Snarky Brides

Hmm, update and a question

3 weeks and counting. Almost done planning (Im so OCD my goal was to be done by last tuesday). I dunno why but I had this feeling FI and I would be at each others throats nonstop by now. Everything is ironing itself out for the most part.

New Job is going in some direction. My manager had emerg surgery so my training lasted all of 5 patients. eek! Boss quizzed me and said Im good to go. I sure hope hes right. Kinda excited to fully be on my own though, I get way to nervous when I have someone hovering over me. Upside is that Im off early EVERY Friday. Then on Mon/Tues Im off as soon as I get back to the office (I go to 3 different offices every week).

Had another xray on my ankle this week. Im back into a hard brace until my next appt (2 days before the wedding). The big joke of the family is that my aunt is flying out here and has a broken ankle too. Dr said going brace-less is causing too much stress/pressure on it. Ah well, such is life right? We deal with it and we keep going.

Now my question.... Im working on the seating cards and Im stuck on 2 of my guests. My cousin (ok my Ex husbands cousin, who disowned him in the divorce) was invited with her long time boyfriend. Theyve since split and she asked if she can still bring someone. I absolutely had no issue with it as she is driving 3 1/2 hrs to be there to celebrate with me and FI. SHE HAS NO IDEA WHO. What do I put on the card? Is it ok to just put her name on 2 cards? And then another friend of mine was coming with her husband but hes taken a job in Texas (we're in CA) and they dont know when he leaves, either the week before or week after the wedding, if hes gone she is bringing someone else, again no clue who. How do I address this issue or address the name cards?

Thank you ladies for being so seriously amazing during my entire planning process. Im so blessed to have found such an awesome group of brides and brides to be. :-)

Re: Hmm, update and a question

• pinkshorts27pinkshorts27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    Nobody has answered and I haven't had my wedding but I've helped, so I guess this is just my opinion.  I'm not 100 percent sure what etiquette would say, but I would put her name on two cards (as opposed to saying Cousin's Guest), but you could go that route.

Or you could put her name on two cards and then if you have time after you find out the guest's name just make another one.   That way you have a fall back in case you don't have time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh and Congrats! (and sorry about the ankle).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about addressing it as: favorite cousin's guest and friend's guest? Glad to hear the new job is going well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks everyone. I'm thinking friends husband. And then cousins name on 2. I had joked with her that it was going to say "hot cousins hot date" but I can't fit it haha. I only have a couple extra table cards. They were custom made by a friend of mine. She is planning her sisters wedding a week after mine but did these for us in between everything. I picked them up to it, so pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards