Registry and Gift Forum

Handouts for Reception (Terrible Towels) Rallytowels.com

I wasn't sure which board to posts this under so... Gifts!

My fiance and I are planning on ordering some rally towels for our guests. We are huge Steeler fans and want a yellow towel with black lettering similar to that of a terrible towel. There is a website that does them for fairly cheap and great turnaround time (www.rallytowels.com)

Has anyone else out there heard of this company and deem them reputable? I don't want to drop 300$ on something that I never get or is poor quality!

thanks!

Re: Handouts for Reception (Terrible Towels) Rallytowels.com

• Can you order a sample? 
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    You do realize many people will just leave them on the tables at the reception only to be thrown away at the end of the night?
  • edited May 2013

Another Pittsburgher here.  And someone of the opinion that no one wants anything with anyone's name on it. Honestly, if you want to do the Terrible Towels-- I'd just do the Terrible Towels.  I wouldn't personalize them.  People may really enjoy the Terrible Towels, but then again, if they're not fans, they're just going to get thrown away.  I'd just hate for you and FI to spend a bunch of money on something that no one else will appreciate like you do.

ETA: I'd be curious to know what you'd plan on putting on them.  Could you give us an idea? Remember that the Terrible Towels are trademarked.  So if you plan to put anything like "Terrible Towel" on them, I'd be surprised if a company would do that.  Plus, if you'd write that on them, I'd buy the normal ones, especially since a lot of the proceeds go to charity.

• I have no suggestions, I'm just wondering what a rally towel is.

• Viczaesar said:
    I have no suggestions, I'm just wondering what a rally towel is.

photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Also I just got back from the Pens game and I almost lost my free towel.  Thank goodness the nice woman next to me found it.  I would've been very sad.  This was completely unrelated except that we Pittsburgh people love to swing towels. I may take one to the Buccos game tomorrow for good luck.
  • So it's just a towel you wave around? 

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    Viczaesar said:
    So it's just a towel you wave around? 
    Yep.

I agree to skip this. Unless every one of your guests are Steelers fans, you are going to have a lot of these left over. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Viczaesar said:
    So it's just a towel you wave around? 
    Yep.

This definitely you have to know your crowd thing.  As a Jets fan DH would take the towel to wipe his ass with.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I don't get this.  At all.  And ditto PP about guests who aren't fans - H is not a big football guy in general, but he would probably give it to the cat to tear up or use it to clean his car.  If it's not a falcon's thing, he's not interested.

Our "favors" were after dinner mints that we placed in small boxes on the bread & butter plates.  We spent about $20 via Sam's club for a box of like 5,000.  They don't expire for like 3 years, so we are using the left overs when we have company over.  My mother in law also used them for the rehearsal dinner, and my mother used them for the day-after brunch.  People generally seemed to think they were tasty, but if they hated them it was only $20.

You need to assume that your guests will discard your favors and view the favors as money down the drain.  We were willing to pour $20 down the drain, but not much more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I wouldn't turn my wedding into a pep rally...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards