Rhode Island
Options

Newport RI or Block Island Bachelorette Party

Hi! I am looking to do a long weekend in either Newport or Block Island for my bach this August.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay/what to do in either of these places??

Ideally I'd love to rent a house but am not having much luck! Any suggestions/thoughts in general on these locations are much appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

Re: Newport RI or Block Island Bachelorette Party

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi! I am looking to do a long weekend in either Newport or Block Island for my bach this August.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay/what to do in either of these places??

Ideally I'd love to rent a house but am not having much luck! Any suggestions/thoughts in general on these locations are much appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Try posting this on the 'Local Wedding Boards.' The Rhode Island brides should be able to help you.

<<<----------------Follow the arrows : )

• Options
    LOVE block island :) that's where we got engaged...although - there is more to DO in npt...if you do go to BI - I would rec the harborside inn-FI and I have stayed there twice...but the rooms are not that big. for a bach party - you are probably looking for a suite style and yes a house would be a better option. try looking at block islandinfo.com if you havent already. i also love the spring house - but it's a lot in the summer. NPT - not really a scene for renting houses - but i would try and get a suites at the marriott or hyatt - so you are within walking distance. you could also look into pelham court hotel or newport beach hotel and suites. NPT is filled with things to do. check out gonewport.com....hope this helps somewhat!
  • Options
    Not sure what your budget is but my suggestions for newport are:

Quality Inn and Suites. These rooms are a walk to the beach (ABC area) and they offer a pull out couch with 2 queens or a king bed, this is a more affordable option.

the Pelamn Court Hotel is really cute kind of Inn and it offers larger rooms right downtown.

Also, you can look into a time share rental (renting from the owner) at the Wyndham that is downtown.

For other hotels in hte area I really like the Hyatt or the viking.
    Have you considered a BnB/?>

On block island there aren't a lot of inventory of houses. My suggestion would be to rent a home in Narragansett or Goat island and then take the ferry one or two days to the island.

Otherwise, there are some hotels on the island like the SPring house mentioned above.

the other option if you are interested is to charter a boat that would be able to sleep a few girls and do something like that.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Copied my response from your duplicate post, but wanted to make sure you saw it:
    ********************************************************************************************************

That sounds fun! Know that you'll be paying top dollar to stay a weekend in August in downtown Newport, but if you share a room that wouldn't be as bad. If you want to be right in the center of things, I'd recommend either the Newport Harbor Hotel or the Marriott. Both are in the middle of downtown Newport and walking distance to everything. That said, they'll be the most expensive. To save perhaps a little money, there's a Quality Inn that's technically in Middletown, but it's right on the NPT border, and right across the street from a beach. It would be a cheap cab ride to down town, but not walkable. The further you stay from downtown, the cheaper the places will be.
    For things to do, I mentioned the beach. There's also cruises you can go on - The Flyer, a catamaran sailboat, is my personal fav. Has a bar onboard and takes you out onto the bay. There are two wineries in Newport County. Newport Vineyards and Greenvale Vineyard. Newport is a bit closer and descent, and you can tour the winery for a fee. Greenvale is in a country setting and really charming. Bring a picnic lunch and buy a bottle of their Skipping Stone white wine and sit overlooking the vineyard on the water - DIVINE! But I'm partial b/c I worked at Greenvale.
    Aside from that, there's lots of boutique shopping downtown. There's place where you can paint your own ceramics and fire them - so much fun! Obviously there's also the mansions that you can tour (look up Preservation Society of Newport for more info), and there's the Cliff Walk, which is a paved walkway that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. Or I highly recommend taking a drive out to Castle Hill Inn and having a drink or even lunch. It overlooks the bay/ocean and is magnifiscent! A little pricey, but totally worth it for the experience. No jeans though.
    Then there's the nightlife! Depending on the atmosphere you're looking for, there are bars with live bands, bars with DJs, and just some low key pub type places. For bands, check out Pelham or Newport Blues Cafe. For DJs, check out Christie's or The Landing. For low key, check out Busker's Irish Pub or Star Bar.
    If you want anything else more specific, ask away! You asked pretty general questions, so I'm trying to answer as much as I can w/o rambling. So feel free to ask for more specific info on something. You came to the right place!

We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards