Florida-West Coast

Reviews from 4-13-13

I had an AMAZING wedding, flawless, and its all because I had amazing vendors so I thought I'd share my reviews:

Venue- Tampa Palms Golf and Country Club: A+ I visited about 10 venues before I found the one at Tampa Palms! They has everything I was looking for, I had a very specific vision in mind and they truly let me customize everything! Christy, the coordinator there, is amazing!!! My dream was to have an outdoor ceremony and reception, TPGCC had never done an outdoor wedding reception there, but you would have never known, it was absolutely gorgeous! We held our ceremony on the golf lawn in front of the fountain, cocktail hour on the other side of the lawn, and then reception under the veranda. Food was great, the venue has a small Inn of 25 rooms, which we blocked off and it was like having the whole venue to ourselves (which I guess we did!). We also hosted a brunch the following morning which was delish!

Bakery- Alessi's: A  Melissa was so easy to work with! The cake was delish, my only concern was that the color of the cake was a bit off, but still gorgeous! Alessi's also did our favors (black and white cookies) which they packaged for us with tags and twine I has purchased. They also did our grooms cake which was awesome!!!

Hair/makeup- KyleLynn A+  I am really picky about hair and makeup, I had two other trials (Michelle Renee and Lili's Weddings) but found Kyle Lynn to be the best! I had Marci who was amazing! My girls who didn't opt to get their make up done had all wish they had!

Officant- Jason Sowell A+ Loved him! He is young with a 'cool' vide and we just loved him after meeting him! My husband and I are both Catholic, but getting married outside the church we opted for a non-reglious wedding and Jason was perfect as he let us customize the ceremony. We told him we wanted to do a wine ceremony and gave him an example of one we had found, and he took it and made it so much more special, we had so many complaints about him!

Florist- Brides Bouquet: A+ Debbie is a true artist. I meet with two other florist before deciding on Debbie and found her prices to be the most reasonable, also the most flexible to work within a budget, and I felt like she understood my vision the most. I left her with some inspiration pictures, came back a few months later for a centerpiece viewing and it brought tears to my eyes! She also offers a bouquet viewing the day before your wedding so there are no doubts you will love your flowers--no surprises on the day of your wedding!

Photography- Wes Weber A+ Although we haven't received our photos back, we loved our engagement shoot and Wes and Liz are so great to work with. Again, I also meet with another photographer but we totally clicked with Wes and Liz and their work is amazing!

Videogrpaher- Movie Magic Productions: A+ I haven't received my video back yet, but Ian was great to work with! so easy going, and so much fun to have their! Him and my photographer had worked together several times before which made the whole day go by much smoother. I have several friends who used movie magic also and their videos are amazing!

Ceremony Music- Bella Musica/IBEX A+ We opted for the violin and guitar duo and they were so great! Eric was so easy to work with, there were a couple songs i asked him to play that weren't on their song list and it was no issue at all! they played for a half hour before the ceremony started as guests were arriving, and then also until all guests left the ceremony area.

Cocktail Hour Music- Danny Brantley- A+ Danny is guitarist, who usually plays as bars like world of beer, green iguana, etc. We wanted a one-man band type for our cocktail hour and he was so amazing!!! We was referred to us by a family member, we went to hear him play and hands down he was perfect for our wedding!

Reception Music- Grant Hemond- Ben A+ Ben was so receptive throughout the entire wedding planning process, he called every couple months to check in and then of course closer to the wedding to finalize music choices. Great personality!

Rental Furniture- AFR A+ We rented couches for cocktail hour through AFR, they were so easy to work with, quick to reply to emails, price matched the completion, dependable, and the couches were in great condition!

Lighting- Tampa Lights A+ Robert was great to work with! We wanted some string lights under the veranda and over the cocktail hour space. Tampa Lights came out to the venue told us what we thought would be best for the space, worked within my budget and they came out gorgeous!!

Day of Coordinator- Days Remembered/ Natlaia Day  B+ As a person I love Natalia but if im being honest, she was my hardest vendor to work with. I wanted someone just for the day-of to help with set-up and tear down. I didn't want my bridesmaids or mom to have to do anything! I hired Natalia before I decided on a venue, which as an after thought Christy at Tampa Palms was full-service therefore I didn't need a day-of, but I already had signed the contract. I found Natalia to be flighty at times, and several times found hidden charges. During my time working with her, she hired an assistant Megan, who had no experience. This only worried me because Natalia was expecting a baby the week of my wedding so my fear was that Megan would be left 'alone'. I was not confidant at all and was so glad to have Christy at Tampa Palms, but in the end, Megan was great! I was so overally organized and involved in research and planning, and had a very specific vision that I didn't find her services necessary, but in the end I was glad to have Megan and they worked great with Christy at TPGCC!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews from 4-13-13

• Opps I forgot one!

Stationary: Tampa Calligraphy A+  Diane did the printing for my invitation envelopes, place cards, menus, and brunch announcements. They all came out wonderful! Her turn around time was always a day or two, she was very easy to work with and her work is such nice quality! For my menu's I had showed her a picture of one I liked from Pintrest and she was able to re-create it, she provided drafts so you always knew what you were getting! We had some last minute changes on our guest list (like week of changes) and she was able to get me a couple new place cards with time to spare! I plan on using her for invites and such in the future!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Diane Berube too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards