, 2013.  I'll be honest and say I'm a photographer in town, but I'm not affiliated with him at all. 

I have seen so many couples get married by him and each ceremony is personal and heartwarming. One of my favorites was from a few years ago was where the bride and groom met during a stage production of Peter Pan. The groom was the a stage hand and held the wires for the bride who was playing the flying Peter Pan. So he used an analogy of him holding her up by wires and compared it to how he's going to do the same in their marriage. It had everyone in tears. I have seen so many amazing ceremonious by him. I've also remembered so many ceremonies he's officiated because they stick with you.

Rev. Zimmer was the main reason we chose to get married in New Orleans vs. having a wedding up North where our families live. He's also actually the reason we even chose to even have a wedding vs just eloping. Our ceremony was very, very personal. It had everyone laughing and crying. He told a story of how we met, he also involved our guests in that story. My friends who said they didn't even cry at their own weddings cried. 

Most officiants I see are dry and rushed. Turn towards each other. I do. I do. Rings. Kiss. End. Typical and predictable.

Rev Zimmer is not typical. I've photographed weddings all over the country and have never seen anyone amazing as Zimmer.  I would most definitely highly recommend using him. 
  • We are using Rev Zimmer and ACME as well.  Rev Zimmer was great on the phone and we love Acme so we're looking forward to it, even though they are not the best at communicating!
  • Thanks so much, y'all!
  • I do happen to know that John Zimmer is great.  He always does a wonderful job and can definitely recommend him!  You won't regret it.
  • Zimmer was our officiant and he was awesome! I absolutely recommend him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards