New Jersey

Jillyan Scarpa

Hi girls. Did anyone have trouble with her calling you back? I finally emailed her and she told me she would call me tomorrow and that was a few days ago. She also confirmed she is available for my wedding. Just curious. Thanks.

Re: Jillyan Scarpa

• silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2013
    I emailed her over about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. It worries me a little when vendors don't respond within a reasonable amount of time
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree. She answered in email twice saying she would call me.
  • mss274mss274 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    She cancelled on me twice last minute for my trial.
  • That's not a good sign.
  • she cancelled on me on may 5th for my trial. was the day of my bridal shower. she didnt even tell me i waited half an hour outside her salon. she didnt answer my calls or emails, but her husband answered my text finally saying jillyan was in the hospital with appendix issues... um ok
  • I know she uses Mac products. Do you guys have any other recommendations?
  • i tried Gina Brozon, but she was already booked for my date. i believe she also uses MAC.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love my makeup artist. Had the trial already. Her name is Michelle Rivera - http://www.truebutterfleyes.com/About.html

I believe she uses MAC products, she was so sweet and easy to work with, and very responsive by email!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

she cancelled on me on may 5th for my trial. was the day of my bridal shower. she didnt even tell me i waited half an hour outside her salon. she didnt answer my calls or emails, but her husband answered my text finally saying jillyan was in the hospital with appendix issues... um ok

I'm pretty sure she used the same excuse when she cancelled on a friend if mine a couple of years ago.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Thanks for the information on Michelle. Yeah Gina was booked on my date too.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm so surprised to hear how unresponsive Jillyan is being. I used her for my wedding on May 4th. She also did my makeup for my e-pics and I had a trial with her in March. I never had a problem with getting in touch with her. 

• I was going to contact her for hair and make up put now I'm nervous. I read a lot of good reviews about Jillyan and Jaime. Dont know what to do.......
  • Jillyan never returns phone calls... I don't trust that! I heard Jaime left she did my trial and I loved it and I tried to book her but I heard from someone else that she's not there anymore! Feel so lost!
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @PrincessNikki4, @Bridetobebonnie - don't despair, there are LOTS of good makeup and hair vendors out there!  Do a search or just look at the last few pages of posts here, I'm certain there have been a few threads on the issue recently.  Also if you look at my "Welcome to NJ" post there is a link to the NJ Vendor Review website with lots of good reviews for reliable vendors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Hi Ladies,

I am sorry to hear about the lack of communication from these vendors - that can be so frustrating and stressful! Just wanted to add in my recommendation - I am using Donna from Amazing Face NJ - she has always been very responsive from my intial inquiry to booking my first trial to now booking a 2nd appt to do a facial before my wedding. She has def been on top of communicating back and i have her email but she is great at texting back right away which is so fast and convenient! I would highly recommend Donna based on my experience  :)

Good luck ladies & i second @jcg98 - there are a lot of great hair & makeup vendors that are still available and great at reaching!

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Thanks so much for all your info!!!!!
  • I called Michelle Rivera and she was so quick with a response. I'm having my trial in my shower on June 30.
  • lauraminnlauraminn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
    I called Michelle Rivera and she was so quick with a response. I'm having my trial in my shower on June 30.
    Michelle is awesome, so glad you reached out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am surprised about Jillyan, she has never done my make up but I have worked with her when she used to do facial's at her place and always had a great experience. She is doing my fiance's sisters make up for her wedding and I believe all their communication has been timely. what time of the week or day are you calling. Remember we are all human...it might be her business but there always comes a time when you make a note to call someone and then something distracts you and it gets lost in the cracks. If you are writing on the weekends or calling on the weekends I wouldn't expect a call until the weekend ends because its wedding season and most people are booked. but if you are working with her just keep trying her I am sure she will get back to you. 
    For make up though I am using Dona Massa. I met her way before I met Jillyan Scarpa. I love her I get her by email super easy and frequently. donamakeup@comcast.net
  • Love Jillyan Scarpa! I used her for my wedding and had great communication with her. She's such a great person. Since my wedding I have used her to do my makeup for other occasions. She's even met me at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning to do my makeup at her studio. Again, I am very surprised to hear these comments. Never had a problem getting in touch with her.
  • I've called during the week and left messages multiple times. When no response I emailed her. She emailed she would call me the next day. It came and went and I emailed her again and her response was the same line. I did not hear from her and still haven't. If I can't get her to call back then I can't trust her to show up I feel or she just might too busy. In the first email though she did say she was available for my wedding.
  • I've called during the week and left messages multiple times. When no response I emailed her. She emailed she would call me the next day. It came and went and I emailed her again and her response was the same line. I did not hear from her and still haven't. If I can't get her to call back then I can't trust her to show up I feel or she just might too busy. In the first email though she did say she was available for my wedding.
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't trust anyone who is unreliable.  I would be a nervous wreck my wedding day wondering if she'd show up.  There are many great MUAs out there......keep looking.
  • I just have to post since my wedding was almost 2 years ago but Jillyan cancelled 3am the night before my wedding via email not phone as she was having her appendix removed in emergency surgery. Seems that she has multiple appendixes. I was happy w my trial but I wouldnt recommend her. I have a sneaky feeling (as someone who work in media) that when a last minute TV/print job calls her, she cancels the less profitable bridal. I dont know this for a fact, but its certainly how I felt after realizing how many ppl she did this to.
  • Kpan123 said:
    I just have to post since my wedding was almost 2 years ago but Jillyan cancelled 3am the night before my wedding via email not phone as she was having her appendix removed in emergency surgery. Seems that she has multiple appendixes. I was happy w my trial but I wouldnt recommend her. I have a sneaky feeling (as someone who work in media) that when a last minute TV/print job calls her, she cancels the less profitable bridal. I dont know this for a fact, but its certainly how I felt after realizing how many ppl she did this to.
    Wow, that is awful and rotten of her.  I hope karma comes back to bite her in the ass if she's really doing this.
  • that is kind of scary though she is doing the make up for my soon to be sister in law's wedding. I really hope that this is not the case. I feel like if it was there would be more bad reviews elsewhere. Wishing and praying.
  • Its hard to say-I didnt leave a bad review because at the time I never thought it was a lie and hoped she was OK. After I found out how many times she has been "sick" on other people and with a similar illness, it certainly made me wonder. Its not something u can really prove, although I do know someone who is facebook friends with her and based on her posts the day of my wedding and after, it didnt appear she was in the hospital or sick at all.I have no proof and maybe she is just sickly, but its weird. Its also weird that her husband always texts/emails ppl to cancel for her and never a call- is it really him cancelling? Just if u hire her, make sure  u have a trial w her back up person and discuss her plan B with her in advance.
  • See that would make me too scared!!!! It's a shame because I really heard good things about her work. She was one of the makeup artists I was looking at. I heard good things about Jaime that does hair there. Was going to get a trial with her. Has anyone used her?
  • I'm using Donna Lance and I love her. I already had my trial and she did a fantastic job. She is always responsive and nice and even dealt with the chaos of doing my trial at my moms house while there were a ton of people and dogs running around. That made me feel confident that she works well under pressure. I considered jillyan too but I read a few reviews about her being unreliable so I just didn't want to take a chance. However I have heard from friends who go to her for non-wedding things she does a great job.
  • Thanks so much. I'm going to check her out. I know that's kind of what turned me off about Jillyan. Her she's good but unreliable and that's not what you want the day of your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards