Pre-wedding Parties

shower nerves

Hi Ladies,

My shower is this weekend and I'm really nervous...  I have always been the one hosting the shower but now that it's my turn I'm really nervous about being the "center" of attention.  Do you have any advice on how to handle all this attention?  I'm really excited but also very nervous. 

Thanks,

Nicol

Re: shower nerves

• I don't think there's much to be nervous about. The people coming are friends and family, yes? They like you; you like them. Mostly you'll be seated, eating, and opening gifts, just like when you were a kid having a birthday party. Relax and enjoy!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Is your FI coming? H came to both of ours, and helped open gifts and such. It really helped for him to take some of the spotlight off of me.

Other than that, Addie's right. If you do find yourself getting nervous, you could always make yourself busy. For me, that came in the form of refilling coffee cups or handing out bingo boards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just had mine last weekend and I was also nervous. My fiancee came, which helped, but it also helped that everyone was mingeling while I was opening the gifts so it took the spotlight off of me for a bit. Youll be fine once you get there!
  • I get it.  I hate being the center of attention too.  Just know that those few hours will go by fast and you'll be among good company.  Immediately upon entering my shower, my nerves went away and I was able to enjoy it.  I think the anticipation makes us more nervous than the actual event.  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards