Connecticut

September Honeymoon

So I have a few questions for my CTers!! We are getting married September 20, 2014, I know it can rain anywhere, but I think we may avoid the Caribbean since its hurricane season and head toward Mexico. Has anyone every honeymooned or vacationed in Mexico toward the end of September? If so, where do you recommend? Looking for somewhere all inclusive if possible. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: September Honeymoon

• edited May 2013
    We went in June, but we loved the Valentin Imperial Maya. It's a medium sized resort on a big amount of land, so it never felt crowded. One beautiful beach, two pools (one's technically the swim-up to some rooms, but it's a nice quiet pool too), lots of activities, a handful of restaurants, etc. All very good. Plus it was within 20-30min bus ride of Xel-Ha and Xplor and Xcaret, which made the bus ride just long enough to get some sun screen and a snack before off loading. There should be more information in my Married Bio reviews.
  • My wedding is in September and we booked our honeymoon for Aruba (which is outside of the hurricane belt). I really wanted to go to Mexico because it's SO MUCH cheaper!! But I read far too many things in my research that freaked me out about potential hurricanes. Try looking at the Divi in Aruba. It's all inclusive and I've only heard nice things about it!
  • We have been to Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya! We loved it so much we stayed at the same chain when we went to Jamaica the next year. AMAZING RESORTS WITH AMAZING FOOD! please look into it!
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mego721mego721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for all the tips!!
  • We were an early October honeymoon and we opted for Aruba since all inclusive was not something we were interested in Mexico was not on the list. We loved loved Aruba, very safe island and the restaurants were awesome plus the weather is amazing.
  • We did Aruba in November as part of a cruise and loved it. Actually all of our islands were perfectly fine weather wise in mid-November!
  • My matron of honor went on her honeymoon to Mexico last October for the same reason...to avoid hurricane season...and they had guess what...a terrible hurricane that flooded their room! I would say go for Aruba!
  • We are leaving or our honeymoon September 16 for 10 nights on the island of Kauai in Hawaii!
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards