Connecticut

Waterfront venue on a budget... Help!

Hello! I have been looking for a venue to hold my ceremony & reception for a few months now.. I must ask for help!

It's our dream to have our wedding on (or overlooking) a beach, or lake. I'm willing to travel and have been looking at venues in CT, RI, MA, NH, & ME (trying not to go too far north, York is ideal)

I'd prefer to stay away from something traditional or like your normal reception hall or large hotel. I would love to have an outdoor ceremony (but a good backup plan in case of rain) and probably indoor reception. We have a tight budget.. trying to stay around $10,000 Surprised

Maybe a nice restaurant or small inn, as they don't seem as likely to include venue costs? I'm a designer, so I'll be making my invites and decorations to save costs.

Eolia castle was our fave but after the fees it was too expensive.

Anthony's lake club in Danbury, CT is  within our budget but if we can find something on a BEACH so we can continue the party for the weekend with our families, that would really be ideal!!

Please help :)

Re: Waterfront venue on a budget... Help!

• Forgot to add.. the budget is tight and I haven't seen much actually on the beach.

We would be just as happy with a garden type wedding, as long as the venue is in a nice coastal location where we can have a good weekend with family and friends and take a short trip to the beach :)
  • I went on the SAME hunt you are currently going on! After looking at CT and RI I ended up in New Rochelle, NY. They have a strip of venues on the water/beach for a decent price but they are the typical reception hall you said you didn't want. I was going to recommend Anthony's Lake Club because (other than NY) that's honestly the only other do-able place I came across on my search as well. Good luck! 
  • edited May 2013
    Mystic Aquarium - not a beach, but a tank full of water!
    Mystic Seaport- right on the water, not necessarily a "beach"
    Water's Edge - nice but may be expensive
    Westbrook Elk's Lodge - cheaper, but more of a banquet hall
    St. Clements Castle - overlooks a river, but very expensive
  • demkoj1demkoj1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Check out Amarantes in New Haven. There prices are extremely reasonable. 
  • I'd recommend Mystic Seaport. Sunday minimum is 5,000.
  • Costa azzura in Milford is literally on top of the beach and only like $55 a person
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would recommend  Lighthouse Point in New Haven, or Candlelight Farm in New Milford.

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I went on the SAME hunt you are currently going on! After looking at CT and RI I ended up in New Rochelle, NY. They have a strip of venues on the water/beach for a decent price but they are the typical reception hall you said you didn't want. I was going to recommend Anthony's Lake Club because (other than NY) that's honestly the only other do-able place I came across on my search as well. Good luck! 

Ditto was going to suggest NY!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Pavilion in Crystal Lake in Middletown... We had our reception there May 3rd! They have a gazebo up on a hill overlooking the lake (we had an off site ceremony) and a little beach. They have better rates depending on your date.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • Correction it's pavilion on crystal lake... Typing on the phone :)
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!
  • Have you looked into the Windjammer in Westerly, RI. I just recently learned that they do weddings so it may be an option as it is right on the beach. GL!
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    What about Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme?  They have a pavilion that is really pretty, I went to a wedding there 2 years ago.  It is right on the beach too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards